Disney Wonder last position
Specifications of Disney Wonder
|Year built||1999 / Age: 22|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 400 million|
|Owner||The Walt Disney Company|
|Operator||Disney Cruise Line|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||83308 gt|
|Passengers||1754 - 2456|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Tinkerbell ("Peter Pan" Disney movie character)|
Disney Wonder Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2021 Apr 02||5 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$3220|
|2021 Apr 07||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2578|
|2021 Apr 18||5 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2288|
|2021 Apr 23||3 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1784|
|2021 Apr 26||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1498|
|2021 Apr 30||3 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1784|
|2021 May 03||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1938|
|2021 May 07||5 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2330|
|2021 May 12||5 days, one-way from San Diego to Vancouver||San Diego||$2512|
|2021 May 17||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$3660|
|2021 May 24||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4136|
|2021 May 31||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4318|
|2021 Jun 07||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4640|
|2021 Jun 14||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4668|
|2021 Jun 21||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4920|
|2021 Sep 17||2 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1433|
|2021 Sep 19||5 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2137|
|2021 Sep 24||2 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1413|
|2021 Sep 26||5 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2137|
|2021 Oct 08||3 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2021|
|2021 Oct 11||4 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2042|
|2021 Oct 15||3 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1991|
|2021 Oct 18||4 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1850|
|2021 Oct 22||5 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2227|
|2021 Oct 27||4 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1986|
|2021 Oct 31||5 days, round-trip Halloween On The High Seas Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2326|
|2021 Nov 19||4 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2092|
|2021 Nov 23||6 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Bahamian Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$3822|
|2021 Nov 29||4 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1916|
|2021 Dec 03||4 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1996|
|2021 Dec 07||6 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Bahamian Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2790|
|2021 Dec 13||4 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1943|
|2021 Dec 17||4 days, round-trip Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2071|
|2021 Dec 27||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2975|
|2021 Dec 31||6 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$3750|
|2022 Jan 06||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1986|
|2022 Jan 10||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1698|
|2022 Jan 14||6 days, round-trip Bahamian Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$2953|
|2022 Jan 20||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1962|
|2022 Jan 24||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1698|
|2022 Jan 28||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From Galveston||Galveston||$1962|
|2022 Feb 02||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$2567|
|2022 Feb 08||6 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$2567|
|2022 Feb 14||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$1787|
|2022 Feb 24||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$2067|
|2022 Feb 28||4 days, round-trip Western Caribbean Cruise From New Orleans||New Orleans||$2195|
|2022 Mar 18||2 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1425|
|2022 Mar 20||5 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2467|
|2022 Mar 25||5 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2227|
|2022 Apr 03||5 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2207|
|2022 Apr 08||5 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$3137|
|2022 Apr 13||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2672|
|2022 Apr 17||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2128|
|2022 Apr 21||5 days, one-way from San Diego to Vancouver||San Diego||$2624|
Disney Wonder Review
Review of Disney Wonder
History - construction and ownership
Disney Cruise Line is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company (shipowner). The company was incorporated in 1996 as "Magical Cruise Company Ltd". Walt Disney also owns the Bahamian private island Castaway Cay (exclusive port of call - for Disney ships only) and an exclusive Cruise Terminal at Port Canaveral (Orlando Florida). Disney cruises are marketed as "family vacations" and feature unique and exclusive activities, such as costumed Disney Characters, adults-only deck areas, dedicated facilities for teens, kids and infants-toddlers, signature (trademarked) shipboard facilities and activities, themed live entertainment.
The 83,308-ton, 1,750-passenger ship Disney Wonder caters mostly to families with small children, so the adults-only “quiet places” and entertainment areas are your special place to be if running and screaming little angels and devils are not your kinds of fun.
One of the best cruise ships for families with kids, the Disney ship Wonder features a classic 1930’s ocean liner design – an elongated black hull and two bright red funnels. The Disney cruise ship Disney Wonder is mostly associated with its Art Nouveau decor, Disney characters all around, “Mickeys” everywhere, amazing onboard children’s programs with age-proper activities, excellent service and really great family fun cruises for kids.
Probably the best thing about this Disney fleet mate is that the Disney Lines Wonder ship sails Alaska since 2011 - the newest Disney cruise ship destination with the best Disney deals on Alaska cruises and excursions.
