Karimunjawa Islands (Crimon Java Islands or Kepulauan Karimunjawa in Indonesian) is an archipelago of 27 islands located in Java Sea, Indonesia, approx 80 km (49,7 ml) northwest of Jepara. The islands cover a total area of approx 71,2 km2 (27,5 ml2) and has a population of around 9,000 people (2011 census), living on 5 of the islands.
- The name of the islands in Javanese means 'a stone's throw from Java'. The main island is Karimun (2,7 km2/1,04 ml2), while the 2nd-largest island is Kemujan (1,4 km2/0,54 ml2). In 1988 the islands were declared a national park.
- The population of Karimunjawa Islands is largely Javanese, with Madurese and Bugis inhabitants. Javanese culture dominates on the islands that are the only isles off Java where Javanese is lingua franca.
- In 2011, 22 of the islands have been declared as a marine reserve, Karimunjava National Park. 5 more islands are either under the control of Indonesian Navy, or privately owned.
- Apart from their use as a pirate base, Karimunjawa Islands are considered to have been uninhabited until penal settlement was founded during Java's British occupation in the early 17th century. Chinese ceramics' archeological finds on the seabed close to the islands that date back from around 13th century suggest that Karimunjawa were once part of the trade route to Java.
- The major source of income for the locals is fishing, followed by commerce and services. Travel from Java to the islands is often limited during rainy season around January–March period as bad weather can bring huge waves to the area.
- A number of snorkeling spots are available on Karimunjawa Islands. There is pressure on local resources due to the rapidly expanding tourism industry.
Karimunjawa Islands cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Karimunjawa Islands dock (anchor) at Semarang, on the north coast of the island of Java.
Karimunjawa Islands tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
Kura Kura Resort
The Karimunjawa Islands cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Karimunjawa Islands, Kura Kura Resort, Indonesia.
If you lose the Karimunjawa Islands location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Karimunjawa Islands cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Karimunjawa Islands, Kura Kura Resort, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
13 May, 2017