Disney Cruise Line
Disney Wonder current position
Disney Wonder current location is at North America West Coast (coordinates 50.53944 N / -126.68303 W) cruising at speed of 14.7 kn (27 km/h | 17 mph) en route to Skagway. The AIS position was reported 27 minutes ago.All Itineraries Current Position
Current itinerary of Disney Wonder
Disney Wonder current cruise is 7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea. Prices start from USD 4449 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 05 Jun, 2023 and ends on 12 Jun, 2023.
|Date / Time||Port|
|05 Jun 16:00||Departing from Vancouver, BC Canada hotels|
|08 Jun 07:15 - 20:00||Skagway, Alaska|
|09 Jun 06:45 - 16:45||Juneau, Alaska|
|10 Jun 11:15 - 19:45||Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska|
|12 Jun 08:00||Arriving in Vancouver, BC Canada hotels|
Specifications of Disney Wonder
|Year of build||1999 / Age: 24|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 400 million|
|Engines (power)||Wartsila-Sulzer (58.3 MW / 78182 hp)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 km/h / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||294 m / 965 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||84130 gt|
|Passengers||1754 - 2456|
|Decks with cabins||6|
|Christened by||Tinkerbell ("Peter Pan" Disney movie character)|
|Owner||The Walt Disney Company|
|Operator||Disney Cruise Line|
Disney Wonder Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 May 29||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$5018|
|2023 Jun 05||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$4449|
|2023 Jun 12||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$5732|
|2023 Jun 19||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$5636|
|2023 Jun 26||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$4724|
|2023 Jul 03||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$4654|
|2023 Jul 10||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$3380|
|2023 Jul 17||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$4654|
|2023 Jul 24||9 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$4381|
|2023 Aug 02||5 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$2653|
|2023 Aug 07||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$4332|
|2023 Aug 14||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$3069|
|2023 Aug 21||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$3730|
|2023 Aug 28||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$4976|
|2023 Sep 04||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$3226|
|2023 Sep 11||8 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver With Silver Anniversary At Sea||Vancouver||$3452|
|2023 Oct 03||10 days, one-way from Vancouver to Honolulu||Vancouver||$5263|
|2023 Oct 13||14 days, one-way from Honolulu to Sydney||Honolulu|
|2023 Oct 28||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$2642|
|2023 Nov 01||2 days, one-way from Sydney to Melbourne||Sydney||$4616|
|2023 Nov 03||2 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Melbourne||Melbourne|
|2023 Nov 05||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Melbourne||Melbourne|
|2023 Nov 09||3 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Melbourne||Melbourne||$5492|
|2023 Nov 12||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Melbourne||Melbourne|
|2023 Nov 16||5 days, one-way from Melbourne to Auckland||Melbourne|
|2023 Nov 21||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Auckland||Auckland||$6661|
|2023 Nov 25||3 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Auckland||Auckland|
|2023 Nov 28||3 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Auckland||Auckland|
|2023 Dec 01||3 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Auckland||Auckland|
|2023 Dec 04||4 days, one-way from Auckland to Brisbane||Auckland||$1570|
|2023 Dec 08||3 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Brisbane||Brisbane||$2104|
|2023 Dec 11||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Brisbane||Brisbane||$2717|
|2023 Dec 15||5 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Brisbane||Brisbane||$3324|
|2023 Dec 20||2 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Brisbane||Brisbane||$1526|
|2023 Dec 22||2 days, one-way from Brisbane to Sydney||Brisbane||$1563|
|2023 Dec 24||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$3049|
|2023 Dec 28||6 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$4246|
|2024 Jan 03||2 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$1541|
|2024 Jan 05||3 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$2040|
|2024 Jan 08||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$2627|
|2024 Jan 12||2 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$1422|
|2024 Jan 14||6 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$3611|
|2024 Jan 20||3 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$2076|
|2024 Jan 23||3 days, one-way from Sydney to Melbourne||Sydney||$2029|
|2024 Jan 26||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Melbourne||Melbourne||$2159|
|2024 Jan 30||3 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Melbourne||Melbourne||$1512|
|2024 Feb 02||3 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Melbourne||Melbourne||$1706|
|2024 Feb 05||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Melbourne||Melbourne||$2018|
