Sekondi-Takoradi is a port city comprising the twin cities Sekondi and Takoradi. The city has a population of around 445,200 people (2012 census).
- Sekondi-Takoradi is the capital of Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolitan District and Ghana's Western Region. It is the largest city in the region and a major industrial and commercial centre.
- Chief industries in Sekondi-Takoradi include cocoa processing, timber, plywood, harbour and railway repair, shipbuilding, and recently, crude oil and sweet crude oil. Sekondi-Takoradi lies on the major railway lines to Accra and Kumasi.
- The city is currently named (not officially) as Oil City of Ghana because of the massive discovery of oil in its western region and attracts massive migration from all around the world. In 2010, of the 248,680 inhabitants in Sekondi-Takoradi metro area, only 92,000, or well under 50%, were born in Ghana's Western Region. 60,000 came from country's central region, centered on Cape Coast just to the west of the city of Sekondi-Takoradi. 20,000 people from Ashanti region centered on Kumasi, 20,000 were born in Greater Accra Region.
- Takoradi port city has timber, technology and energy industries. Over the years it has attracted many investors, including miners, as Takoradi is near the mining towns in Ghana's western part.
- Sekondi-Takoradi boasts plenty of beaches, though they are not among the major tourist attractions. Many beaches lie to the west of Takoradi, with tiny resorts like Fanta's Folly, Green Turtle Lodge and The Hideout, with larger ones including Axim Beach Resort, Busua Beach and Lou Moon Lodge. It also has a street carnival that is annually held, and is popular with tourists.
Highlights: Cape Coast Castle
The Takoradi cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Takoradi, Ghana.
If you lose the Takoradi location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Takoradi cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Takoradi, Ghana. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
13 April, 2018