Bangka (also called Banka) is an island located east of Sumatra and administratively part of Sumatra, Indonesia. The island covers a total area of approx 11,694 km2 (4,515 ml2) and has a population of around 960,690 people (2010 Census).
- Pulau Bangka Island is the major part of Bangka-Belitung Province. Pangkal Pinang, the provincial capital, lies on the island. Bangka Island is administratively separated into 4 regencies and a chartered city.
- Bangka is island province along with Belitung Island. It is divided by Bangka Strait. To the east, across Gaspar Strait, is Belitung, to the south is Java Sea, and to the north lies South China Sea. Most of island's geographical faces consists of swamps, lower plains, small hills, white pepper fields, tin mines and beautiful beaches.
- The largest town on Bangka is Pangkal Pinang, also serving as the capital of the province of Bangka-Belitung. Sungai Liat is the 2nd largest city in Bangka island. Muntok (now called Mentok) is the principal port situated in the west. The other important towns include Koba (a major tin mining town, located on the island's southern part), Toboali (also in the southern region), and Belinyu (famous for its seafood products).
- Four sea ports exist in Bangka: Belinyu on the far north, Mentok on the far west, Sadai on the far south, Pangkal Balam the closest to Pangkal Pinang.
- Since 1710, Pulau Bangka Island has been one of the principal tin-producing centers in the world. Tin production is monopoly of the Indonesian government, and there is a tin smelter located at Muntok. White pepper is produced on the island.
Pulau Bangka Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
The Pulau Bangka Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Bangka Island, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pulau Bangka Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Pulau Bangka Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pulau Bangka Island, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
8 October, 2017
26 October, 2017