|2024 Feb 09||3 days, one-way from Melbourne to Sydney||Melbourne||$1417|
|2024 Feb 12||4 days, round-trip Disney Magic At Sea Cruise From Sydney||Sydney||$2091|
|2024 Feb 16||14 days, one-way from Sydney to Kahului||Sydney||$6092|
|2024 Mar 01||10 days, one-way from Honolulu to Vancouver||Honolulu||$5140|
|2024 Mar 11||4 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego||Vancouver||$1787|
|2024 Mar 15||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2095|
|2024 Mar 19||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2015|
|2024 Mar 23||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$4519|
|2024 Mar 30||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2695|
|2024 Apr 03||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$2615|
|2024 Apr 07||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1887|
|2024 Apr 11||3 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1799|
|2024 Apr 14||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1919|
|2024 Apr 18||3 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1799|
|2024 Apr 21||7 days, round-trip Mexican Riviera Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$3448|
|2024 Apr 28||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1919|
|2024 May 02||3 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1799|
|2024 May 05||4 days, round-trip Baja Cruise From San Diego||San Diego||$1959|
|2024 May 09||4 days, one-way from San Diego to Vancouver||San Diego||$1839|
|2024 May 13||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$3420|
|2024 May 20||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$3464|
|2024 May 27||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$3966|
|2024 Jun 03||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4262|
|2024 Jun 10||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4484|
|2024 Jun 17||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4486|
|2024 Jun 24||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4498|
|2024 Jul 01||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4598|
|2024 Jul 08||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4610|
|2024 Jul 15||9 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$5770|
|2024 Jul 24||5 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$3216|
|2024 Jul 29||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4570|
|2024 Aug 05||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$4316|
|2024 Aug 12||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$3716|
|2024 Aug 19||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$3714|
|2024 Aug 26||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$3310|
|2024 Sep 02||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$3182|
|2024 Sep 09||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$2974|
|2024 Sep 16||7 days, round-trip Alaskan Cruise From Vancouver||Vancouver||$2960|
Disney Wonder Review
Review of Disney Wonder
The 1999-built MS Disney Wonder cruise ship is Walt Disney's second liner with sistership Disney Magic (1998).
The vessel (IMO number 9126819) is currently Bahamas-flagged (MMSI 308457000) and registered in Nassau.
History - construction and ownership
DCL-Disney Cruise Line is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company (shipowner). The company was incorporated in 1996 as "Magical Cruise Company Ltd". Walt Disney also owns the Bahamian private island Castaway Cay (exclusive port of call - for Disney ships only) and an exclusive Cruise Terminal at Port Canaveral (Orlando Florida). Disney cruises are marketed as "family vacations" and feature unique and exclusive activities, such as costumed Disney Characters, adults-only deck areas, dedicated facilities for teens, kids and infants-toddlers, signature (trademarked) shipboard facilities and activities, themed live entertainment.
The 1750-passenger ship Disney Wonder caters mostly to families with small children, so the adults-only "quiet places" and entertainment areas are your special place to be if running and screaming little angels and devils are not your kinds of fun.
One of the best cruise ships for families with kids, the Disney ship Wonder features a classic 1930's ocean liner design - an elongated black hull and two bright red funnels. The Disney cruise ship Disney Wonder is mostly associated with its Art Nouveau decor, Disney characters all around, "Mickeys" everywhere, amazing onboard children's programs with age-proper activities, excellent service and really great family fun cruises for kids.
Probably the best thing about this Disney fleet mate is that the Disney Lines Wonder ship sails Alaska since 2011 - the newest Disney cruise ship destination with the best Disney deals on Alaska cruises and excursions.
The Disney ship Wonder was launched in 1999 to double company's passenger capacity with another set of nearly thousand of some of the best equipped, largest staterooms at sea. Like all Disney ships, the Disney Cruise Line Wonder ship's primary market is families with small kids (mostly younger than 8). Besides them, the Disney Wonder ship CLIENTELE consists also of an ever-growing number of honeymooners and travelers without kids, simply enjoying the oversized Disney ship accommodations, the adults-only areas, and all the Disney details - both on board and on Castaway Cay.
