Toyama is a port city and the capital of Toyama Prefecture, Japan. The city covers a total area of approx 1,241 km2 (479 ml2) and has a population of around 418,140 people (2016 census).
- Toyama is located on the coast of Sea of Japan in Chūbu region on central Honshu, about 200 km (120 ml) north of Nagoya and 300 km (190 ml) northwest of Tokyo.
- Historically, Toyama city was the capital of Etchu Province. The contemporary city was incorporated on April 1st, 1889 withdrawing from the district of Kaminiikawa.
- The city is served by Toyama Airport as well as by Toyama Station (West Japan Railway Company), via Toyama Light Rail, Toyama Chiho Railway.
- Hokuriku Electric Power Company (known colloquially as Hokuden), is the regional power-supply monopoly, based in Toyama city. Bearing parts & industrial robot company of Nachi-Fujikoshi as well as software company INTEC also have their headquarters based in Toyama.
- Toyama Band of musical sandwichmen contest (Toyama Chindon Contest), proposed in 1955 by Toyama Chamber of Commerce, is held in early April each year. This event has become a popular festival, and many sandwichmen bands (men wearing advertisements'sandwich boards) participate, attracting a wealth of tourists every year.
- Points of interestin Toyama include: Gohyaku rakan (500 statues depicting arhats at Chokei-ji temple); Botanic Gardens of Toyama; Toyama Castle; Toyama International Conference Center; Museum of Modern Art of Toyama; Toyama Glass Studio; Toyama Athletic Recreation Park Stadium.
The Toyama cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Toyama, Japan.
If you lose the Toyama location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.