Princess Cruises revealed its newly enhanced beverage menus, that feature globally inspired signature cocktails created by master mixologist Rob Floyd. Destination-specific ingredients have been selected to tantalize passengers’ taste buds with flavors from all corners of the world, thus introducing one of the most significant beverage changes in company's history.
In addition to these new cocktails, the Princess added 20 new exotic and high-end spirits, 39 wines by the glass, and 17 international and craft beers to the menu.
Highlights of the new offerings include an array of signature cocktails by Floyd, who used destination inspiration and fresh ingredients to develop a portfolio of new beverages for Princess Cruises. Lounges and bars throughout the vessels will also offer new, themed menus, so travelers can have fun exploring the various offerings at the different bars onboard.
According to Floyd, spectacular beverages combine the best of “The Three T’s”, with the first and foremost being “Taste,” as interesting ingredient combinations create delicious flavors. The 2nd element, “Technique,” refers to the craft and skill that goes into creating each of the drinks. And last but not least is “Tale”, creative inspiration behind each creative cocktail.
Initial offerings include:
- Amaretto Manhattan: Disaronno, Bulleit Bourbon, Angostura orange bitters, sweet vermouth
- A Trip to the Tropics: apricot liqueur, Absolut Elyx vodka, orange juice, pomegranate juice, pineapple juice
- East Side Punch: Absolut Elyx vodka, cucumber, fresh mint, lime juice, club soda, simple syrup
- Italian Sunset: Bombay Sapphire gin, Aperol, lemon juice, Angostura bitters, simple syrup
- Ivory Coast: Amarula African liqueur, Grey Goose vodka, Kahlua, chocolate shavings
- Mayan Heat: Triple Sec, Patron Silver tequila, agave syrup, lime juice, muddled jalapeno
- Mint Divine: ginger beer, Bombay Sapphire gin, lime juice, cucumber, fresh mint, simple syrup
- Princess Punch: Absolut Elyx vodka, fresh lime, St George raspberry liqueur, Gosling’s ginger beer, simple syrup
- The Egyptian Zombie: Gosling’s Dark rum, Bacardi Superior rum, blackberry brandy, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice, sweet and sour
- Ver-Jus: St-Germain, St George “Terroir” gin, muddled green grapes, simple syrup, lemon juice.
“Zero-proof cocktails” without alcohol are rounding out the new Princess drinks. These fruity, refreshing and light drinks skimp on alcohol, but miss none of flavor:
- Strawberries on Fire: with fresh strawberries, agave syrup, lime juice, jalapeno, soda;
- Zero Mojito: with fresh mint, lime, Sprite, simple syrup.
The new beverage offerings will be available onboard all ships of the line in fall 2018.
In addition to the new wines by the glass, the Princess Cruises company worked with Doug Frost, who is one of only 4 people in the world to hold both prestigious ranks of Master of Wine and Master Sommelier to refresh the onboard wine menus.
Princess Cruises also revealed a thirst-quenching deal with Sip & Sail promotion, which offers complimentary beverages for all balcony, mini-suite, suite bookings.
All prices are per person and are based on double occupancy. Princess' Sip & Sail cruise deal runs through September 5, and is available to residents of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and Puerto Rico, who are 21 years of age or older.