Tioman Island (Pulau Tioman in Malay language) is an island located in Rompin District, Pahang, Malaysia. The island covers a total area of approx 136 km2 (53 ml2) and has a population of around 430 people (2008 census).
- Tioman Island is situated 32 km (20 ml) off the state's east coast, and is some 20 km (12 ml) long and 12 km (7,5 ml) wide. It has 8 main villages, the biggest and most populous being Kampung Tekek located in the north.
- The densely forested Tioman Island is sparsely inhabited. It is surrounded by a wealth of coral reefs, making it a well known scuba diving spot. A lot of chalets and resorts are found around the island which boasts duty-free status.
- The beaches of Pulau Tioman Island have been claimed to be depicted in the movie, South Pacific as Bali Hai (1958) but available evidence suggested that was a false claim. During the 1970s, TIME Magazine selected the island as one of the most beautiful in the world.
- Pulau Tioman Island is served by ferries from Malaysian mainland. Berjaya Air serviced Tioman with propeller plane service from Changi Airport in Singapore until 2013. Currently, there is only one company that operates the route out of Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport in Subang to Pulau Tioman Island - Systematic Aviation Services, with a fleet of single prop Cessna aircraft. This trip takes about 1h 15 min.
- Pulau Tioman Island is part of Pahang territory, though it's closer geographically to Johor than to Pahang on mainland, and is accessed by ferry from Johorean coastal town Mersing. Within Tioman there are 4 kampungs: Air Batang, Juara, Salang and Tekek.
- The marine area around the island and 8 other nearby isles have been declared marine parks and reserves. Apart from its abundant marine life, Pulau Tioman Island rainforest area was protected as Pulau Tioman Wildlife Reserve in 1972. However, a big part of the initial reserve was sacrificed in 1984 for agricultural and tourist development. The remaining area is approx 8,296 ha (20,500 acres).
Pulau Tioman Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Pulau Tioman Island dock (anchor) at Kampung Tekek on the north-western coast.
The Pulau Tioman Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Tioman Island, Malaysia.
If you lose the Pulau Tioman Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Pulau Tioman Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pulau Tioman Island, Malaysia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
16 March, 2018