Moby Wonder ferry
MOBY LINES (Ferries)
Moby Wonder ferry current position
Moby Wonder ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 40.92140 N / 9.52823 E) cruising en route to Olbia. The AIS position was reported 9 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Moby Wonder ferry
|Year of build||2001 / Age: 22|
|Builder||DSME Daewoo Shipbuilding (Okpo-Geoje, South Korea)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Livorno-(Piombino)-Olbia Sardinia|
|Building cost||EUR 120 million|
|Engines (power)||Wartsila (50.4 MW / 67588 hp)|
|Speed||27 kn / 50 km/h / 31 mph|
|Length (LOA)||175 m / 574 ft|
|Beam (width)||28 m / 92 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||36093 gt|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Sister-ships||Moby Aki, Finlandia, Pascal Lota|
|Owner||Onorato Armatori SpA|
Moby Wonder ferry Review
Review of Moby Wonder ferry
MS Moby Wonder ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Italian company MOBY LINES. The ship has a max capacity of 2220 passengers and 750 cars. The vessel was launched in 2001 and currently operates on the Mediterranean (Italy-Sardinia Island) ferry routes Livorno-Olbia (crossing time 6 hours) and Piombino-Olbia (crossing time 5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Moby Wonder has a total of 320 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms (WC, shower, hairdryer). The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers).
Moby Wonder staterooms are in the following categories:
- Inside Twin (C2) 2-berth, no windows
- Outside Twin (C2E) 2-berth, porthole window
- Inside Quad (C4, C4G) 4-berth, no windows
- Outside Quad (C4E, C4EG) 4-berth, porthole window
- Outside Quad (J4E) 4-berth Junior Suite (1 double bed), porthole window
- Moby Lines staterooms categories C2G, C2EG, C4G, and C4EG are "Pet Cabins" floored with linoleum.
- Disabled cabins are not available for online booking (call Moby Lines +49 (0) 611 14020).
All cabins are located on decks 6 and 7.
The ship's Seating Lounge is equipped with large TV and reclining Pullman seats (comfortable, fully reclining armchairs). Reserved seats are available for booking both online and onboard (at the ship's Reception Desk / subject to availability).
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 1 hour prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Moby Wonder ship (classed as "Fast Cruise Ferry") offers:
- Accommodation options - passenger cabins, Seating Lounge (standard coach seats and reserved leather recliners).
- Show Lounge (fore-located) is a 3-deck high piano bar lounge with comfortable seating and stage for live performances (stand-up comedy shows, musical concerts).
- All lounges are fitted with large TVs (satellite reception).
- Dining options - Self-Service Restaurant (buffet-style restaurant, kids menu), A La Carte Restaurant (gourmet cuisine, fine wines, premium desserts), Acme Pizzeria (Looney Tunes-themed pizza bar / self-service), Cafeteria (self-service Snack Bar / patisserie / coffee shop / fast food / drinks), Gelateria (Ice-Cream Shop), Sports Bar (aft location, sport-themed bar lounge on 2 floors), Lido Bar (serving the sundeck area).
- Onboard food is prepared with locally-sourced products. The cuisine is the traditional Mediterranean. Buffet restaurant's menu always has several freshly cooked dishes.
- Video Games Room is a teen lounge with arcade machines.
- Children's World is a kids playroom equipped with toys, games, indoor climbers, full-size boat.
- Moby Shopping Center is a combined boutique and general store selling gifts and souvenirs, alcohol, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, clothing, sportswear, toiletries, electronics, toys, books, magazines.
- (deck 9) Sun Deck (Solarium) is an outdoor (open-air) topdeck area with sun loungers, a heated swimming pool (large plunge pool) and Lido Bar (poolside bar serving the sundeck area with drinks and snacks).
- Also on Sun Deck are located the ship's Navigation Bridge (forward, with adjacent officers quarters) and helipad (midship, helicopter landing platform used in cases of emergency).
- Wi-Fi and Internet are available at extra cost. Mobile phone chargers and Ipad rentals are also offered.
The ship has kennels for domestic pets. Valid health cards for pets are required. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
All Moby Line ships are equipped with CCTV cameras with image recording. Smoking anywhere inside the ship is not allowed. Throughout all Moby ferries can be found Looney Tunes characters and branding via the company's partnership with Warner Bros.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
The ship's garage consists of 4 car decks and has a total capacity of 750 vehicles. It is accessible via 3 ramp gates (2 at the stern and 1 at the bow). Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship-charterer Moby Lines (fleet, 1959-founded, headquartered in Milano Italy) is an Italian ferry company operating on shipping routes that connect mainland Italy and France with the Mediterranean islands Corsica, Elba, and Sardinia.
Moby Wonder ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Moby Wonder ferryAdd Photo
Other MOBY LINES cruise ships
Moby Wonder ferry Wiki
The liner was commissioned in July 2001 and together with the sistership Moby Freedom (now Finlandia) were deployed on the routes Italy-Corsica (Genoa-Bastia) and Italy-Sardinia (Genoa-Olbia, Civitavecchia-Olbia).
The vessel was constructed by DSME Daewoo Shipbuilding (in Okpo-Geoje, Korea), under hull/yard number 7505. The powerplant is based on 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 12V46C) with total power output 50,4 MW. The propulsion system consists of 2x driveshafts with Wartsila-made CPPs (controllable pitch propellers). The hull is ice-strengthened (1A-class).
In 2004, the ferry was drydock refurbished. During the refurbishment, the hull and superstructure were decorated with Looney Tunes characters (replacing the old blue whale). The ship's interiors were also redesigned and modified, and new venues were added - the Acme Pizzeria and 20 new cabins (taking some space from the Show Lounge).
The cruiseferry has as namesakes the cruise liners Disney Wonder (Walt Disney) and Wonder of the Seas (Royal Caribbean Iternational).