Disney Cruise Line
Disney Magic current position
Current itinerary of Disney Magic
Disney Magic current cruise is 5 days, round-trip Marvel Day At Sea Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay. Prices start from USD 2236 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 17 Jan, 2022 and ends on 22 Jan, 2022.
Specifications of Disney Magic
|Year built||1998 / Age: 24|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 400 million|
|Owner||The Walt Disney Company|
|Operator||Disney Cruise Line|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||83969 gt|
|Passengers||1754 - 2456|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Patricia Disney|
Disney Magic Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Dec 29||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami||Miami||$6145|
|2022 Jan 03||5 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay||Miami||$2336|
|2022 Jan 08||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami With Marvel Day At Sea||Miami||$1902|
|2022 Jan 13||4 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami||Miami||$1675|
|2022 Jan 17||5 days, round-trip Marvel Day At Sea Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay||Miami||$2236|
|2022 Jan 22||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami With Marvel Day At Sea||Miami||$2153|
|2022 Jan 27||4 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami||Miami||$1634|
|2022 Jan 31||5 days, round-trip Marvel Day At Sea Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay||Miami||$2106|
|2022 Feb 05||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami With Marvel Day At Sea||Miami||$2203|
|2022 Feb 10||4 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami||Miami||$1674|
|2022 Feb 14||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami With Marvel Day At Sea||Miami||$1752|
|2022 Feb 19||5 days, round-trip Marvel Day At Sea Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay||Miami||$2146|
|2022 Feb 24||4 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami||Miami||$1403|
|2022 Feb 28||5 days, round-trip Marvel Day At Sea Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay||Miami||$2286|
|2022 Mar 05||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami With Marvel Day At Sea||Miami||$2402|
|2022 Mar 10||4 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami||Miami||$1874|
|2022 Mar 14||5 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay||Miami||$2966|
|2022 Mar 19||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami||Miami||$2203|
|2022 Mar 24||4 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami||Miami||$1762|
|2022 Mar 28||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami||Miami||$2502|
|2022 Apr 02||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami||Miami||$2452|
|2022 Apr 07||4 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami||Miami||$1698|
|2022 Apr 11||5 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay||Miami||$3186|
|2022 Apr 16||5 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay||Miami||$2786|
|2022 Apr 21||4 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami||Miami||$2074|
|2022 Apr 25||5 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Miami With 2 Stops At Disney Castaway Cay||Miami||$2436|
|2022 Apr 30||5 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Miami||Miami||$2353|
|2022 Sep 30||5 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Bermuda Cruise From New York||New York||$2843|
|2022 Oct 05||5 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Bermuda Cruise From New York||New York||$2953|
|2022 Oct 16||5 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Bermuda Cruise From New York||New York||$2766|
|2022 Oct 21||5 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Bermuda Cruise From New York||New York||$2773|
|2022 Oct 26||5 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Bermuda Cruise From New York||New York||$2766|
|2022 Nov 20||5 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$3301|
|2022 Nov 25||7 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$3054|
|2022 Dec 02||7 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2970|
|2022 Dec 09||4 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1960|
|2022 Dec 13||5 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2351|
|2022 Dec 18||5 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2691|
|2022 Dec 23||4 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$3112|
|2022 Dec 27||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$4440|
|2023 Jan 02||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2082|
|2023 Jan 13||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2546|
|2023 Jan 19||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1930|
|2023 Jan 27||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1930|
|2023 Jan 31||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2546|
|2023 Feb 23||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$2030|
|2023 Feb 27||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$1758|
|2023 Mar 03||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$2571|
|2023 Mar 09||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$1950|
|2023 Mar 13||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$1838|
|2023 Mar 17||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$2643|
|2023 Mar 23||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$1950|
Disney Magic Review
Review of Disney Magic
History - construction and ownership
DCL-Disney Cruise Line is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company (shipowner). The company was incorporated in 1996 as "Magical Cruise Company Ltd". Walt Disney also owns the Bahamian private island Castaway Cay (exclusive port of call - for Disney ships only) and an exclusive Cruise Terminal at Port Canaveral (Orlando Florida). Disney cruises are marketed as "family vacations" and feature unique and exclusive activities, such as costumed Disney Characters, adults-only deck areas, dedicated facilities for teens, kids and infants-toddlers, signature (trademarked) shipboard facilities and activities, themed live entertainment.