The Disney Wonder ship DRESS CODE is day resort casual (all ship areas) and evening cruise casual (no shorts-jeans-swimwear), for men pants and jackets (no ties), and summer dresses for women. One semi-formal night (the Captain's Reception), one formal night (not mandatory; most passengers don't participate in it) and one "Pirate Night" (people dress in pirate attire).
Disney Wonder TIPS are the US $12 PP per day (charged to passengers' onboard accounts automatically or pre-payed), given respectively to waiters $8 (dining room servers $4, assistant servers $3, head servers $1) and cabin stewards $4. Additionally, bar drinks and deck service areas have a 15% tipping added to your bill.
Decks and Cabins
Most Disney Wonder staterooms (877 total, in 22 grades) are 225-260-ft2 Balconies. The ship has 22 Suites, 362 Balcony, 235 Oceanview and 256 Inside cabins. The largest accommodations are the Royal Suites (845 ft2 / 79 m2 plus 185 ft2 / 17 m2 terrace).
All cabins boast sizes larger than the industry average, with the majority of them offering a separate bedroom and living room areas, a deep convertible sofa, a bunk bed (folding down from the ceiling, with safety rails, 2 beds convertible to a queen.
Additionally, Disney Wonder family cruise cabins for families of 5 have a Murphy bed (wall-mounted). Plenty of storage space (the suitcases store well under the bed), subtle maple furniture, a closet with a dresser, a desk/dressing table, a smart HDTV with all Disney channels, 2 portable "Wave Phones" (you can text and talk on them throughout the ship), 2 bathrooms (one with toilet-sink, one with tub-shower-sink), a hairdryer. Balcony cabins also have 2 chairs and a small table on the veranda. Standard bathroom amenities by the premium H2O Plus cosmetics (soap-shampoo-lotion, suite guests get additional offerings), Euro-top mattresses, Egyptian cotton linens, luxurious bath towels, upon request - cribs and diaper genies.
Disney Wonder suites are of 3 types (1 and 2-bedrooms), featuring dining tables, Jacuzzis, huge balconies. The Walt and Royal Suites are the Wonder ship's biggest accommodations. In addition, suite guests can enjoy a memory foam pillow, comfortable duvets, robes, and slippers, plus the main dining room's menu available as a room service option.
The boat has 11 decks, of which 6 are with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Disney Wonder ship dining experiences include the Disney Line's rotational dining system pertaining to the ship's 3 main restaurants (you dine each night in a different restaurant, accompanied by the same companions and waiters), with 2 dining times (6:15 and 8:15 pm, table number, and rotations are on your dining tickets). The "Animator's Palate" room features numerous special lighting effects and animations (including the menu holograms, scenes transform from B&W sketches to full-color animated images), the "Parrot Cay" is Caribbean-themed (a delicious seafood buffet and great salad choices) and the most formal of the three is the upscale "Triton's" restaurant (the last two are also open for breakfast and lunch). All main dining rooms offer free drinks during dinner, a wine purchase program.
Disney Wonder food is really wondrous - all is made on the ship, quality ingredients, beautifully prepared, with "light" choices at dinner, a separate kids menu.
"Palo" is the Wonder ship's specialty dining option - an adults-only elegant restaurant (Northern Italian (Med) cuisine), open daily for Champagne brunch and dinner (reservations are required, guests are allowed to book only 1 brunch and 1 dinner per sailing).
On Deck 9 is located the "Beach Blanket" buffet - an indoor/outdoor casual dining venue (breakfast and lunch) with salads, sandwiches, Mickey waffles, cookies, and fruits, with a made-to-order omelet station. Other excellent venues to dine casually are the "Pinocchio's Pizzeria", "Pluto's Dog House" (burgers and hot dogs, chicken tenders) and the Goofy's Galley (wrap sandwiches, a great selection of fruits, ice-cream). The Deck 9 self-serve beverage station offers free juices and sodas.
