Les Anses-d'Arlet is a port town and commune located in the overseas department of Martinique, France. The town covers a total area of approx 25,92 km2 (10,01 ml2) and has a population of around 4,000 people (2013 census).
- Les Anses-d'Arlet (plural only) received their name from the former head called Caribbean Arlet, who possessed the entire region for quite a long time, especially the land which led to the 2 handles: the great located at the entrance to Fort- de-France bay, the small, located further south, accessed via the Diamond. Among them lies the village.
- Caribbean brothers, Driver and Arlet, abandoned their land and property at the beginning of colonization, for settlers north of Martinique, in order to take refuge in the South, after a treaty was signed between them. Arlet settled in the area to which gave his name.
- Again, Arlet abandoned land to the French and retreated even further south and in 1665 Jesuits settled there. They did not stay long and left place to the Capuchins. The region of the island was gradually inhabited and people took care of the chapels for use of missionaries.
- The first chapel in Les Anses d'Arlet was dedicated to Saint Anthony of Padua, baptism was celebrated by Father Simon in 1671. The chapel was later replaced by a church (1673). Major repairs were undertaken by the financial care of "parishioners" in 1687. The church was destroyed during 1762-1763 by the English and everything was burnt. It took several years until the locals were able to rebuild homes and take care for the religious buildings. The church was rebuilt with the help of Henri Larcher, a wealthy local resident. In honour of Larcher, it was placed under patronage of Saint Henri. There was no church in this part of the island until 1676 and services were made by visiting priests (Capuchin, Dominicans, Jesuits).
- Eight years later, the couple of towns were built in different parishes but continued to have common serving for many years. Under a decree published on June 12, 1837, with the approval of the board, the Governor Mackau divided Martinique into twenty communes. Thus was established the town which includes Les Anses-d'Arlet South, the place where the mayor lived, Diamond and Sainte-Luce. The settlement was administered by a mayor, 3 deputies and 9 board members.
The Les Anses d'Arlet cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Les Anses d'Arlet, Martinique.
If you lose the Les Anses d'Arlet location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Les Anses d'Arlet cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Les Anses d'Arlet, Martinique. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
6 December, 2017
10 December, 2017
26 December, 2017
28 December, 2017