The Disney ship Wonder was launched in 1999 to double company’s passenger capacity with another set of nearly thousand of some of the best equipped, largest staterooms at sea. Like all Disney ships, the Disney Cruise Line Wonder ship’s primary market is families with small kids (mostly younger than 8). Besides them, the Disney Wonder ship CLIENTELE consists also of an ever-growing number of honeymooners and travelers without kids, simply enjoying the oversized Disney ship accommodations, the adults-only areas, and all the Disney details – both on board and on Castaway Cay.
The Disney Wonder ship DRESS CODE is day resort casual (all ship areas) and evening cruise casual (no shorts-jeans-swimwear), for men pants and jackets (no ties), and summer dresses for women. One semi-formal night (the Captain’s Reception), one formal night (not mandatory; most passengers don’t participate in it) and one “Pirate Night” (people dress in pirate attire).
Disney Wonder TIPS are the US $12 PP per day (charged to passengers' onboard accounts automatically or pre-payed), given respectively to waiters $8 (dining room servers $4, assistant servers $3, head servers $1) and cabin stewards $4. Additionally, bar drinks and deck service areas have a 15% tipping added to your bill.
Cruise itinerary program
Disney Wonder itinerary program is based on 7-day Alaska cruises departing from Vancouver BC, Mexican Riviera roundtrips sailing out of San Diego CA, Western and Eastern Caribbean roundtrips from Galveston TX. Feature port destinations include the Disney Cruise Line’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Disney Wonder is also the ship that operates Panama Canal transition cruises on repositioning - before and after its Alaskan cruise program during summer for roundtrip departures from homeport Vancouver (BC Canada).
In Spring 2020, for the first time from New Orleans, Disney scheduled a total of five roundtrip itineraries on the homeported here Disney Wonder.
- The 7-day Bahamian Cruise (Feb 7-14) visits Nassau, Castaway Cay Island, Key West FL.
- The 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise (Feb 14-21) visits Mexico (Cozumel), Grand Cayman, Jamaica (Falmouth).
- The 6-day voyage (Feb 21-27) visits Cozumel and Grand Cayman.
- The 4-day voyages (Feb 27 - Mar 2, and March 2-6) visit Cozumel.
- Followed a 14-day Panama Canal repositioning to San Diego.
Most Disney Wonder staterooms are 225-260-sq. foot Balcony rooms. There are a total of 877 staterooms (of which 22 Suites, 362 Balcony rooms, 256 inside) in 21 categories. The largest aboard Disney Wonder are the Royal Suites (845 ft2, plus 185 ft2 balconies).
All Disney Wonder cabins boast sizes larger than the industry average, with the majority of them offering a separate bedroom and living room areas, a deep convertible sofa, a bunk bed (folding down from the ceiling, with safety rails, 2 beds convertible to a queen.
Additionally, Disney Wonder family cruise cabins for families of 5 have a Murphy bed (wall-mounted). Plenty of storage space (the suitcases store well under the bed), subtle maple furniture, a closet with a dresser, a desk/dressing table, a flat TV with all Disney channels, 2 portable “Wave Phones” (you can text and talk on them throughout the ship), 2 bathrooms (one with toilet-sink, one with tub-shower-sink), a hairdryer. Balcony cabins also have 2 chairs and a small table on the veranda. Standard bathroom amenities by the premium H2O Plus cosmetics (soap-shampoo-lotion, suite guests get additional offerings), Euro-top mattresses, Egyptian cotton linens, luxurious bath towels, upon request – cribs and diaper genies.
Disney Wonder suites are of 3 types (1 and 2-bedrooms), featuring dining tables, Jacuzzis, huge balconies. The Walt and Royal Suites are the Wonder ship’s biggest accommodations. In addition, suite guests can enjoy a memory foam pillow, comfortable duvets, robes, and slippers, plus the main dining room’s menu available as a room service option.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Disney Wonder ship dining experiences include the Disney Line’s rotational dining system pertaining to the ship’s 3 main restaurants (you dine each night in a different restaurant, accompanied by the same companions and waiters), with 2 dining times (6:15 and 8:15 pm, table number, and rotations are on your dining tickets). The “Animator’s Palate” room features numerous special lighting effects and animations (including the menu holograms, scenes transform from B&W sketches to full-color animated images), the “Parrot Cay” is the Caribbean-themed (a delicious seafood buffet and great salad choices) and the most formal of the three is the upscale “Triton’s” restaurant (the last two are also open for breakfast and lunch). All main dining rooms offer free drinks during dinner, a wine purchase program.
Disney Wonder food is really wondrous – all is made on the ship, quality ingredients, beautifully prepared, with “light” choices at dinner, a separate kids menu.