24-hour room service (Continental breakfast, soups, and salads, cheese, chicken, etc). Suite guests can order from the main restaurant's menus.
Follows the complete list of Disney Wonder restaurants and food bars.
- Triton's Restaurant / Lumiere's (462-seat forward Dining Room, serving Breakfast and 3-course menu for Lunch; with 2 Dinner seatings 5:30 p.m.-6 p.m. and 8 p.m.-8:30 p.m.)
- Parrot Cay Restaurant / Carioca's (462-seat aft Dining Room for Breakfast and Buffet Lunch; with 2 dinner seatings/4-course menu).
- Animator's Palate Restaurant (462- seat aft Dining Room, animator's studio design, features favorite Disney-character dinner shows; serves complimentary drinks; Rotational Dining with two fixed Dinner seatings - at 5:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.)
- Tiana's Place (dinner-only main dining room drawing inspiration from Disney's "The Princess and the Frog.")
- Cabanas (self-service complimentary restaurant with American cuisine, pasta, sushi)
- Pinocchio's Pizzeria (outdoor complimentary restaurant, poolside)
- Beach Blanket Buffet (indoor/outdoor fast-food eatery, complimentary
- Pluto's Dog House (quick service fast food restaurant, complimentary)
- Goofy's Galley (quick service outdoor fast food restaurant, complimentary)
- Palo (130-seat Italian specialty restaurant; adults-only, reservation-only; aft location; bookings via the internet or on board).
- O'Gill's Pub (open from about noon to midnight, sports bar/Irish pub, with English decor, live music, large TVs, classic table games, full bar service, Martini Tastings).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Most of the Disney Wonder kids facilities and public rooms are located on Decks 3-4-5 and are interconnected by its 3-deck high atrium, while the Wonder ship's 3 pools are on Decks 9 and 10. Four locations onboard offer Internet access: the teen-only "Vibe" club (Deck 11), the children-only "Edge" club (Deck 2), the "Promenade Lounge" (Deck 3, all ages, open 24-hours) and the adults-only "Cove Cafe" you can borrow a laptop from the cafe).
The Disney Lines Disney Wonder ship spa, sport, and fitness fun starts with Deck 9's pool area (3 age-specific swimming pools) and the 200-ft long waterslide. The "Mickey's Pool" (aft) is kids-only, with a 385 sq. foot pool extension for not yet toilet trained kids in swim diapers). The "Goofy's Pool" is for families (located in between the funnels, alongside the big LED screen), 2 adjacent Jacuzzis and the "Quiet Cove" (forward) is adults-only, with 2 large hot tubs, and a specialty coffee house). Deck 10 has a basketball court and a volleyball area. The "Aft Overlook" (Deck 7) is another "quite" place on the ship (unless when a wedding is officiated there by the captain).
Ship's promenade (Deck 4) offers a walking-jogging track and lounge chairs. The Vista Spa & Salon complex offers massages, facials and treatments, and its "Tropical Rain Forest" area has a sauna and steam rooms. The Wonder ship also features 3 new spa villas for the most expensive spa services (a spa suite with its own private veranda and a Jacuzzi). The recently expanded fitness center is well equipped (Life Fitness equipment) and also has a small room for personal training sessions.
Disney characters appearances are one of the highlights of all the best Disney Wonder cruises for kids with the ever best age-specific activities at sea. The Disney Wonder kids cruise programming and the unique Disney-themed entertainment are the main reasons for the Disney Wonder line's high popularity and loyalty passengers ratio. Like all Disney ships, Wonder has no casino, instead, it has innovative offerings, like the "Studio Sea" (family dance parties and karaoke, scavenger hunts and funny game shows) and the "Buena Vista Theatre" (all the newest Disney company releases and the best Disney 3D movie experience). Another popular day activities for families are the basketball and karaoke tournaments and the ship tour. Some of the greatest advantages on board are the "Wave Phones" (2 per cabin, with text-messaging capabilities and ship-wide coverage).
