Holland's Keukenhof Gardens (aka "Kitchen Garden") is one of the world's largest flower gardens. The garden park is located in Lisse (Netherlands) and covers a total area of 32 hectares (79 acres / 0,32 km2 / 0,12 ml2). Every year, approx 7 million flower bulbs are planted in Keukenhof.
- The Keukenhof Garden is in South Holland, and located southwest of Amsterdam and south of Haarlem. The park is accessible by bus from Leiden, Schiphol and Haarlem train stations.
- The Garden is open annually from mid-March through mid-May. The "tulip time" themed cruises are around mid April.
- The park is on hunting grounds dating back to the 15th century. It was a source of herbs for the Countess Jacqueline of Hainaut's castle. This is the source of the name "Keukenhof" - providing herbs for the castle's kitchen. After the death of the Countess, rich merchants occupied the grounds.
- In the 19th century, Baron and Baroness Van Pallandt entrusted the landscape architect Jan David Zocher together with his son Louis Paul Zocher, who had worked on Vondelpark, to design the grounds around the castle.
- The Keukenhof Garden was established in 1949 by the mayor of Lisse. The idea was to present flower exhibit where growers could gather from all over Europe to show off their hybrids.
- Keukenhof features a variety of garden styles. For example, its English Garden has winding paths and unanticipated see-through points. The Japanese Garden is non traditional, in a natural environment. The Nature Garden is a water garden where perennials and shrubs are mixed with bulbous plants. The Historical Harden is enclosed and there guests can see a lot of old types of bulbs.
- Keukenhof Gardens don't have the long fields of tulips visitors may expect. However, tulip fields are found outside the Gardens, and most are privately owned.
Highlights: Spring Bulb Gardens
The Keukenhof Gardens cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Keukenhof Gardens, Holland.
If you lose the Keukenhof Gardens location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Keukenhof Gardens cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Keukenhof Gardens, Holland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 April, 2018
2 April, 2018
7 April, 2018
8 April, 2018
9 April, 2018
11 April, 2018
12 April, 2018
14 April, 2018
15 April, 2018
16 April, 2018
18 April, 2018
19 April, 2018
21 April, 2018
22 April, 2018
23 April, 2018
25 April, 2018
26 April, 2018
28 April, 2018
29 April, 2018
30 April, 2018