Isle of Muck is the smallest of the 4 main "Small Isles" - part of Scotland's Inner Hebrides islands, Muck Island covers a total area of approx 6 km2 (2 ml2) and has population under 50. Most of the residents live close to the harbour at Port Mor.
- Isle of Muck measures roughly 4 km (2,5 ml) east to west. Beside Port Mor, the island's other settlement is Gallanach. Both are linked via a road (island's only one) with length approx 2,5 km (1,6 ml).
- The highest elevation point (Beinn Airein) is 137 m (449 ft). The island is a popular wildlife travel destination, mainly for its seals and porpoises (aka mereswines) found in the surrounding sea waters.
- In 2011, Muck's entire population was just 27 people. The island has no church, post office or shop, but has a hotel (named "Gallanach Lodge") plus other holiday accommodations.
- The island's main landowner is the MacEwen family (since 1896).
- The Caledonian MacBrayne ferry ship MV Lochnevis operates on a circular itinerary route leaving roundtrip from Mallaig (Lochaber, west coast Highlands / mainland Scotland.) and visiting the islands Eigg, Canna, Muck and Rum.
Highlights: Port Mor, Beaches
Isle of Muck cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Muck Island dock (anchor) at Port Mor - harbour port town on the southeastern coast.
The Isle of Muck cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Isle of Muck, Port Mor, Scotland.
If you lose the Isle of Muck location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Isle of Muck cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Isle of Muck, Port Mor, Scotland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 September, 2017
5 September, 2017