Royal Caribbean all-you-can-drink package - how much does it cost, what is included in it, reviews. Royal Caribbean have rolled fleet-wide unlimited drink packages with alcohol included in these most special RCL all-inclusive cruise deals. This is simply another hit episode from the Royal Caribbean vs Carnival Cruise Lines fun-action packed saga. And you can compare Carnival and Royal Caribbean alcohol package deals at this survey about the Carnival Cheers program/all-you-can drink package gaining more and more popularity among the CCL fleet.
- Unlimited alcohol packages are truly without limits - no daily caps (how many drinks you can get). The only "limitation" is the soda fountain cups (that each package receives). Because refils are done at automated (self-serve) machines, the limit is once every 10-15 minutes. (to prevent abuse of the machines).
- In all beverage packages gratuity (18%) is included. The receipt shows the base package price plus "service charge" (covering the gratuities). Adding additional gratuity is always optional.
- (NEW) Not everyone in the cabin must purchace a drink package. Initially, there was a rule requiring every adult in the stateroom to purchase the unlimited alcohol package.
- Sharing drink packages is not allowed. If you get caught sharing a drink package, the package will most probably be canceled without refund. Still, if you buy a bottle of wine, you are allowed to share it.
- Buying drink packages on the first (embarkation) day is not mandatory. However, there must be at least 4 days left in the RCI cruise for the option to purchase drink packages later. This means on a 7-night itinerary you can buy a drink package on day 2 or 3 and pay only for the remaining days.
new Royal Caribbean alcohol package cost
- The Royal Caribbean Classic drinks package includes house wines (by the glass), all beers (under $6,25 each), all non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain sodas, juices. The Classic beverage package cost is $45 per day per guest.
- The Royal Caribbean Premium drinks package is an all-inclusive alcohol included package featuring all of the above, plus frozen drinks and all cocktails with premium brands. The Premium beverage package cost is $55 per day per passenger.
- RCCL all-inclusive beverage packages are currently available on itineraries sailing 4 nights or longer, their prices are inclusive of gratuities and you won't have to pay more, unless you desire to do so. It's required to be purchased on the 1st day of the voyage, and also by all adult guests in the same stateroom (21 years of age or older). This rule is presumably enacted to prevent guests from sharing drinks.
Royal Caribbean "all-you-can-drink" package concept
Royal Caribbean unlimited alcohol packages can be pre-purchased on-line (prior to sailing) via the RCI website (log in, go to "My Cruises", find the "Alcoholic Beverage Packages" link).
The testing of the new Royal Caribbean alcohol packages started with the world's biggest ships from the RCCL fleet - Allure and Oasis, promoting the idea of paying one price for unlimited Bar drinks services per day. Sometimes, RCCL offers a complimentary Premium beverage package as a bonus for booking higher category cabins on some of the Royal Caribbean Transatlantic repositioning cruises (if you book a balcony stateroom and above). Know that these offers do not apply to group bookings.
New Royal Caribbean drink packages cost (unlimited beverages, alcohol included)
Royal Caribbean offers new drink packages deals on all RCCL cruises. The new RCCL package deals differ greatly from all the old ones. The huge difference is that if only one of all guests in the cabin wants to purchase an unlimited package, he/she absolutely can, and this is without forcing other adults in the room to do so. Until this new "package policy", if only one guest in the stateroom wanted an unlimited beverage package, then all adult passengers in the same room would have to purchase one too.
The four new Royal Caribbean beverage packages prices range (see the picture above for all the details) from US$20 to US$65 per day per passenger. And their very special names and feature inclusions are:
- The cheapest one is the "Royal Replenish Package" (cost USD 20) - all non-alcoholic beverages, coffee is included.
- The "Select Package" (cost USD 40) - beer, wine by the glass, soda are included.
- The "Premium Package" (cost USD 55) - premium cocktails and fine wines by the glass are included.
- And the most expensive is the "Ultimate Package" (cost USD 65) - unlimited alcohol and beverages are included.
