Shortly after the ceremony, the massive building-dock started filling with water and Oceania Vista became one with the sea for the first time.
Presiding over the float-out ceremony was Shipyard Director for Fincantieri, Giuseppe Torrente, and His Excellency Monsignor Tasca, Archbishop of Genoa. Following the blessing of the newbuild, Miss Anna Trucco - the shipyard’s Madrina, released a bottle of Prosecco against the ship's hull to invite good fortune for the vessel and all those who will sail on Vista.
Oceania Vista will set sail on her maiden voyage from Civitavecchia-Rome (Italy) to Barcelona (Spain) on April 14, 2023, followed by 12 additional European cruises before commencing operations from the United States to the Canadian Maritimes and New England, Panama Canal, and the Caribbean.
Oceania Vista highlights include:
- 12 dining options, 4 of which new
- 1,200 passengers served by 800 crew
- The most spacious staterooms at sea (290+ ft2)
- All Penthouse Suites & staterooms feature large bathrooms and oversized rainforest showers
- All Owner’s, Vista, Oceania Suites boast luxurious soaking tubs
- Palatial Owner’s Suites & top-of-ship Library styled in Ralph Lauren Home
- Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms for solo passengers
- 8 bars, lounges, entertainment venues
- Aquamar Spa & Vitality Center, Aquamar Spa Terrace
- Staffed Concierge & Executive Lounges for Concierge Staterooms & Suites.