“Palo” is the Wonder ship’s specialty dining option – an adults-only elegant restaurant (Northern Italian (Med) cuisine), open daily for Champagne brunch and dinner (reservations are required, guests are allowed to book only 1 brunch and 1 dinner per sailing).
On Deck 9 is located the “Beach Blanket” buffet – an indoor/outdoor casual dining venue (breakfast and lunch) with salads, sandwiches, Mickey waffles, cookies, and fruits, with a made-to-order omelet station. Other excellent venues to dine casually are the “Pinocchio’s Pizzeria”, “Pluto’s Dog House” (burgers and hot dogs, chicken tenders) and the Goofy’s Galley (wrap sandwiches, a great selection of fruits, ice-cream). The Deck 9 self-serve beverage station offers free juices and sodas.
24-hour room service (Continental breakfast, soups, and salads, cheese, chicken, etc). Suite guests can order from the main restaurant's menus.
Follows the complete list of Disney Wonder restaurants and food bars.
- Triton’s Restaurant / Lumiere's (462-seat forward Dining Room, serving Breakfast and 3-course menu for Lunch; with 2 Dinner seatings 5:30 p.m.-6 p.m. and 8 p.m.-8:30 p.m.)
- Parrot Cay Restaurant / Carioca's (462-seat aft Dining Room for Breakfast and Buffet Lunch; with 2 dinner seatings/4-course menu).
- Animator’s Palate Restaurant (462- seat aft Dining Room, animator’s studio design, features favorite Disney-character dinner shows; serves complimentary drinks; Rotational Dining with two fixed Dinner seatings – at 5:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.)
- Tiana's Place (dinner-only main dining room drawing inspiration from Disney's "The Princess and the Frog.")
- Cabanas (self-service complimentary restaurant with American cuisine, pasta, sushi)
- Pinocchio’s Pizzeria (outdoor complimentary restaurant, poolside)
- Beach Blanket Buffet (indoor/outdoor fast-food eatery, complimentary
- Pluto’s Dog House (quick service fast food restaurant, complimentary)
- Goofy’s Galley (quick service outdoor fast food restaurant, complimentary)
- Palo (130-seat Italian specialty restaurant; adults-only, reservation-only; aft location; bookings via the internet or on board).
- O’Gill’s Pub (open from about noon to midnight, sports bar/Irish pub, with English decor, live music, large TVs, classic table games, full bar service, Martini Tastings).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Most of the Disney Wonder kids facilities and public rooms are located on Decks 3-4-5 and are interconnected by its 3-deck high atrium, while the Wonder ship’s 3 pools are on Decks 9 and 10. Four locations onboard offer Internet access: the teen-only “Vibe” club (Deck 11), the children-only “Edge” club (Deck 2), the “Promenade Lounge” (Deck 3, all ages, open 24-hours) and the adults-only “Cove Cafe” you can borrow a laptop from the cafe).
The Disney Lines Disney Wonder ship spa, sport, and fitness fun starts with the Deck 9’s pool area (3 age-specific swimming pools) and the 200-ft long waterslide. The “Mickey’s Pool” (aft) is kids-only, with a 385 sq. foot pool extension for not yet toilet trained kids in swim diapers). The “Goofy’s Pool” is for families (located in between the funnels, alongside the big LED screen), 2 adjacent Jacuzzis and the “Quiet Cove” (forward) is adults-only, with 2 large hot tubs, and a specialty coffee house). Deck 10 has a basketball court and a volleyball area. The “Aft Overlook” (Deck 7) is another “quite” place on the ship (unless when a wedding is officiated there by the captain).
Ship’s promenade (Deck 4) offers a walking-jogging track and lounge chairs. The Vista Spa & Salon complex offers massages, facials and treatments, and its “Tropical Rain Forest” area has a sauna and steam rooms. The Wonder ship also features 3 new spa villas for the most expensive spa services (a spa suite with its own private veranda and a Jacuzzi). The recently expanded fitness center is well equipped (Life Fitness equipment) and also has a small room for personal training sessions.
Disney characters appearances are one of the highlights of all the best Disney Wonder cruises for kids with the ever best age-specific activities at sea. The Disney Wonder kids cruise programming and the unique Disney themed entertainment are the main reasons for the Disney Wonder line’s high popularity and loyalty passengers ratio. Like all Disney ships, the Wonder has no casino on board, instead it has innovative offerings, like the “Studio Sea” (family dance parties and karaoke, scavenger hunts and funny game shows) and the “Buena Vista Theatre” (all the newest Disney company releases and the best Disney 3D movie experience). Another popular day activities for families are the basketball and karaoke tournaments and the ship tour. Some of the greatest advantages on board are the “Wave Phones” (2 per cabin, with text-messaging capabilities and ship-wide coverage).
