Pulau Alor is the largest island located in Alor Archipelago and one of Indonesia's 92 officially listed outlying islands. The island covers a total area of approx 2,800 km2 (1,100 ml2) and has a population of around 145,300 people (2010 census).
- Pulau Alor Island is located at eastern Lesser Sunda Islands which runs through southeastern Indonesia, that from the west include islands like Bali, Komodo, Flores, Lombok and Sumbawa.
- To the east of Pulau Alor Island across Ombai Strait are situated the islands of Atauro (belonging to East Timor) and Wetar. Across the Strait of Alor, to the south, lies Timor's western part. To the north is Banda Sea. To the west - Pantar and the other islands of Alor archipelago; further yet sre the rest of Sunda Islands.
- Alor has volcanic origin and rugged terrain. The region close to Kalabahi is the only flat site. This may be the reason why in 1911 the Dutch chose the location as capital city and main harbor (Alor-Kecil).
- On November 12, 2004 an earthquake occurred. 34 peoplewere killed and 400 injured. The shock had a magnitude of 7.5 and a max Mercalli intensity of VIII (Severe).
- The infrastructure of Pulau Alor Island is only weakly built. The locals practice subsistence agriculture. The government searches for ways to change this via the help of international organizations. Tamarind, vanilla, almonds and other nuts are cultivated in the villages. Sandalwood is cut down in the forests for trade.
- The latest geological explorations discovered valuable resources like gypsum, kaolin, natural gas, petroleum, gold, tin, and diamonds. Snorkelling and diving promise an increase in tourism in the near future. However, the coral reefshave been damaged by the depletion of fisheries.
- The couple of Pelni passenger ships Awu and Serimau each week pass through Kalabahi. During the wet season transport to Alor is sometimes disrupted by high winds and big waves.
Highlights: Takpala drums, Palm fringed beach, Alor Island
Pulau Alor Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Pulau Alor Island dock (anchor) at Kalabahi - port town locted on the western coast.
The Pulau Alor Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Alor Island, Kalabahi, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pulau Alor Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Pulau Alor Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pulau Alor Island, Kalabahi, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
20 September, 2017