Ambika Kalna or just Kalna is a port town, municipality and headquarters of the subdivision of Kalna in Bardhaman District, West Bengal state, India. It is located on the western bank of Bhagirathi. The town covers a total area of approx 6,9 km2 (2,7 ml2) and has population of around 56,700 people (2011 census).
- The town is named after a well known deity, Goddess Kali, Maa Ambika and features a wealth of historical monuments like the palace (the Rajbari) and 108 Shiva temples. Kalna town is 60 km (37 ml) from the district headquarters, Bardhaman.
- Popularised by sage Bhaba Pagla, Debi Bhabani temple holds a special puja (the act of worship) on the last Saturday of Bengali month of Baisakh. Near it is Sri Gauranga Mandir. This temple complex houses the manuscripts and personal belongings of Sri Chaitanya. Siddheshwari Temple is a major landmark. It's dedicated to Debi Ambika (it's after her that Kalna is known as Ambika Kalna).
- Krishna Chandra Mandir (A.D.1751-1752), featuring 25 steeples, is another well known landmark. Its terracotta walls boast with scenes from the epics. Doors remain closed between 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Worth mentioning are also the 25-steeple Lalji Mandir (A.D.1739) and Pratapeshvara Mandir (A.D.1849) of rekha style.
- Maijir Bari was founded in 1752 A.D and features Shyamchand Radharani Mondir. It preserved a tradition of about 300 years and even now festivals like Annakot, Rash, Jhulan Purnima, Dol Purnima and Rath yatra, are celebrated annually involving the people of the whole region irrespective of creed, religion or caste.
- Also quite well known is Projapoti Bari. This landmark house features a large butterfly emblem on top. Its owner, Hemanta Banerjee, inherited the house from his father. He also owned Sur-O-Sathi. In 1947, the brother of Hemanta Banerjee, Apurba Banerjee, started Kali puja.
- Gopalbari Mandir which consists of 25 steeples has a perfect sculpture. Many Terracotta are ornamented on the walls of the Temples. An image of copulation is engraved here. Adjacent to the Temple, a hall for musical performances and devotional dancing was erected. It's an indication of traditional sculpture, situated in Bhaduri Para.
Highlights: Temple City
Port Kalna cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kalna, India. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|11 April, 2018|
|RV Rajmahal||Chinsurah, Hooghly, India|
The Kalna cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kalna, India.
If you lose the Kalna location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.