Leirvik is a port town and administrative centre of Stord municipality, Hordaland county, Norway. The town covers a total area of approx 9,52 km2 (3,68 ml2) and has a population of around 13,480 people (2013 census).
- Leirvik lies along the southern coast of the large Stord Island, along Hardangerfjorden. In 1997 it gained "town status". Leirvik includes Eldoyane peninsula where Aker Solutions industrial area is situated.
- The town of Leirvik is the regional centre of Sunnhordland district, and has a lot of public services and offices like the Sunnhordland Museum and Sunnhordland District court, as well as many restaurants and shops. Stord Church and a number of schools including Stord/Haugesund University College and Stord Upper Secondary School are all situated in Leirvik.
- The entire municipality has approx 18,000 residents (2013 census), so Leirvik has more than 70% of the municipality's total population. Leirvik is also the biggest urban area that lies in a municipality where the preferred language form is Nynorsk.
- The town of Leirvik lies along European route E39 highway, east of Stord Bridge that is part of Triangle Link connecting several islands to the mainland through road bridges and undersea tunnel.
- A ferry quay is situated at Karavika in the western part of Leirvik which offers regular ferry connections to the nearby Borgundoya, Halsnoya and Fjelbergoya islands that sit to the east in Hardangerfjorden. A regular ferry connection to nearby Huglo Island lies north of Leirvik at Jektavik's quay.
The Leirvik cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Leirvik, Stord Island, Norway.
If you lose the Leirvik location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.