Unique for MS Disney Wonder Alaskan kids cruise specials are the "Junior Ranger" programs (about Alaska's wildlife, environment, etc, held in the children's clubs, Studio Sea and in the Disney Theater) and the "Base Camp" held whenever the ship sails into Tracy Arm Fjord (all kids programs move on deck for Alaskan themed games and crafts).
All Disney ships also feature the Little Mermaid-themed "Flounder's Reef" nursery (babies and toddlers up to 3 yo), the "Oceaneer's Club" (3-7 yo), the "Oceaneer's Lab" (8-12 yo), the "Edge" club (11-13 yo) and the "Vibe" club (teens ages 14-17).
Singles and couples may attend wine or martini tastings, Alaska seafood-themed cooking classes and demonstrations or a sophisticated art auction. The main area for the Wonder ship's adult-only evening entertainment is "Route 66" (located Deck 3 forward). This dance club features video dance parties, karaoke, and dancers from the crew performing skits to certain songs. Deck 3 also has its "Cadillac Lounge" piano bar and the "Diversions - the sports bar with large comfortable chairs and huge plasma TVs. The "Overlook Cafe" is a unique Disney ship venue (located upstairs from "Cove Cafe") for adult guests to quietly enjoy all the amazing views during an Alaskan cruise.
The 3-decks high Walt Disney Theatre (capacity 977 most comfortable seats) boasts some of the best large production shows at sea, like "The Golden Mickeys" (with all the famous and infamous Disney characters) and "Toy Story The Musical". Another great hit is the "Pirates in the Caribbean" deck party, beginning in the dining room (a pirate scroll menu and bandannas for all), then follows the pool-deck party - and all is on camera and on the huge LED screen (24x14 ft, located on Deck 9, the forward funnel, near the Goofy Pool). Know that the law forbids the fireworks on all Disney Wonder Alaskan cruises.
Follows the complete list of Disney Wonder lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Walt Disney Wonder Theatre (977-seat, 3-decks high; offers live shows, aerial acrobatics performances, grand-style productions, 3D movies; with two evening shows - at 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.)
- Wonder's Atrium (3-deck high central ship area, with "The Little Mermaid"'s Ariel bronze statue)
- Route 66/Beat Street (3 clubs' entertainment district, adults-only after 9 pm; Cadillac Lounge, Diversions, WaveBands)
- WaveBands Lounge & Bar
- Studio Sea (kids & families entertainment)
- Diversions Pub (adults-only sports bar, with large TVs and live music)
- Mickey's Mates (Disney brand logo shops for postcards, souvenirs, DVDs, toys, clothes, games)
- Treasure Ketch (duty-free crystal, brand jewelry, watches, precious stones, Disney merchandise, underwear, sport, and swimming apparel)
- Radar Trap (duty-free brand jewelry, perfumes, liquor, and tobaccos)
- Promenade Lounge (104-seat family venue with full bar service, specialty coffees, and drinks; with the Internet Cafe)
- Buena Vista Theatre (268-seat 4D cinema, features 3D movies, Dolby Surround 7.1, and Dolby 3D movie technology)
- Fathoms / WaveBands Lounge Disco & Nightclub (family- in the day and adults-only in the nightclub)
- D Lounge (family day bar and nightclub, games, dancing, shows, karaoke; full bar service)
- Keys (adult-only piano bar, live piano and vocals music, full bar service/additional charge)
- Preludes Bar (quick wait-service snacks & beverages bar)
- Shutters PhotoShop (photo packages, accessories, photographic services); Art Gallery
- Vibe Disco & Club Lounge (teens only)
- Flounder's Reef Nursery (for 3 months to 3 yo infants and toddlers; reservations required)
- Wonder's Oceaneer Club (kids 3-12 yo; with four play areas with themes from Disney films); Wonder's Oceaneer Lab (play area for kids 3-12 yo)
- Vista Spa & Fitness Complex (with Treatment Salon, Thermal Bath, Sauna, Relaxation Room, Garden Area; Fitness Centre /health and wellbeing seminars; Beauty Salon)
- Vista Spa Villas (private suites with own hot tub, private verandah, Roman bed with canopy, open-air shower)
- Quiet Cove Pool (adults-only swimming pool, served by Cove Bar; with 2 Whirlpools)
- Cove Cafe (adult-only, with big TV screen; Wi-Fi spot)
- Signals Bar (adults-only bar for snacks and beverages, poolside)
- Scoops (ice cream parlor)
- Goofy's Family Pool; Mickey's Pool; AquaDunk Water Slide; AquaLab (kids interactive water play area)
- Quarter Masters (video games arcade)
- Edge Lounge (11-14 yo teens-only club area, with a giant video wall, interactive games, Internet)
- Outdoor LED movie-screen (24x14 feet)
- Wide World of Sports Court (basketball, volleyball, soccer); Shuffleboard, Walking/Jogging Track
- Radio Studio (live radio programs for Disney Wonder itinerary-related news and onboard events)
- Outlook Bar (retreat area with a piano and full bar; hosts weddings receptions).