Unique for MS Disney Wonder Alaskan kids cruise specials are the “Junior Ranger” programs (about Alaska’s wildlife, environment, etc, held in the children’s clubs, Studio Sea and in the Disney Theater) and the “Base Camp” held whenever the ship sails into Tracy Arm Fjord (all kids programs move on deck for Alaskan themed games and crafts).
All Disney ships also feature the Little Mermaid-themed “Flounder’s Reef” nursery (babies and toddlers up to 3 yo), the “Oceaneer’s Club” (3-7 yo), the “Oceaneer’s Lab” (8-12 yo), the “Edge” club (11–13 yo) and the “Vibe” club (teens ages 14-17).
Singles and couples may attend wine or martini tastings, Alaska seafood themed cooking classes and demonstrations or a sophisticated art auction. The main area for the Wonder ship’s adult-only evening entertainment is “Route 66” (located Deck 3 forward). This dance club features video dance parties, karaoke, and dancers from the crew performing skits to certain songs. Deck 3 also has its “Cadillac Lounge” piano bar and the “Diversions – the sports bar with large comfortable chairs and huge plasma TVs. The “Overlook Cafe” is a unique Disney ship venue (located upstairs from “Cove Café”) for adult guests to quietly enjoy all the amazing views during an Alaskan cruise.
The 3-decks high Walt Disney Theatre (capacity 977 most comfortable seats) boasts some of the best large production shows at sea, like “The Golden Mickeys” (with all the famous and infamous Disney characters) and “Toy Story The Musical”. Another great hit is the “Pirates in the Caribbean” deck party, beginning in the dining room (a pirate scroll menu and bandannas for all), then follows the pool-deck party – and all is on camera and on the huge LED screen (24×14 ft, located on Deck 9, the forward funnel, near the Goofy Pool). Know that the law forbids the fireworks on all Disney Wonder Alaskan cruises.
Follows the complete list of Disney Wonder lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Walt Disney Wonder Theatre (977-seat, 3-decks high; offers live shows, aerial acrobatics performances, grand-style productions, 3D movies; with two evening shows – at 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.)
- Wonder’s Atrium (3-deck high central ship area, with “The Little Mermaid”‘s Ariel bronze statue)
- Route 66/Beat Street (3 clubs' entertainment district, adults only after 9 p.m.; Cadillac Lounge, Diversions, WaveBands)
- WaveBands Lounge & Bar
- Studio Sea (kids & families entertainment)
- Diversions Pub (adults-only sports bar, with large TVs and live music)
- Mickey’s Mates (Disney brand logo shops for postcards, souvenirs, DVDs, toys, clothes, games)
- Treasure Ketch (duty-free crystal, brand jewelry, watches, precious stones, Disney merchandise, underwear, sport, and swimming apparel)
- Radar Trap (duty-free brand jewelry, perfumes, liquor, and tobaccos)
- Promenade Lounge (104-seat family venue with full bar service, specialty coffees, and drinks; with the Internet Cafe)
- Buena Vista Theatre (268-seat 4D cinema, features 3D movies, Dolby Surround 7.1 and Dolby 3D movie technology)
- Fathoms / WaveBands Lounge Disco & Nightclub (family- in the day and adults-only in the night club)
- D Lounge (family day bar and nightclub, games, dancing, shows, karaoke; full bar service)
- Keys (adult-only piano bar, live piano and vocals music, full bar service/additional charge)
- Preludes Bar (quick wait-service snacks & beverages bar)
- Shutters PhotoShop (photo packages, accessories, photographic services); Art Gallery
- Vibe Disco & Club Lounge (teens only)
- Flounder’s Reef Nursery (for 3 months to 3 yo infants and toddlers; reservations required)
- Wonder’s Oceaneer Club (kids 3-12 yo; with four play areas with themes from Disney films); Wonder’s Oceaneer Lab (play area for kids 3-12 yo)
- Vista Spa & Fitness Complex (with Treatment Salon, Thermal Bath, Sauna, Relaxation Room, Garden Area; Fitness Centre /health and wellbeing seminars; Beauty Salon)
- Vista Spa Villas (private suites with own hot tub, private verandah, Roman bed with canopy, open-air shower)
- Quiet Cove Pool (adults only pool, served by Cove Bar; with 2 Whirlpools)
- Cove Cafe (adult-only, with big TV screen; Wi-Fi spot)
- Signals Bar (adults-only bar for snacks and beverages, poolside)
- Scoops (ice cream parlor)
- Goofy’s Family Pool; Mickey’s Pool; AquaDunk Water Slide; AquaLab (kids interactive water play area)
- Quarter Masters (video games arcade)
- Edge Lounge (11-14 yo teens-only club area, with a giant video wall, interactive games, Internet)
- Outdoor LED movie-screen (24x14 feet)
- Wide World of Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, soccer); Shuffleboard, Walking/Jogging Track
- Radio Studio (live radio programs for Disney Wonder itinerary-related news and onboard events)
- Outlook Bar (retreat area with a piano and full bar; hosts weddings receptions).