The 1750-passenger ship Disney Magic provides some of the best sea travel vacation experiences. And just like all Disney businesses, the ship's primary market are families with small children (mostly kids younger than 8) - the major revenue provider for the Walt Disney company. However, on Disney Magic, you'll also find many passengers traveling without kids.
The ever first Disney ship, Magic was launched in 1998 to serve the special preferences of a new generation Disney package vacation fun fans. The Disney Magic ship design resembles the 1920's luxurious ocean liners, but what really makes this vessel worthy of its Disney name are all the Disney characters, special facilities, and unique fun activities on-board, along with the greatest kids programs at sea, the most Magic-al deck parties, and excellent service.
The CLIENTELE consists almost entirely of USA and Canada Disney cruise fun fans. The new Disney approach to children by age-related activities and specially dedicated onboard venues makes all ships mostly appealing for multi-generational travelers.
Disney Magic DRESS CODE - day casual and evening resort casual, meaning for men - jackets (no ties) and pants, and for women - summer dresses (no swimwear-shorts-jeans in the main restaurants at dinner). All Disney Magic 7-day sailings include one formal and one semi-formal night.
Disney Magic TIPS (totaling US $12 PP per day, automatically charged to guests' shipboard accounts), given to $8 waiters (dining room server $4, assistant server $3, head server $1) and $4 to cabin attendants. Additionally, a 15% gratuity is included on all bar drinks and onboard service areas.
Decks and Cabins
Most Disney Magic staterooms (877 total, in 22 grades) are 225-260-ft2 Balconies. The ship has 22 Suites, 362 Balcony, 235 Oceanview and 256 Inside cabins. The largest accommodations are Royal Suites (845 ft2 / 79 m2 plus 185 ft2 / 17 m2 terrace).
The ever-first Disney ship Magic boasts elegant Art Deco decorations of public spaces and a most affordable luxury in all its staterooms, of which even the standard cabins are designed as mini-suites (separate bedroom and living areas).
All Disney Magic cabins are designed with families in mind - some of the most spacious and most elegant at sea, and of course - with "Mickeys" everywhere. Cabins are quiet and offer comfortable privacy, appealing to both families and people traveling without youngsters. Even the standard Disney Magic cabins boast a separate bedroom and a living area (common to mini-suite accommodations of other brands), 2 beds convertible to a queen, the living room including a convertible sofa (an option for 3rd single bed); many cabins also have bunk beds (for a 4th person).
Disney Magic family cruise cabins for families of 5 have a Murphy bed. Plenty of drawers, a closet with sliding doors, a desk-dressing table, a smart HDTV, electronic safe bos, 2 portable "Wave Phones" (with texting capabilities and coverage throughout the ship and on Castaway island).
A unique feature of all Disney cruise cabins are the split-bathrooms ("bath and a half" configurations) - one with a toilet and a sink, the other with tub-shower-sink (the cheapest insides with a single bath 1 sink). Decent bathroom amenities (soap-shampoo-conditioner-lotion), a hairdryer.
All Disney Magic suites are located on Deck 8 and feature concierge service, deluxe design elements, huge Jacuzzis, better quality mattresses and large verandas (among the additional amenities are robes, slippers, and a vanity pack).
The boat has 11 decks, of which 6 are with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Disney Magic dining options include 3 main restaurants with the most fun rotational dining scheme (whatever the restaurant, your table number is the same, as well as companions and servers), a traditional 2-seating (at 5:45 and 8:15 pm, the earlier cater to the youngest kids). The traditional "Lumiere's" restaurant is decorated Art Deco (French menu), the "Animator's Palate" boast special light effects and video LED screens, and the "Carioca's" is a Caribbean-themed dining room with the most fun waiters and decorated in beautiful bright colors (this restaurant is also available for breakfast-lunch buffets).
