In fall of 2018, Disney Cruise Line organizes Halloween-themed cruises with onboard activities, events, special decorations, themed parties and unique menu items in the restaurants on its cruise ships. Halloween on the High Seas takes place on most cruises aboard Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Magic and Disney Wonder from September through October.
Halloween celebration includes live entertainment, special decor and themed parties, including The Pumpkin Tree, that transforms throughout the trip. Other experiences include:
- “A Nightmare Before Christmas - Sing and Scream” interactive movie experience where all guests are part of the action. It will be followed by a meet-and-greet with Sally and Jack Skellington.
- “Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party” celebration with dancing, games and Halloween candy. Disney characters in Halloween costumes will join guests for the costume party.
- “Haunted Stories of the Sea”: the cruisers gather under the stars for tales of the sea told by “mysterious” sea captain storyteller.
- “Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids:” For adults, nighttime entertainment district is the setting for costume contest and "Villainous Takeover" on the dance floor.
- “Creepy Cabaret” live Halloween-themed music performed in the atrium by costumed musicians.
- “Ghoulish Delights:” Disney chefs will prepare special items for Halloween, such as spider cakes, chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, and “Spooky Juice.”
- “Spooky Movies:” To get cruisers into the season's spirit, Halloween-themed movies will be featured in staterooms and on Funnel Vision by the family pool.
To celebrate Halloween, Disney Dream sails 3- and 4-night Bahamian itineraries departing September 3 through October 29; Disney Fantasy sails 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean voyages departing September 1 through October 27; Disney Wonder sails 2-, 4- and 5-night Baja cruises, a 7-night Mexican Riviera trip and a 14-night Panama Canal sailing departing September 14 through October 19; and Disney Magic sails 4- and 7-night Canada itineraries and 5- and 6-night Bermuda voyages departing September 20 through October 29.