Silversea Cruises announced a first in the ultra-luxury cruise segment: fly-cruise service to Antarctica in business-class comfort, which is part of the largest Antarctica offering in the history of the company.
Named "Antarctica Bridge", the brand new service provides guests with the most direct and fastest route to the White Continent. Departing from December 2021, Silversea's collection of twelve fly-cruise voyages onboard Silver Explorer will further enhance the line’s all-inclusive Polar offering.
Hosted by representatives of Silversea and offering the business-class luxury, the flight will take just 2 hours each way, meaning vacationers will avoid approximately 4 days at sea on the return trip. An in-flight entertainment programme, including Zodiac and IAATO briefings, will be entirely tailored for Antarctic expeditions to prepare passengers for the adventure ahead. Travellers will spend 5 full days (the same amount as on Silversea’s conventional Antarctica cruises) travelling into the destination, accompanied by a team of expedition experts.
Unlocking Antarctica in just 9 nights for time-conscious cruisers, the Antarctica Bridge itineraries are expected to comprise:
- Day 1: International flight (inbound), via Santiago.
- Day 2: Pre-cruise hotel stay in Punta Arenas.
- Day 3: Flight to Antarctica's King George Island.
- Days 3-9: Antarctica Expedition onboard Silver Explorer.
- Day 9: Flight Antarctica-Punta Arenas. A post-cruise hotel stay in Punta Arenas.
- Day 10: International flight (outbound).
On Silver Explorer, as on all cruise ships of Silversea, travellers will benefit from the company’s luxury accommodations and trademark level of service. Enlarged to fourteen members for the 2021-2022 cruise season, Silversea’s Expedition Team is expected to enrich guests’ travels with lectures, workshops, kayak tours, tours on the enlarged fleet of 14 Zodiacs, and shore experiences.
Silversea’s Fly-Cruise offering includes:
- Economy class air to Punta Arenas (roundtrip)
- Private flight to/from King George Island (Antarctica)
- A night pre-cruise/post-cruise hotel stay in Punta Arenas
- Expedition gear (waterproof trousers, walking poles, parka, rubber boots, expedition backpack, water bottle)
- Welcome reception and bon voyage dinner (in Punta Arenas)
- Pre-/post-cruise meals
- Airport-hotel transfers, luggage handling, when passengers take international air via Silversea
- The cruise line’s standard expedition inclusions, comprising enrichment lectures; guided Zodiac tours and shore activities, led by the Expedition Team; butler service for all suites; and additional amenities.