The Disney Magic ship food experience features ample portions (everything is on-board made), with several choices of salads and fresh vegetables, a great variety of seafood, meats, pasta, and naturally, a separate kids menu is available.
Casual dining onboard is called "Cabanas" (a buffet restaurant, located high up and aft (overlooking the stern, a great outdoor dining option). Deck 9 offers 3 fast-food stations - the "Pete's Boiler Bites", the "Pinocchio's Pizzeria" and the "Daisy's De-Lites".
Specialty dining options are offered at "Palo" (an adults-only fine restaurant (costs extra, located on Deck 10; reservations are required, it's a relatively small venue, so early booking is advisable). Italian (Med) cuisine, including superb fish and seafood dishes, the brunch here offers Champagne and cold buffet with seafood and meats, great salads and desserts, and hot made-to-order selections (eggs-meat-fish).
The room service menu is simple (cold sandwiches, salads, hot dogs, burgers, lasagna, pizza, cookies), the service is fast, and suite guests enjoy hot breakfast and dining room meals options. Free drinks (Coca-Cola products) are also available at meals and at the 24-hour drink pavilion (Deck 9 aft).
Follows the complete list of Disney Magic restaurants and food bars.
- Lumiere's Restaurant (471-seat forward Dining Room; with two open Dinner servings - 5:30 p.m.-6 p.m. and 8 p.m.-8:30 p.m.; on 7+ day cruises features Gala Dessert Buffet)
- Carioca's / Parrot Cay Restaurant (471-seat aft Dining Room with South American and Brazilian specialties for dinner)
- Animator's Palate Restaurant (471- seat aft Dining Room, animator's studio design, features favorite Disney-character dinner shows; serves complimentary drinks; Rotational Dining with two fixed Dinner seatings - at 5:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.)
- Cabanas (self-service complimentary restaurant with American cuisine, pasta, sushi)
- Pinocchio's Pizzeria (outdoor complimentary restaurant, poolside)
- Pete's Boiler Bites (fast food outdoor eatery; Lunch and Dinner)
- Daisy's De-Lites (outdoor fast-food eatery, poolside)
- Palo (116-seat Italian specialty restaurant; adults-only, reservation-only; aft location; bookings via the internet or on board).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The Disney Magic ship public rooms are nothing short to amazing. The "Walt Disney" Theater has a capacity of 977 seats and offers live performances and huge Disney productions (like Broadway-style musicals and classy review shows) on a 2-deck-high rotational stage. The "Buena Vista" Theater is smaller (showing Disney movies). Most of the ship's public spaces are on Decks 3-4-5. The most famous are: the Promenade Lounge (family-friendly, great music), Studio Sea (game shows, exhibitions, karaoke), the Atrium (a great place to meet Disney characters for an autograph, the place for the Captain's cocktail party and for Disney pin trading), 3 shops (on Deck 4 are "Mickey's Mates" (Disney memorabilia and postcards) and "Treasure Ketch" (logos, jewelry, watches), and the duty-free "Up Beat" is on Deck 3 (perfumes, liquor). The pool deck's adult section has a coffee house - the Cove Cafe (specialty coffees, bar drinks).
Like all Disney ships, the Magic has no casino (there's bingo with good jackpots). One of the features that make the Magic ship a special place to be is the deck parties, the highlight being "The Pirates in the Caribbean" Party - a great, most attended by all age groups themed Disney ship cruise fun.
Naturally, most of the shipboard entertainment is Disney themed (like the goldies "Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story", "Villains Tonight!" and the "Disney Dreams") with all the feature Disney characters). And there are Disney movies, including first-runs (shown in the ship's two theaters "Buena Vista" and "Walt Disney") and Disney 3D movies.
