Matiari, also known as Motihari, is a tiny Indian town located in the state of West Bengal. It lies within Presidency Division and serves as Nadia District administrative headquarters. Matiari sits on the banks of Hooghly River, a distributary of Ganges River.
- Matiari is situated in Chhattisgarh region. Chhattisgarh's capital Raipur is approx 118 km (73 ml) away from Matiari. The distance from Matiari to the capital of India, New Delhi, is approx 882 km (548 ml).
- The town is referred to by some of the locals as "Brass working village", coming from its rich history of making brass utensils that dates back more than 100 years, when the senior elders who worked in Calcutta's brass factories were sent back to the town of Matiari and had to use the same skills to feed families. The industry grew and is today the main income generator for residents.
- Motihari (Matiari) is famous worldwide as the place from where Mahatma Gandhi started his Satyagraha against British rule in India. Situated 120 km (74,6 ml) away from Patna, Bihar's capital, the town is popular among both history lovers and pilgrims.
- Some of the recommended activities, attractions and experiences that travellers could enjoy after cruising to Matiari, include Someshwar Nath Temple, one of the oldest in Hindu mythology. Kesariya Stupa, which is the world's largest Buddhist Stupa and Gandhi Sangrahalaya are the other sites of tourist interest in Matiari.
- Fans of architecture and history buffs, should also visit Krishna Rai Jeu Temple, located a small distance away from town's center. This temple is very old, with magnificent architecture in terms of beauty and grandeur. October and November are considered the best to visit the town.
- One of the main attractions in Matiari are the boat tours offered by the locals. They give the tourists an opportunity to get a glimpse of the landscape from a different point of view.
- Visitors shouldn't miss the chance to try some local Indian cuisines, offered in multiple cafes and restaurants found around the town. The locals are friendly and make for good company.
Highlights: Brass working village
The Matiari cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Matiari, India.
If you lose the Matiari location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Matiari cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Matiari, India. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 August, 2017
3 August, 2017
16 August, 2017
17 August, 2017
30 August, 2017
31 August, 2017