CMV-Cruise and Maritime Voyages is offering value-added specials on a couple of Treasures of the Sea of Cortez voyages for Christmas and New Year's.
Passengers can sail from Mexico’s Puerto Penasco, Rocky Point and benefit from a complimentary cabin category upgrade on holidays cruises departing on December 18 or 29 when booked by June 21, 2019. The offer features up to US$900 savings per person double occupancy when booking De Luxe Double Ocean View category, and just paying for Premium Twin Ocean View cabin category.
The 12-day soft expedition cruise program is part of the line’s new “Voyages of Exploration” collection. Guests on CMV’s Treasures of the Sea of Cortez sail round-trip from Puerto Penasco to ports in Sonora, Sinaloa, and Baja California Sur, such as Puerto Topolobampo, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, La Paz, Loreto, Santa Rosalia, Guaymas. The novel itinerary offers Arizonians the chance to embark on a voyage from their closest port, located a few hours’ drive from Tucson and Phoenix.
Highlights of the journey include:
- In Puerto Penasco, passengers can visit El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve, walk the Malecon for shopping and restaurants, visit the Tequila Factory, and ride an ATV
- They can also visit the 450-year old town of El Fuerte, explore the mansion - the home of heroic figure Don Diego de la Vega or "El Zorro”, or just lay on the beaches of Topolobampo.
- Travelers can explore the outdoors in the resort town of Cabo San Lucas, go zip-lining, swim, dive, snorkel, ride horses on the beach, or see the rock formations of “El Arco”
- In Loreto, they can go on “cave paintings and petroglyphs” experience as well as discover the colonial influences of the town, Mexican heritage, fresh local foods.
- In Santa Rosalia, passengers can watch Pacific grey whales migrate to the breeding and birthing grounds.