In lounges and clubs, there are numerous family activities during the day - dance parties, bingo, pirate quests, shuffleboard and video games tournaments, all kinds of contests, pool games, family karaoke, dance lessons, talent shows. Between dinner times, there is a short family-friendly cabaret show, with its adult version after hours.
Most of the adult-themed activities are at night for guests ages 18-25, like "Match Your Mate", "Singles' Mingle" and "College Club Social". The Magic ship's adult-only daytime programs are 3: the "Navigating the Seas" series (lectures and video info about the ship), the "Disney Behind the Scenes" series (about the "know-how" of Disney specials - from food to entertainment) and the "Art of Entertaining" series, all of which are at no additional charge (for wine tastings there's a $12 charge, $15 for martini and margarita tastings).
MS Disney Magic kids cruise programs are the main reason for the Disney Magic line's high loyalty guests ratio. Designed with families in mind, there are several huge areas onboard, designated for kids with activities for every age level. All kids ages 3-10 have access to 2 interconnected club areas - the Oceaneer's "Club" (7-10 yo) and "Lab" (8-12 yo).
Kids clubs occupy an enormous space resembling a pirate ship, with PCs and TV monitors cloaked in treasure chests, and fun activities like cooking classes, games and contests, food-fests and pool parties. "Edge" is the tweens' club (11-13 yo) with PC and PS games, arts and crafts, and a bridge simulator for navigating a ship. The teen-only area (14-17 yo) is called "Vibe" (located in a funnel midship) - a special lounge with huge couches, flat TVs and video games, other hit activities are the dance parties and the karaoke. All kids programs (age 3+) are complimentary.
"It's A Small World" ship nursery (babies 3 months to 3 years of age) is at an additional cost of $6 per hour ($5 for the 2nd child). An online service allows guests to order from over 1,000 "Babies Travel Lite" products in advance of their sailing (delivered to their cabin). All services are also available on Castaway Cay. All Disney children counselors are college educated, well experienced and attentive.
Follows the complete list of Disney Magic lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Walt Disney Magic Theatre (977-seat, 3-decks high; offers live shows, aerial acrobatics performances, grand-style productions, 3D movies; with two evening shows - at 6:15 pm and 8:30 pm)
- Magic's Atrium (3-deck high central ship area, featuring custom-made carpet, new furnishings, art deco chandelier, grand piano, and large portholes, with "Helmsman Mickey" bronze statue)
- After Hours/Beat Street (3 clubs' entertainment district, adults only after 9 p.m.; Fathom, Keys and O'Gill's Pub)
- Fathom Lounge Disco & Nightclub
- Keys (adults-only piano bar, features handcrafted cocktails)
- O'Gill's Pub (sports bar, with large TVs and live music)
- Mickey's Mates; Mickey's Mainsail (Disney brand logo shops for postcards, souvenirs, DVDs, toys, clothes, games)
- Sea Treasures (duty-free crystal, brand jewelry, watches, precious stones, Disney merchandise, underwear, sport, and swimming apparel); Quacks (Disney logo swimwear, T-shirts, towels)
- Up Beat (duty-free brand jewelry, perfumes, liquor, and tobaccos); Treasure Ketch (duty-free shop); Whitecaps (Disney logo goods)
- Promenade Lounge (104-seat family venue with full bar service, specialty coffees, and drinks; with the Internet Cafe)
- Studio Sea (game shows, exhibitions, karaoke)
- Buena Vista Theatre (268-seat 4D cinema, features 3D movies, Dolby Surround 7.1, and Dolby 3D movie technology)
- Preludes Bar (quick wait-service snacks and beverages bar)
- Shutters PhotoShop (photo packages, accessories, photographic services); Vista Gallery
- D Lounge Bar & Nightclub
- Vibe Disco & Club Lounge (teens only)
- It's A Small World Nursery (for 3 months to 3 yo infants and toddlers; reservations required)
- Magic's Oceaneer Club (kids 3-12 yo; with four play areas with themes from Disney films); Magic's Oceaneer Lab (play area for kids 3-12 yo)