- 20% discount pricing on bottles of wine are offered with purchasing of Select, Premium and Ultimate beverage package deals. All RCCL drink package prices are inclusive of gratuities.
- Souvenir cups (alcoholic beverages, not Coca-Cola cups) are not included in any of the packages. They cost extra ($10) with the alcoholic drink.
Don't forget - these are prices PP, for each day of your RCI cruise ship vacation, must be purchased for the whole cruise duration.
Well, if this is not the latest WOW from the Royal cruise company! All the 4 packages are absolutely far from cheap, but also absolutely all inclusive. Alcohol, or just soda and coffee - it's up to you - like always. And yes - for nearly $70 a day I'm positively drunk already.
The list of other Royal Caribbean beverage packages includes:
RCI Water Package
Royal Caribbean passengers can purchase bottled water sets in 8, 12, 16 and 24 bottles. Evian brand water comes with Sports Cap - each bottle is one liter. Evian Water Package will cost you from $28.45 per day per person. Right after you purchase a water package, water will be delivered on the requested date to your stateroom. Water packages include set bottles' number, unlike other drink packages. These are not available for unlimited bottles packages. If you purchase water package you'll be offered a discount compared to onboard buying water individually. Royal Caribbean promised savings up to 35%, depending on the purchased water bottles quantity.
RCI Soda Package
Royal Caribbean soda packages provide guests with unlimited refills - take advantage at any of the lounges and bars onboard as well as the private islands and Main Dining Rooms. Guests also receive a Coca-Cola cup souvenir with the package. Fountain soda package's cost is determined by your cruise length. The average daily cost is $4.50 for kids, $6.50 for adults, plus gratuity. Soda packages allow passengers to use Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines onboard select ships. After you purchase a soda package, you'll have an icon placed on the SeaPass card, indicating to Royal Caribbean staff that you've purchased the package.
RCI Juice Packages
Royal Caribbean offers Minute Maid brand unlimited juice packages in varieties of quantities and flavors for those who want healthy drinks. You may buy at a time 6, 8 or 12 bottles, 15 ounces each. Royal Caribbean juice package costs from $20.15 per day per person. Available are the following flavors: Ruby red grapefruit juice, Apple juice, orange juice, variety Pack (divided equally among the three above choices). When ordered online, Juice Packages are placed in guest's stateroom on the requested date, and when purchased onboard - delivered within 24 hours. RCCL promised savings up to 25%, depending on the purchased water bottles quantity.
Royal Caribbean alcohol packages reviews
(our top-best RCCL unlimited drinks program reviews choices)
- "I can't drink enough to make such a package financially viable"
- "we bought a package and definitely didn't break even. Plus it is really expensive, I think paying by the drink is better".
- "it's the wine that is very expensive on RC - prices by the glass start from 8 euros plus tips for a Californian chardonnay" (RCI wine list prices)
- "I like the idea of all-inclusiveness, and I'm lucky to be able to afford it"
- "LOL My name is X and I am an alcoholic"
- "on a classic 7-day itinerary, that's an extra $315/$385 PP - yes, it's a decent price for my specially themed Royal Caribbean "booze package cruise" :)".
- "Personally, I think offering all inclusive alcohol packages encourage lots of drinking (more drunks), which is good for profit and bad for health. Anyone spending this much on booze feel obligated to drink more than what they would normally consume.
- "The package benefits only those who drink alot, but it's also good to keep a lid on your drinking expenses. You set your drinking budget ahead in time - I mean, when you're a sober, which is very practical".
- "It's a affordable way to stay pretty inebriated for the cruise".
- Integrated with Royal Caribbean drinks prices and the Royal Caribbean new menu/main dining room.
Royal Caribbean beverage package deals - is it worth it?
Note: All table prices are in USD, and suggestive (rounded to a dollar). The below comparison is based on the RCI's "Premium" beverage package (cost USD 55 PP per day).
|Beverages||per drink price
(savings per day)
|Number of drinks to break even