Carriacou Island is one of the Grenadine Islands in southeastern Caribbean Sea. The island is located northeast of Grenada and South America's north coast. The island covers a total area of approx 34 km2 (13 ml2) and has population around 8,000.
- The name of the islands is derived from the language Kayryouacou. Carriacou is the largest of Grenadines islands.
- The capital city Hillsborough is also the island's only town as Carriacou's other settlements are small villages. A fun fact is that there are over 100 rum shops on the island.
- Carriacou Island is a popular tourist destination for Grenadians. Its most popular beaches are named Anse La Roche and Paradise Beach.
- The island's most popular dance is the Big Drum dance, performed on special occasions.
- Carriacou is reputed to be the healthiest, safest and friendliest Caribbean island. It is also known as the "Isle of Reefs" being surrounded by some of the region's most unspoiled coral reefs.
- Most diving locations are on its Caribbean side. It is calmer and has 33 dive sites all suitable for various levels of scuba divers. Depths range between 12-30 m (39-98 ft). Visibility is good all year round, with superb opportunities for underwater photography.
- Carriacou Island diving boasts an array of schooling fish and vibrant corals that have made the whole Caribbean a popular diving vacation destination. The island also has two wreck dive sites: the Boris and Westsider tug boats, both 30 m (98 ft) long, sunk as artificial wrecks for divers.
- As well as all the common Caribbean reef fish, barracudas, large nurse sharks, stingrays and spotted eagle rays, green turtles and hawksbill are frequently sighted. Humpback whales migrate past Carriacou during late spring. Their songs can be heard from a long way off by scuba divers.
Highlights: Deserted islet, snorkelling
Carriacou Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Carriacou Island Grenada dock (anchor) at Hillsborough - port town on the western coast. As this is a tender port, cruise ships anchor in Hillsborough Bay and their passengers are transported to the pier via the ship's tender boats.
Port Carriacou Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Carriacou Island, Hillsborough, Grenadines. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|1 January, 2019|
|Le Champlain||07:00||12:00||Union Island, Grenadines|
The Carriacou Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Carriacou Island, Hillsborough, Grenadines.
If you lose the Carriacou Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.