- Senses Spa & Fitness Complex (with Treatment Salon, Roman Bath, Sauna, Relaxation Room; Fitness Centre /health and wellbeing seminars; Beauty Salon)
- Senses Spa Villas (private suites with own hot tub, private verandah, Roman bed with canopy, open-air shower)
- Quiet Cove Pool (adults only pool, served by Cove Bar; with 2 Whirlpools)
- Cove Cafe (adult-only, with large LED TV screen; Wi-Fi spot)
- Signals Bar (adults-only bar for snacks and beverages, poolside)
- Eye Scream Treats Bar (complimentary ice cream, poolside)
- Frozone Treats (iced fruit smoothies bar, poolside)
- Eye Scream Treats (Monsters Inc themed ice cream parlor)
- Goofy's Family Pool; Mickey's Pool; Nephews' Splash Zone; AquaDunk Water Slide; AquaLab (kids interactive water play area)
- Quarter Masters (video games arcade)
- Edge Lounge (11-14 yo teens-only club area, with a giant video wall, interactive games, Internet)
- 24x14ft Outdoor LED movie screen
- Wide World of Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, soccer)
- Radio Studio (live radio programs for Disney Magic itinerary-related news and onboard events)
- Outlook Bar (retreat area with a piano and full bar; hosts weddings receptions).
Following the Coronavirus crisis, for summer 2021 (June-September), the ship was scheduled to operate cruises-to-nowhere (mostly 2-3-night plus limited 4-night roundtrips) from homeports London-Tilbury, Liverpool, Newcastle, and Southampton. These unique for DCL itineraries (called "Sea Staycations") were open for booking by UK residents-only and without any call ports.
In fall 2022 the ship operates 7-day NYC to Bermuda (Kings Wharf) itineraries. Since November 2022, Disney Magic is homeported in Galveston Texas for short-breaks (4-night and 5-night) to Mexico's Cozumel and Progreso.
Disney Magic - user reviews and comments
Photos of Disney MagicAdd Photo
Disney Magic ship related cruise news
After temporarily canceling all of its sailings due to the Coronavirus/COVID crisis, DCL-Disney Cruise Line is preparing to bring more of its liners...September 10, 2021
On Friday night, September 3, the Tynemouth Royal National Lifeboat Institution rescue boat carried out a medevac for an injured cruise passenger...September 6, 2021
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line's ship Disney Magic sailed into Newcastle upon Tyne (England UK) on Friday, September 3, carrying families on one of her...September 5, 2021
North Wales Coastguard (CG) rescued a crew member on Wednesday, July 28, from DCL-Disney Cruise Line's Disney Magic ship cruising in the Irish Sea...July 29, 2021
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line is due to resume service from the United States on August 9 with Disney Dream's departure from Port Canaveral (Orlando...July 27, 2021
Despite the CDC's guideline changes, DCL-Disney Cruise Line is continuing to cancel upcoming cruise dates. Before the new CDC guidelines, DCL had...May 17, 2021
- Cruise Industry
When DCL-Disney Cruise Line first announced its cruises-to-nowhere for UK residents in March 2021, they were greeted with enthusiasm across the...April 25, 2021
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line is expected to put its ex-UK voyages this summer on sale on April 30, 2021. MS Disney Magic itineraries are scheduled to...April 17, 2021
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line is adding to the expanding flotilla of ships sailing around the UK this summer. MS Disney Magic ship is scheduled to run a...March 26, 2021
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line announced it will offer in summer 2022 new destinations and ports of call in the regions of Mediterranean, Aegean (Greek Isles...March 22, 2021
- show more news
Other Disney Cruise Line cruise ships
Disney Magic Wiki
The Walt Disney ship Magic is company's first-ever liner, followed by sistership Disney Wonder. Each vessel is 40% smaller in size compared to the 2 newer Disney ships Dream and Fantasy. The inaugural cruise/Maiden Voyage started on July 30, 1998. Ship's Godmother was Patricia Disney (1935-2012) - wife of Roy Edward Disney (1930-2009) who was a senior executive (Vice Chairman and Chairman) for The Walt Disney Company in the period 1954-2009.
