Lome is a port town located on the Gulf of Benin, opening the doorway to the interior of Africa. The town covers a total area of approx 90 km2 (30 ml2) and has a population of around 837,440 people according to 2010 census (metro 1,477,660).
- Lome is the capital of Togo, a country which is just 370 miles long and sixty miles across at its widest point. Famous as the "pearl of West Africa," the town offers a colourful look into the history of Africa, and welcomes tourists to its culturally diverse peoples, who come from nearly 40 different ethnic groups.
- After 1897 Lome grew as the capital of German Togoland, as well as a port exporting raw materials. The town passed to Anglo-French (1914-1922) and French control (1922-1960), before in 1960 becoming the capital of independent Togo.
- Cruisers will be able to witness a Voodoo Ceremony or browse in Fetish Market for talismans and trinkets in this intriguing African port. Other notable landmarks in Lome include Lome Grand Market, Togo National Museum in Palais de Congres, Lome Cathedral, the former wharf and nice beaches.
- Lome is a typical African city featuring a wealth of many different styles, traditions and influences. The landscape combines red earth, large squares, grand boulevards, colourful houses and green gardens.
- There are remnants of colonial architecture, such as arcades, galleries and Cathedral of the Sacred Heart which is designed in German Gothic style. Lome also has many modern buildings, including the headquarters of BCEAO, BTCI, the edifice of ECOWAS, Palm Beach Hotel, Hotel Mercure Sarakawa, Hotel de la Paix and the popular Hotel du 2 Fevrier, rising up to 102 m (335 ft).
Highlights: Lake Togo, Voodoo
Port Lome cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Lome, Togo. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|13 December, 2018|
|Seven Seas Explorer||09:00||18:00||Santo Antonio, Principe Island|
The Lome cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Lome, Togo.
If you lose the Lome location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.