Sun Princess deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Sun Princess deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2020-2021-2022 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Princess Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Sun Princess cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Sun Princess staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Sun Princess cruise ship plan has a total of 1011 staterooms for 1998 passengers served by 925 crew/staff. The ship has 11 passenger accessible decks, 9 restaurants and bars, 6 lounges, 3 swimming pools, 5 jacuzzies, 9 elevators.
Passenger-use launderettes (laundromats) are located on decks 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11. These are self-service laundry facilities with ironing boards and detergent being provided.
Sun Princess deck plan changes 2018 refurbishment review
During the ship's 2018 drydock in Singapore (July 12-26) was part of Princess Cruises USD 450 million fleet renovation Following the refurbishment, to the liner was introduced the following changes:
- new hull livery design
- Club Class Mini-Suites (new premium cabin category with VIP amenities and exclusive dining.
- Camp Discovery Youth Center (children club lounges for kids ages 3-17) via a partnership with Discovery Channel.
- Enhanced Boutiques - ship's shopping arcade now offers upgraded retail shops, including the premium brand Effy Fine Jewelry, new logoed products (Princess Cruises branded wear and logo apparel in the re-designed Logo shop), designer handbags and fashion accessories from Burberry, Coach, Guess, Longchamp.
The ship's 14-day refurbishment in 2016 (April 5-18, in Singapore) resulted in the following deckplan changes:
- “Princess Luxury Bed” systems were added to all passenger cabins.
- On deck 7, Kai Sushi was redesigned and renamed Kai Seafood Bar.
- On deck 8, a new restaurant (SHARE by Curtis Stone) was added replacing the pizzeria restaurant Sabatini’s. Also on deck 8, the Legends Bar (sports bar) programming was upgraded, now showing live tennis, AFL and NRL matches and other AU sports on its multiple LED screens.
- On deck 12, New Zealand Natural (speciality ice cream bar) replaced the Sundaes Bar. Also on deck 12, the Lotus Spa complex was renovated.
- On Lido Deck 14, the Amuleto Cafe (patisserie /speciality coffee bar) was added to the World Fresh Marketplace (formerly Horizon Court buffet). The buffet restaurant was also revamped with new decor and a la carte cooking stations. Also on deck 14, Terrace Grill bar was transformed into an al fresco BBQ restaurant.
- The ship’s interior decor and furnishings were changed (new Japan themes).
- The ship’s 2016 refurbishment project cost Princes Cruises around USD 30 million.
The list of deckplan changes after ship's 2013 drydock refurbishment (Singapore) included:
- new Asian themed interior decor
- International Cafe (in the Atrium)
- new Sushi bar
- “Horizon Court” buffet (renovation, live cooking presentations, new pastry shop and a speciality coffee bar)
- “Lotus Spa” (renovation)
- “Terrace Grill” (al fresco menu)
- ice cream bar (deck 12) now with speciality coffees and teas.
Sun Princess deck plans are property of Princess Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.