Taveuni is the 3rd-largest island located in Fiji, following Vanua Levu and Viti Levu. The island covers a total area of approx 434 km2 (168 ml2) and has population of around 9,000 people, some 75% of them indigenous Fijians, according to 1996 census.
- The population of Taveuni is concentrated mostly on the sheltered western side of the isle. Taveuni has 8 major villages. The administrative centre of Waiyevo is halfway down the west coast. The largest urban area comprises the twin villages of Naqara and Somosomo.
- The cigar-shaped isle, a massive shield volcano rising from the floor of the Pacific, is located 6,5 km (4 ml) across Somosomo Strait to the east of Vanua Levu. It is part of the province of Cakaudrove within Northern Division and belongs to Vanua Levu Group of islands.
- Bouma Forest Park, renamed later to Bouma National Heritage Park was founded in 1990 after landowning clans were concerned by threat of logging. During the last years the reserve has expanded and covers roughly 30% of the island.
- In January 2003, the island was crossed by Severe Tropical Cyclone Ami. Cyclone Gene caused rough damage on the island in January 2008. Taveuni was also hit by Severe Tropical Cyclone Tomas in March 2010. The eye of the storm passed within 30 km (18,6 ml) of the island and produced a tidal surge and high waves.
- The island of Taveuni features abundant flora and is famous as the 'Garden Island of Fiji'. It's a popular tourist destination and visitors are attracted to the good diving opportunities, bushwalks, waterfalls and prolific bird life. Central parts of Taveuni Island receive high rainfall rates. Taveuni's soils are volcanic in origin and have supported the most historically significant industry on the island, agriculture.
Highlights: Garden Island of Fiji, Birdlife, Reefs, Naselesele
Taveuni Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Taveuni Island dock (anchor) at Waiyevo - port town on the northern coast.
Taveuni Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
The Taveuni Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Taveuni Island, Fiji.
If you lose the Taveuni Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Taveuni Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Taveuni Island, Fiji. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
7 May, 2017
8 May, 2017