Barbuda Island is located in the Eastern Caribbean, and forms part of the twin-island country Antigua and Barbuda. The island covers a total area of approx 161 km2 (62 ml2) and has population under 2,000. Most of the inhabitants (around 1,000) live in the capital (largest) city of Codrington.
- Barbuda lies north of Antigua, in the middle of Leeward Islands. To the south are Montserrat and Guadeloupe islands, and to the west and north-west are St Kitts, St Barts, St Martin and Nevis.
- Barbuda Island is mostly coral limestone with very little topographical variation. Its "highlands" area (on the eastern side) consisyes of hills rising up to 38 m (125 ft). Still, most of the island's territory is very flat, with a lot of lagoons found in the northwestern corner.
- The island is home to Frigate Bird Sanctuary, located in Codrington Lagoon. Other notable points of interest include the Indian Cave (containing ancient Amerindian petroglyphs) and Highland House (18th-century home of Codrington family).
- The climate and geography of Barbuda Island is conducive to tourism. Many travellers are attracted by the beaches of the island. Major activities include snorkeling, swimming, fishing, caving and a bird sanctuary. Just a couple of operating resorts are situated on Barbuda, and the rest are abandoned due to difficult infrastructure, poor management and hurricane damage.
- The Antiguan racer is among the world's rarest snakes. The Lesser Antilles home 4 species of racers, of which all have undergone range reductions: at least 2 subspecies are extinct and another one, A.antiguae, currently occupies only 0,1% of its historical range.
- Ameiva griswoldi (griswold's ameiva) is a species of lizard in Ameiva genus, endemic to Antigua and Barbuda and found on both islands.
Barbuda Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Barbuda Island dock (anchor) at Codrington - port town (only settlement) on the western coast. However, for many ships this port of call is mostly a "beach day" stop over, that includes anchoring near the coast and passengers tendered ashore and back via the ship's tender boats.
Port Barbuda Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Barbuda Island. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|25 November, 2018|
|Wind Surf||08:00||15:00||Roseau, Dominica|
The Barbuda Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Barbuda Island.
If you lose the Barbuda Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.