Disney Cruise Line revealed its Thanksgiving and Christmastime celebrations. Beginning early November, the cruise line has a number of festivities for guests who sail on their 4 ships.
On Christmas morning at the atrium's Christmas tree, there will be a musical performance. A traditional Christmas dinner will be prepared that night in the main dining rooms. Special Christmas services will be held on Christmas Day, with a midnight mass on Christmas Eve. Hanukkah services will be offered each day from December 2 through 10. When the cruise ships stop in Castaway Cay, the celebration will continue on shore with “snow flurries,” Christmas tree, holiday island music, meet-and-greets. Christmas Events include:
- Mickey’s Tree-Lighting Magic held in the atrium on the first night of the trip, where Disney characters lead carols and lighting of the 3-deck-tall tree.
- Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball in ship's atrium, where Disney guests welcome Santa and Mrs.Claus with a grand celebration. A special pair of royal sisters join the party for a flurry of “frozen” fun.
- Dickens-inspired carolers sing holiday classics, sometimes with the help of Disney friends. Kids have the chance to join the carolers for a special farewell show.
- Youth holiday crafts like making Christmas cards, creating holiday animation cells, decorating stockings and gingerbread men cookies.
- Family holiday activities including meeting Santa Claus and building gingerbread houses.
- “Deck the Deck Holiday Party,” tropical celebration with games like limbo under oversized candy canes and hula hooping, along with dances for the family like “Yuletide Slide” and conga line around the pool.
- Holiday edition of Disney's farewell celebration on the final night of cruise, featuring Disney characters and ship’s crew in grand musical finale led by Mickey Mouse.
For Thanksgiving, passengers enjoy a traditional feast. Mickey and Minnie will visit dressed in Thanksgiving attire. Also during the special cruises, NFL football games will be broadcast live on the jumbo LED screens on ship's lido deck. Itineraries include:
- Disney Magic – 4-, 5-, and 7night Bahamian voyages, 5- and 6-night eastern Caribbean voyages, and 5-night western Caribbean voyages departing November 10-December 23.
- Disney Wonder – 4-, 6-, and 7-night western Caribbean voyages and 7-night Bahamian voyages departing November 2-December 21.
- Disney Dream – 3- and 4-night Bahamian voyages departing November 9-December 24.
- Disney Fantasy – 7-night Eastern & Western Caribbean voyages departing November 10-December 22.