Jondal is a municipality located in Hordaland county, Norway. It covers a total area of approx 247,07 km2 (95,39 ml2) and has a population of around 1,100 people (2014 census).
- Jondal lies on Folgefonna peninsula in Hardanger district, on the eastern shore of Hardangerfjorden. To the southeast (in Folgefonna National Park) it is bounded by the huge Folgefonna glacier. Lake Juklavatnet is situated on the municipal border with Kvinnherad. A 10-kilometre (6,2 ml) long tunnel runs from Jondal to Mauranger, Kvinnherad under the glacier.
- The municipality's administrative centre is Jondal village. Other villages in the municipality of Jondal include Kysnesstranda, Torsnes and Herand. Jondal municipality was established on January 1, 1863 when it was separated from the vast municipality of Strandebarm. Initially, it had 1,660 inhabitants.
- Jondal municipality is named after Jondalen valley in which Jondal village sits. The Old Norse form of the name is Jonardalr. The first element is the old rivername Jon (now named Jondalselvi) and the last one is dalr meaning "valley" or "dale".
- The Church of Norway features one parish (sokn) within Jondal municipality. It is part of Hardanger og Voss deanery in Diocese of Bjorgvin.
- In 2016 there was a formal suggestion by the chief of police that the police station in Jondal be closed down.
Port Jondal cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Jondal, Hardangerfjord, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|16 June, 2019|
|Saga Sapphire||08:00||17:00||Bergen, Norway|
The Jondal cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Jondal, Hardangerfjord, Norway.
If you lose the Jondal location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.