HAL-Holland America Line is continuing to bolster longer cruises departing from a North American homeport, with the "2024 Grand Australia & New Zealand Voyage" being the newest addition.
Guests on this South Pacific expedition will visit Hawaii, Indonesia, the Great Barrier Reef, South Pacific islands, New Zealand, without flights from the USA or with convenient flights out of Canada.
Grand Voyage 2024's highlights include:
- 43 ports of call, including 17 around the Australian continent
- 4 overnight ports: Fremantle-Perth, Sydney NSW, Auckland NZ, and Papeete (Tahiti/French Polynesia)
- 2 late-evening departures: Brisbane QLD and Honolulu Hawaii
- 2 full days of Great Barrier Reef scenic cruising, exploring the Ribbon Reef/Far North regions
- 16 visits to South Pacific islands
- A stop at Komodo Island/Indonesia, with the chance to see the iconic Komodo Dragon.
- Scenic cruising in NZ's Fiordland NP (Milford Sound) and Torres Strait/Zenadh Kes (between Australia and New Guinea)
Two shorter itinerary segments are also offered: 58-day from USA to Australia (San Diego-Sydney), and 36-day the reverse Asutralia to the USA (Sydney-San Diego).
Passengers who book the full 94-day itinerary by June 1, 2023, receive 3% savings off the cruise-only fare, as well as amenities valued at up to US$4770 per person.
Additional upcoming Grand Voyages feature the 2022 & 2023 Grand Africa Voyage, 2023 & 2024 World Voyages, and 2023 Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage.