Karlstadt am Main (aka Karscht / Karscht am Mee) is a Main River cruise port in Germany. The town covers a total area of approx 98,11 km2 (37,88 ml2) and has a population of around 14,800 people (2015 census).
- The town is located in Main-Spessart district (Lower Franconia, Bavaria). Largest vineyards in Karlstadt are Rosstal and Im Stein. There are also others in the outlying centres, especially in Stettener Stein (Stetten) and on the way from the main town to Gambach.
- Winegrowing has slight economic importance today but still features great cultural significance. And even if few people in Karlstadt earn livelihoods from winegrowing, it's still important for the local way of life and self-perception.
- Schwenk Cement Works, Kohl Wood Veneer Factory and Düker Ironworks define the south end of the district. Besides these industrial plants, a lot of handicraft businesses have set up in Karlstadt. Another employer is District Council Head’s Office (Main-Spessart Landratsamt). There are also many inhabitants who commute to Wurzburg, 25 km (15,5 ml) away, and Lohr am Main, 18 km (11,2 ml) away.
- Karlstadt am Main lies at the junction of a couple of Bundesstraben, B 26 and B 27. On two road bridges, Alte Mainbrücke (Old Main Bridge) built in 1953 and the more northerly Neue Mainbrücke (New Main Bridge) built in 2005, River Main can be crossed.
- Karlstadt am Main can also be reached by waterway and rail. Its small sport airfield has a grass track at its disposal. Hanover-Wurzburg high-speed rail line runs through the municipal area, north-south. Within the limits of the town lie a section of Mühlberg Tunnel and part of Nantenbach Curve.
Highlights: Old town with walls, towers and gates
The Karlstadt am Main cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Karlstadt am Main, Germany.
If you lose the Karlstadt am Main location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Karlstadt am Main cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Karlstadt am Main, Germany. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
8 May, 2018