Montmerle-sur-Saone is a commune located in Ain department, eastern France. The commune covers a total area of approx 4,16 km2 (1,61 ml2) and has a population of around 3,800 people (2014 census).
- Montmerle-sur-Saone inhabitants are called Montmerlois.
- Montmerle-sur-Saone is located on river Saone. The city runs along it for 3,5 km (2 ml).
- Montmerle-sur-Saone is surrounded by the neighboring communities of Francheleins in the east, Belleville in the north/northwest, Montceaux in the northeast, Guereins in the north/northeast, Lurcy in the south/southeast, Saint-Georges-de-Reneins in the west/southwest.
- Sights of interest in Montmerle-sur-Saone include: Chapel Les Minimes (previously part of the former palace, demolished in the 19th century, with remaining tower and park); Park La Batellerie (set up to the commune's north on the edge of Saone; a tourist attraction with great panorama); Ile de Montmerle (river island located in the Saone).
- In September, Montmerle-sur-Saone organizes Horses Fair, also popular as Montmerle Fair. It has existed since 1606 and boasts unanimous internationally reputation. Tourists wonder at the succulent show of the horses turning on the track. This has inspired the expression "old as the Fair of Montmerle."
The Montmerle-sur-Saone cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Montmerle-sur-Saone, France.
If you lose the Montmerle-sur-Saone location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.