Luxury cruise line Cunard announced culturally-rich onboard programming for its 2019 cruises as the legendary brand sails back to Alaska to offer company's iconic experience in ‘The Last Frontier.’
Cunard's Queen Elizabeth offers four 10-night roundtrip Alaska cruises from Vancouver departing May 21 & 31, June 10 & 20, 2019 with ports of call including Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, Victoria and Skagway. Highlights include scenic cruising through the Inside Passage, Hubbard Glacier and Tracy Arm Fjord.
Cunard’s Alaska Insights programming includes:
- Dr.Rachel Cartwright, award-winning naturalist with twenty years’ experience in Alaska;
- Alaska Native Voices and members of Huna Tinglet tribe;
- LaDonna Rose Gundersen, cookbook author and commercial fisherwoman.
Other festivities onboard Cunard's Queen Elizabeth during her Alaska voyages include:
- Dedicated in-room entertainment, including documentary series “The Ketchikan Story”, Emmy Award-winner;
- Hot cocoa and complimentary blankets on deck;
- Live bridge commentary.
Cunard Line also offers Rocky Mountaineer rail tours pre-/post-voyage in Alaska, that include either 3- or 5-nights’ accommodation and 2 full days aboard the train.