The Carnival Spirit cruise ship sailed through Sydney Heads Monday morning, June 25, after a 2-week drydock refurbishment in Singapore. Passengers onboard the 19-day voyage back to Sydney were among the first to experience the new features added to the onboard experience of the vessel after its dry dock.
Carnival invested around 350,000 manhours into the refurbishment, boasting new additions to Spirit’s family-friendly entertainment.
Highlights following Carnival Spirit’s dry dock include:
- New creative studio "SoulPlay", that is launched specifically for Australian guests of all ages. This family-friendly space hosts creative art and crafts activities.
- The Warehouse video arcade, which boasts with the latest arcade games appealing to tweens and teens.
- Re-designed retail experience including state-of-the-art duty-free shopping, featuring sought-after brands like Clinique, Lacoste, Quay Australia, Seafolly, Swarovski, Swatch.
- Pixels Digital Photo Gallery allowing guests to view and buy their photos through their smartphones or on the iPads at the upgraded kiosk.
- Updated Fitness Centre now offering the latest in cardio fitness equipment.