Disney Wonder itinerary program is based on 7-day Alaskan voyages (departing from homeport Vancouver BC Canada), Mexican Riviera roundtrips (out of San Diego CA), Bahamas with Western-Eastern Caribbean roundtrips (from Galveston TX). Port destinations also include DCL's private Bahamian island Castaway Cay.
Wonder is also the DCL ship that operates Panama Canal transition cruises (on repositioning) before and after its Alaskan deployment during summer.
In Spring 2020, for the first time from New Orleans, DCL scheduled a total of 5x roundtrips on the homeported there Disney Wonder.
- The 7-day Bahamian Cruise (Feb 7-14) visits Nassau, Castaway Cay Island, Key West FL.
- The 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise (Feb 14-21) visits Mexico (Cozumel), Grand Cayman (George Town), Jamaica (Falmouth).
- The 6-day voyage (Feb 21-27) visits Cozumel and Grand Cayman.
- The 4-day voyages (Feb 27 - Mar 2, and March 2-6) visit Cozumel.
- Followed a 14-day Panama Canal repositioning to San Diego.
In September 2022 (at D23 Expo 2022 in Anaheim CA) DCL announced the company's inaugural season in Australia and New Zealand (Nov 2023 thru Feb 2024). Disney Wonder's 2-3-4-6-night itineraries in the region depart from 4 homeports - 3x in Australia (Brisbane QLD, Melbourne VIC, Sydney NSW) and 1x in New Zealand (Auckland NZ).
- Disney's maiden Australian voyage departs on October 28, 2023, out of Sydney.
- Most departures are from Sydney (12x), followed by Melbourne (10x). The homeporting in Brisbane and Auckland was scheduled for Nov-Dec 2023.
- Bookings for Disney's Australia and New Zealand sailings opened on Sept 26, 2022.
- Call ports included Eden (NSW AU), Hobart (Tasmania), and Noumea (Grande Terre/New Caledonia) visited on the longest sailings. Cruises to Nowhere (portless roundtrips) were offered as 2-night voyages from the Australian homeports as well as 3-night roundtrips from Auckland.
DCL's South Pacific program also included Transpacific crossings (RepositionCruises.com) from Vancouver/Alaska to Australia via Hawaii (Vancouver-Hilo-Nawiliwili-Kahului-Honolulu-American Samoa-Fiji-New Caledonia-Sydney) in 2023, and on the reverse route (Australia-Hawaii-Alaska) in 2024.
Disney Wonder - user reviews and comments
Photos of Disney WonderAdd Photo
Disney Wonder ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
First cruise ships plug into newly completed shore power expansion at Port San Diego (California...
