Pulau Alor is the largest island in Alor Archipelago and one of Indonesia's 92 officially listed outlying islands. Alor island covers a total area of approx 2800 km2 (1100 ml2) and has population around 150,000.
- Pulau Alor is located at eastern Lesser Sunda Islands (southeastern Indonesia). West of Alor are the islands Bali, Komodo, Flores, Sumbawa, Lombok. East of Alor (across Ombai Strait) are the islands Atauro (East Timor) and Wetar. Across Strait of Alor (to the south) is Timor's western part. To the north is Banda Sea.
- The island has volcanic origin and rugged terrain. The region around Kalabahi (Alor's main port town) is the only flat area. This was the reason why in 1911 the Dutch chose this location for the island's capital city and main harbor (Alor-Kecil).
- In November 2004, a 7.5 Richter magnitude earthquake killed 34 people and injured 400.
- Island's infrastructure is poor and weakly built. The locals practice subsistence agriculture. Tamarind, vanilla, almonds and other nuts are cultivated in the villages. Sandalwood is cut down in the forests for trade.
- The latest geological explorations discovered valuable mineral resources like gypsum, kaolin, natural gas, petroleum, gold, tin, diamonds. Snorkelling and diving promise an increase in tourism in the future. Sadly, the surrounding coral reefs have been damaged by the depletion of fisheries.
Highlights: Takpala drums, Palm fringed beach, Alor Island
Pulau Alor Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Pulau Alor Island dock (anchor) at Kalabahi - port town locted on the western coast. Two ferries run by Pelni (Indonesia state-owned passenger and cargo shipping company) offer weekly service stopping at Kalabahi. During wet season, transportation to Alor Island is often disrupted due to strong winds and high waves.
Port Pulau Alor Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pulau Alor Island, Kalabahi, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|17 January, 2019|
The Pulau Alor Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Alor Island, Kalabahi, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pulau Alor Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.