Misool, spelled formerly Mysol (Misoöl in Dutch), is one of the 4 major islands in Raja Ampat Islands, West Papua (former Irian Jaya), Indonesia. The island covers a total area of approx 2,034 km2 (785 ml2).
- The highest point on Pulau Misool Island is 561 m (1,841 ft). The main towns include Waigama, situated on the northern coast of the island, and Lilinta.
- Pulau Misool Island inhabitants speak Biga language, Matbat language, and Indonesian.
- Other main islands of the group located off West Papua's western end include Batanta, Salawati and Waigeo. There are also a wealth of smaller islands like Kofiau.
- Pulau Misool Island was part of Dutch colonial empire, Netherlands East Indies.
- In 1942 the island was occupied by the Japanese. An Imperial Japanese Navy base was situated on Pulau Misool Island until 1945.
Pulau Misool Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Pulau Misool Island dock (anchor) at Waigama - port town on the northern coast.
The Pulau Misool Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Misool Island, Raja Ampat, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pulau Misool Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.