Keukenhof ("Kitchen garden"), also popular as Garden of Europe, is one of the largest flower gardens in the world. It is located in Lisse, the Netherlands. Approximately 7M flower bulbs are planted every year in Keukenhof Gardens. The park covers an area of 32 ha (79 acres).
- Keukenhof Gardens are situated in the small town of Lisse, South Holland, southwest of Amsterdam and south of Haarlem. The park is accessible by bus from Leiden, Schiphol and Haarlem train stations. It is located in the "Dune and Bulb Region" (Duin-en Bollenstreek) area.
- Keukenhof Gardens is open annually from mid-March until mid-May. The best time to see the tulips is around the middle of April, depending on the weather.
- The park is situated on hunting grounds dating back to the 15th century. It was a source of herbs for the Countess of Hainaut's castle, Jacqueline, which is the source of "Keukenhof" name (it provided herbs for the kitchen of the castle). After the death of the Countess rich merchants occupied the grounds.
- In the 19th century, Baron and Baroness Van Pallandt entrusted the landscape architect Jan David Zocher together with his son Louis Paul Zocher, who had worked on Vondelpark, to design the grounds located around the castle.
- Keukenhof Gardens were established in 1949 by the mayor of Lisse with the idea to present flower exhibit where growers could gather from all over Europe and the Netherlands to show off their hybrids.
- Keukenhof Gardens feature a variety of garden styles. For example, its English landscape garden has winding paths and unanticipated see-through points. The Japanese country garden is non traditional, in a natural environment. The nature garden boasts a water garden where perennials and shrubs are mixed with bulbous plants. The historical garden is enclosed and there guests can see a lot of old types of bulbs.
- Keukenhof Gardens do not contain the long fields of tulips visitors may expect. However, tulip fields are found outside the Garden (most of which are privately owned).
Highlights: Spring Bulb Gardens
The Keukenhof Gardens cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Keukenhof Gardens, Holland.
If you lose the Keukenhof Gardens location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Keukenhof Gardens cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Keukenhof Gardens, Holland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
1 April, 2018
2 April, 2018
7 April, 2018
8 April, 2018
9 April, 2018
11 April, 2018
12 April, 2018
14 April, 2018
15 April, 2018
16 April, 2018
18 April, 2018
19 April, 2018
21 April, 2018
22 April, 2018
23 April, 2018
25 April, 2018
26 April, 2018
28 April, 2018
29 April, 2018
30 April, 2018