Disney Wonder - user reviews and comments
Photos of Disney WonderAdd Photo
Disney Wonder ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line is still intending to restart sailings by summer 2021, despite cancelling all voyages through April 2021. The new itinerary is...January 20, 2021
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line’s second-oldest ship Disney Wonder is once again sailing back to the company's private island Castaway Cay Bahamas. Both...January 3, 2021
- Cruise Industry
The first DCL-Disney Cruise Line's ship to sail back to Port Canaveral (Orlando) Florida is now the first to return to Walt Disney Company's private...November 30, 2020
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line announced on Monday, November 23, that it is cancelling all sailings departing through the end of January 2021, as the company...November 24, 2020
- Cruise Industry
In early 2022, DCL-Disney Cruise Line returns to Hawaii and other tropical destinations with 10-night Hawaiian Islands voyages and a variety of...October 16, 2020
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line has officially suspended all sailings through October 31, 2020, and customers are still able to use the flexibility offer...September 13, 2020
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line temporarily suspended their online check-in process beginning September 1. No sailings have currently been scheduled for the...September 6, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Port Galveston TX recently hosted the Board of Trustees of the Galveston Wharves meeting and during this event, Port Director and CEO Rodger Reeves...September 5, 2020
A male Filipino crew who worked as a painter on the cruise liner Disney Wonder died on Tuesday, June 23. The ship is currently docked in Port...June 26, 2020
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line announced it is suspending more voyages due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The decision to cancel cruises had...June 8, 2020
- show more news
Other Disney Cruise Line cruise ships
Disney Wonder Wiki
The Walt Disney ship Wonder is company's second vessel, with sistership Disney Magic. They are each 40% smaller in size compared to the newer Disney ships (Dream and Fantasy). Wonder's first cruise was a Transatlantic crossing from Italy to Florida - leaving from the shipbuilding yard Marghera (Venice) to Port Canaveral (Orlando) with 2 stops - in the UK (Southampton England) and the Azores (Ponta Delgada). Liner's Godmother was Tinkerbell - a popular Disney character from the "Peter Pan" movie (1953).
Wonder has Disney's signature sleek design, black hull, two matching red funnels and yellow Disney insignias. The indoor decoration is in both Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles. Wonder is amoong industry's best family-friendly passenger ships, with numerous entertainment and dining options and regularly scheduled programs targeting not only the kids but the whole family. Families can go together to the evening stage revues, game shows or themed workshops.
On August 15, 1999, the vessel started its Caribbean cruise service with 4-night itinerary from homeport Port Canaveral (Orlando) Florida to Bahamas. The ship originally operated on 3- and 4-night Bahamas cruises, but in 2011 was relocated through Panama Canal from the Caribbean Sea to the US Pacific Coast. There, it operated on 7-day Mexico Riviera cruises leaving from Californian homeports (mainly Los Angeles, but also out of San Diego and San Francisco) to call ports Vallarta, Cabo and Baja Ensenada.
In 2012 (April through October), MS Disney Wonder became fleet's first to visit Hawaii (ports Hilo, Kahului, Honolulu). In 2012 (May through September), this was again the first Disney ship with Alaskan cruise itineraries (leaving from homeport Seattle WA) to Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, and Victoria BC (Canada).
During ship's 2016 drydock refurbishment were added AquaDunk (waterslide), AquaLab (water playground with waterslide/"Twist n’ Spout"), Dory’s Reef (kids splash zone), Mickey’s Mainsail (shop). The vessel's last drydock (for regularly scheduled maintenance works) was in 2020 (at Damen Shiprepair Yard in Brest France).
Disney Wonder refurbishment 2016 review
The ship's last drydock was in France (at Damen Shiprepair Brest) and conducted in October 2020. The project included mainly general/routine maintenance works and minor upgrades.