Fun fact is that MS Disney Magic held the record for paying the highest ever regular Panama Canal passing toll (exactly USD 331,200). However, the record was beaten later by the Princess Cruises ship Coral Princess (USD 400,000). Ship's 2013 drydock refit/refurbishment included cabins and lounges overhaul, adding Disney's AquaDuck waterpark (with waterslide), AquaLab and Marvels Avengers Academy (kids playground).
Outside, the vessel looks like an ocean liner from the early-20th century. Interior decorations are influenced by both Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles. On Magic debuted many of Disney's Marvel superheroes - a really thrilling experience for the youngest passengers.
Follows the ship's concise service history (former itineraries):
- [1998-2005] the 7-day Caribbean from Port Canaveral (Orlando) Florida
- [2005-2012] relocated to San Diego CA
- [2012-2013] relocated to NYC New York and sailing from there to the Bahamas, Canada/New England
- [2013 June] relocated to Europe (Barcelona) for the summer season, also receiving a 6-week extensive refurbishment. After the 2013 Transatlantic crossing started departures out of Miami FL, later was repositioned back to Orlando.
In 2016, The Walt Disney cruise company deployed the Magic ship in Europe. For the first time ever, Disney offered UK cruise departures (from Dover England) to ports in Baltic Sea (incl Norwegian Fjords), Iceland, UK (British Isles). Throughout 2016 summer, the ship operated in the Western Mediterranean (leaving from Barcelona). After that followed a 12-day Transatlantic repositioning to NYC for round-trip cruises to Canada (5-6-day to New England - Saint John NB and Halifax NS) and 8-9-day to Florida-Bahamas (visiting Port Canaveral, Nassau, and the private island Castaway Cay).
Disney Magic refurbishment 2015 review
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 6-weeks long 2013 drydock refurbishment in Cadiz Spain (September 7 through October 10, at Navantia's Puerto Real Shipyard) included:
- AquaDunk (new waterslide), AquaLab (interactive water play area with the Twist n’ Spout waterslide)
- Animator’s Palette restaurant (ex-Studio C) with new flat TVs, lights, walls, speakers
- new Carioca’s (Brazilian-themed restaurant replacing Parrot Cay)
- new Cabanas (replacing Topsider Buffet, hugely enlarged)
- Palo (renovations- new fixtures, glass artwork, stone floor)
- Mickey’s Mainsail (new shop)
- (Deck 3) After Hours district now with the Fathoms (disco club), Keys (piano bar, replacing Cadillac Bar) and O’Gills (Irish pub)
- expanded Senses Spa (by 725 ft2), now with Barbershop, Chill Spa and Smile Spa
- shop upgrades (Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Anna & Elsa’s Boutique)
- “It’s a Small World Nursery”, “Nephews”
- renovated and redesigned passenger rooms (elevated beds for more storage space)
- Lobby Atrium changes (2nd staircase removed, the Chihuly chandelier replaced with an Art Deco one)
- Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab changes – now with the Marvel’s Avengers Academy (the first on a Disney ship), Andy’s Room (now has the Slinky Dog slide, Mr. Potato Head and Hamm the piggy bank), also changed are the interiors of the rooms Pixie Hollow, and the Mickey Mouse Club.
- The Edge (teen club) was relocated (from deck 2 to deck 9), its area was expanded and the amenities there enhanced (new gaming stations, dance floor).
Also were conducted general maintenance of all mechanical systems, hull and interior painting, piping, propulsion system’s upgrade (reducing the fuel consumption). Over 400 contract workers were employed to do all the refurbishment jobs.
This page is integrated with CruiseMapper's Disney Cruise Line secrets, tips, and tricks.