On January 13th, 2023, two large cruise vessels plugged into the newly completed shore-power expansion at Port San Diego (California USA) passenger...January 21, 2023
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line to celebrate 25 Years with summer voyages
When DCL-Disney Cruise Line turns 25 next year, the fleet's 5 ships will host specially-themed anniversary voyages over the summer months with...December 14, 2022
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line launches itineraries to the Bahamas, Caribbean and Mexico in early 2024
Tropical destinations, onboard magic, and fan-favourite itineraries to the Bahamas, Caribbean, and Mexico await DCL-Disney Cruise Line passengers in...December 12, 2022
Fire breaks out on Disney Wonder ship due to electrical short in the speaker system
A small fire broke out onboard the Disney Wonder ship Wednesday night, November 23, due to an electrical short in the speaker system. The fire...November 25, 2022
- Cruise Industry
Port San Diego CA starts busiest cruise season (2022-23) since 2010
The new cruise season of Port San Diego (California USA) is about to set sail and is poised to be the busiest since 2009-2010, with a total of 140...September 18, 2022
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line to debut in Australia & New Zealand
DCL-Disney Cruise Line announced it is coming to Australia & New Zealand in late 2023 for the first time offering brand new itineraries created...September 13, 2022
- Cruise Industry
DCL-Disney Cruise Line to relax face mask requirements for passengers
DCL-Disney Cruise Line is the latest company to relax face mask requirements for passengers in the wake of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and...March 4, 2022
Disney Cruise Line alters October 11 itinerary on Disney Wonder due to tropical storm Pamela
DCL-Disney Cruise Line revealed it was closely monitoring the tropical depression in the Pacific Ocean that was forecasted to become Tropical Storm...October 12, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Port San Diego (California) welcomes cruise passengers back
Port San Diego (California USA) welcomed the return of cruise lines and passengers. On Friday, October 1, the DCL-Disney Cruise Line's ship Disney...October 3, 2021
- Cruise Industry
Disney Wonder departs on first test cruise from San Diego CA
As San Diego (California USA) prepares to welcome the return of ship cruising next month, DCL-Disney Cruise Line launched on Monday, September 20...September 21, 2021
- show more news
Other Disney Cruise Line cruise ships
Disney Wonder Wiki
The Walt Disney ship Wonder is the company's second vessel, with sistership Disney Magic. They are each 40% smaller in size compared to the newer Disney ships (Dream and Fantasy). Wonder's first cruise was a Transatlantic crossing from Italy to Florida - leaving from the shipbuilding yard Marghera (Venice) to Port Canaveral (Orlando) with 2 stops - in the UK (Southampton England) and the Azores (Ponta Delgada). Liner's Godmother was Tinkerbell - a popular Disney character from the "Peter Pan" movie (1953).
The vessel (Fincantieri Marghera yard/hull number 5990) is powered by Wartsila-Sulzer marine diesel engines (model 16ZAV40S) with total power output 58,25 MW. The propulsion system is diesel-electric.
Wonder has Disney's signature sleek design, black hull, two matching red funnels and yellow Disney insignias. The indoor decoration is in both Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles. Wonder is among industry's best family-friendly passenger ships, with numerous entertainment and dining options and regularly scheduled programs targeting not only the kids but the whole family. Families can go together to the evening stage revues, game shows or themed workshops.
On August 15, 1999, the vessel started its Caribbean cruise service with 4-night itinerary from homeport Port Canaveral (Orlando) Florida to Bahamas. The ship originally operated on 3- and 4-night Bahamas cruises, but in 2011 was relocated through Panama Canal from the Caribbean Sea to the US Pacific Coast. There, it operated on 7-day Mexico Riviera cruises leaving from Californian homeports (mainly Los Angeles, but also out of San Diego and San Francisco) to call ports Vallarta, Cabo and Baja Ensenada.
In 2012 (April through October), MS Disney Wonder became fleet's first to visit Hawaii (ports Hilo, Kahului, Honolulu). In 2012 (May through September), this was again the first Disney ship with Alaskan cruise itineraries (leaving from homeport Seattle WA) to Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, and Victoria BC (Canada).
During 2016 drydock refurbishment were added AquaDunk (waterslide), AquaLab (water playground with waterslide/"Twist n’ Spout"), Dory’s Reef (kids splash zone), Mickey’s Mainsail (shop). The vessel's last drydock (for regularly scheduled maintenance works) was in 2020 (at Damen Shiprepair Yard in Brest France). The next drydocking is currently scheduled for September-October 2023.
This Walt Disney ship has as namesakes the cruise liner Wonder of the Seas (Royal Caribbean International) and the cruiseferry Moby Wonder (MOBY LINES).