The list of deck plan changes after the 2016 drydock refurbishment in Cadiz Spain (September 9 through October 23) included:
- Upper decks were redesigned, adding AquaDunk (new waterslide), AquaLab (interactive water play area with the Twist n’ Spout waterslide), Dory’s Reef (splash zone for toddlers).
- Animator’s Palette restaurant (ex-Studio C) with new HDTVs, lights, walls, speakers
- new Carioca’s (Brazilian-themed restaurant replacing Parrot Cay)
- Tiana’s Place is a new restaurant named after Princess Tiana from the Disney animation “The Princess and the Frog”. The new eatery is Disney Wonder ship exclusive and features a stage for live jazz-swing-blues performances and street party style events. The themed decor includes Tiana’s family photos and framed culinary awards on the walls, water lily-shaped candleholders. The menu is influenced by southern USA cuisine (Louisiana bayou).
- new Cabanas (replacing Topsider Buffet, hugely enlarged)
- new lounge (D Lounge) is dedicated to family games and themed entertainment.
- On deck 10, Palo Restaurant was renovated (new fixtures, glass artwork, stone floor, new Venetian decor).
- Mickey’s Mainsail (new shop)
- (Deck 3) After Hours (adult district) receives Fathoms (new disco nightclub), Keys (piano bar, replacing Cadillac Bar) and O’Gills (new English pub). The new pub has an authentic tavern menu (incl selection of specialty and British beers, draft beer, cocktails), dark wood paneling, brass accents, plush leather furniture, artworks (incl scenes from Disney movies set in London).
- (Deck 4) Animator’s Palate Restaurant (dining room) was updated with two dinner shows - “Drawn to Magic” and “Animation Magic”.
- expanded Senses Spa and Salon (by 725 ft2 / 70 m2), now with Barbershop, “Chill Teen Spa” and “Smile Spa”.
- "Small World Nursery", "Nephews"
- renovated and redesigned passenger rooms (elevated beds for more storage space)
- Lobby Atrium changes (2nd staircase removed, the Chihuly chandelier replaced with an Art Deco one)
- Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab changes - now with the Marvel’s Avengers Academy (“Marvel Super Hero Academy”, the first on Disney ship), Andy’s Room (Toy Story-themed, now has the Slinky Dog slide, Mr Potato Head, Hamm the piggy bank, regular Woody and Jessie character visits, scavenger hunts), Club Disney Junior (Disney Junior characters, games, storytelling, Doc McStuffins character visits), Frozen Adventures (play and activities, via digital screen Olaf leads games and singalongs, Anna and Elsa character visits). Also changed are the interiors of the rooms Pixie Hollow and Mickey Mouse Club. The upgraded programming offers more live interactions (Disney character visits).
This page is integrated with CruiseMapper's Disney Cruise Line secrets, tips, and tricks.
Follows the ship's concise service history (former itineraries):
- [1999-2011] sailed on 3- and 4-day Bahamas cruises from Port Canaveral (Orlando) Florida
-  relocated to Los Angeles CA for round-trip departures to Mexican Riviera, Baja Ensenada, and the Hawaiian Islands. During summer, Disney Wonder operates on 7-day round-trip Alaskan cruises leaving from Vancouver BC (Canada) or Seattle WA.
- In 2016, the ship was home-ported in Galveston TX (November 14 through January 20) and in 2017 relocated back to Orlando. Galveston departures offered 8-day Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises to Key WestFL, Castaway Cay, Nassau, Mexico (Cozumel, Costa Maya), Jamaica (Falmouth), Grand Cayman.
On April 30, 2017, Disney Wonder became the world's first-ever cruise vessel that passed through Panama Canal's new set of locks.
The 2713-passenger Disney ship Wonder was on a 14-night repositioning cruise from Florida to California (Port Canaveral to San Diego). From San Diego, the ship operated several Baja Mexico itineraries before its summer Alaskan season with departures from Vancouver BC Canada. The following table shows this unique itinerary as ports of call (dates, arrival/departure times) and port sequence.
|Date / Time||Port|
|23 Apr||Departing from Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|25 Apr 09:00 - 16:00||Cozumel, Mexico|
|28 Apr 06:00 - 14:00||Cartagena, Colombia|
|29 Apr||Panama Canal|
|04 May 08:00 - 15:00||Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Riviera|
|05 May 08:00 - 15:00||Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico|
|07 May||Arriving in San Diego, California|