Les Anses-d'Arlet is a port town in the overseas territory of Martinique (France). The town covers a total area of approx 26 km2 (10 mi2) and has population around 4,000. The other cruise ports in Martinique are Fort-de-France and Le Marin.
IMPORTANT: Since January 2020, all cruise ship passengers booked on roundtrip itineraries from US ports (including San Juan Puerto Rico) that visit Martinique ports need for boarding passport books (not passport cards or birth certificates). Passport books are required for both adults and minors and must be valid for at least 6 months after the voyage ends.
The brothers Driver and Arlet abandoned their land to the French and retreated south. In 1665 their territory was taken by Jesuits, who didn't stay long. The region was gradually inhabited and people took care of the chapels for use of missionaries. The first chapel was dedicated to St Anthony of Padua and in 1673 replaced by a church. The church was destroyed in 1762-63 by the British, and everything else was burnt to the ground. It took several years until the locals rebuilt their homes and the religious buildings. In 1771, two towns were built. Under a decree issued in June 1837, Martinique was divided into 20 communes. Then was established the town which includes Les Anses-d'Arlet, Diamond and Sainte-Luce.