Disney Wonder refurbishment 2016 review
The ship's last drydock was in France (at Damen Shiprepair Brest) and conducted in October 2020. The project included mainly general/routine maintenance works and minor upgrades.
The list of deck plan changes after the 2016 drydock refurbishment in Cadiz Spain (September 9 through October 23) included:
- Upper decks were redesigned, adding AquaDunk (new waterslide), AquaLab (interactive water play area with the Twist n’ Spout waterslide), Dory’s Reef (splash zone for toddlers).
- Animator’s Palette restaurant (ex-Studio C) with new HDTVs, lights, walls, speakers
- new Carioca’s (Brazilian-themed restaurant replacing Parrot Cay)
- Tiana’s Place is a new restaurant named after Princess Tiana from the Disney animation “The Princess and the Frog”. The new eatery is Disney Wonder ship exclusive and features a stage for live jazz-swing-blues performances and street party style events. The themed decor includes Tiana’s family photos and framed culinary awards on the walls, water lily-shaped candleholders. The menu is influenced by southern USA cuisine (Louisiana bayou).
- new Cabanas (replacing Topsider Buffet, hugely enlarged)
- new lounge (D Lounge) is dedicated to family games and themed entertainment.
- On deck 10, Palo Restaurant was renovated (new fixtures, glass artwork, stone floor, new Venetian decor).
- Mickey’s Mainsail (new shop)
- (Deck 3) After Hours (adult district) receives Fathoms (new disco nightclub), Keys (piano bar, replacing Cadillac Bar) and O’Gills (new English pub). The new pub has an authentic tavern menu (incl selection of specialty and British beers, draft beer, cocktails), dark wood paneling, brass accents, plush leather furniture, artworks (incl scenes from Disney movies set in London).
- (Deck 4) Animator’s Palate Restaurant (dining room) was updated with two dinner shows - “Drawn to Magic” and “Animation Magic”.
- expanded Senses Spa and Salon (by 725 ft2 / 70 m2), now with Barbershop, “Chill Teen Spa” and “Smile Spa”.
- "Small World Nursery", "Nephews"
- renovated and redesigned passenger rooms (elevated beds for more storage space)
- Lobby Atrium changes (2nd staircase removed, the Chihuly chandelier replaced with an Art Deco one)
Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab changes - now with the Marvel’s Avengers Academy (“Marvel Super Hero Academy”, the first on Disney ship), Andy’s Room (Toy Story-themed, now has the Slinky Dog slide, Mr Potato Head, Hamm the piggy bank, regular Woody and Jessie character visits, scavenger hunts), Club Disney Junior (Disney Junior characters, games, storytelling, Doc McStuffins character visits), Frozen Adventures (play and activities, via digital screen Olaf leads games and singalongs, Anna and Elsa character visits). Also changed are the interiors of the rooms Pixie Hollow and Mickey Mouse Club. The upgraded programming offers more live interactions (Disney character visits).
This page is integrated with CruiseMapper's Disney Cruise Line secrets, tips, and tricks.
Follows the ship's concise service history (former itineraries):
- [1999-2011] sailed on 3- and 4-day Bahamas cruises from Port Canaveral (Orlando) Florida
-  relocated to Los Angeles CA for round-trip departures to Mexican Riviera, Baja Ensenada, and the Hawaiian Islands. During summer, Disney Wonder operates on 7-day round-trip Alaskan cruises leaving from Vancouver BC (Canada) or Seattle WA.
- In 2016, the ship was home-ported in Galveston TX (November 14 through January 20) and in 2017 relocated back to Orlando. Galveston departures offered 8-day Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises to Key WestFL, Castaway Cay, Nassau, Mexico (Cozumel, Costa Maya), Jamaica (Falmouth), Grand Cayman.
On April 30, 2017, Disney Wonder became the world's first-ever cruise vessel that passed through Panama Canal's new locks.
The 2713-passenger Disney ship Wonder was on a 14-night repositioning cruise from Florida to California (Port Canaveral to San Diego). From San Diego, the ship operated several Baja Mexico itineraries before its summer Alaskan season with departures from Vancouver BC Canada.