Kyle of Lochalsh ("strait of the foaming loch") is a village located on the northwest coast of Scotland. The village has a population of around 740 people.
- Kyle of Lochalsh is situated at the Loch Alsh's entrance, opposite Kyleakin village on the Isle of Skye, 100 km (63 ml) west of Inverness. In 1995, a ferry that used to connect the villages was replaced by Skye Bridge, about 1 mile (2 km) to the west.
- Kyle of Lochalsh is the shopping and transport centre for the region as well as featuring a harbour, marina with pontoons for visitors. The surrounding scenery and unique wildlife are regarded as attractions of Kyle of Lochalsh, as is the slow pace of life. Crofting pursuits, such as salmon farming, are among the activities taking place in the village.
- The railway station of Kyle of Lochalsh is connected to Inverness by Kyle of Lochalsh railway line, constructed in 1897 in order to improve public transport to north-western Scotland. The line ends on water's edge, close to the site where ferry connection used to run.
- The control centre of Royal Naval BUTEC submarine range has its base in Kyle of Lochalsh.
- In 1980, BBC did the series of documentaries "Great Railway Journeys Of The World" and Kyle of Lochalsh appeared in the episode "Confessions of a Trainspotter", by Michael Palin. He travelled by a variety of trains from London to Kyle of Lochalsh and his humour is evident throughout the documentary.
- Along with nearby Plockton, Kyle of Lochalsh became the backdrop to BBC drama series "Hamish MacBeth".
Highlights: Brochs of Glenelg, Mam Ratagan Pass, Eilean Donan Castle
The Kyle of Lochalsh cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Kyle of Lochalsh, Scotland.
If you lose the Kyle of Lochalsh location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Kyle of Lochalsh cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kyle of Lochalsh, Scotland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
10 May, 2017
31 May, 2017