Philadelphia is a Delaware River cruise port in Pennsylvania USA. The city has population around 1,57 million (metro over 6 million), ranking it the Pennsylvania state's largest and USA's 7th largest (as metro area). The city is located in the Delaware Valley region (Northeastern USA) and at the confluence of two rivers - Delaware and Schuylkill.
In Philadelphia are headquartered seven of all "Fortune 1000" listed US companies. The city's total metro gross product is Around USD 347 billion (statistics 2010), ranking it USA's 7th largest metro economy.
- The city's main economic sectors are info technologies, biotechnology, manufacturing, oil refining, food processing, health care, finances, insurance and tourism. Of those, finances are the metropolis' largest sector. The city is also among USA's largest health education and research centers.
- Here are also based Philadelphia Stock Exchange, Comcast (internet provider), insurance companies (Colonial Penn, CIGNA, Independence Blue Cross), Sunoco (petroleum and petrochemical manufacturer), Aramark Corporation (food service provider), chemical companies (Rohm & Haas, FMC), GlaxoSmithKline (pharmaceutical), Boeing Military Aircraft (US aircraft manufacturer), Pep Boys (auto parts retailer).
- The city's largest private employers are University of Pennsylvania and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia attracts over 3,5 million (mainly domestic) tourists annually with its Independence National Historical Park. The park includes popular historical sites, such as Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall). The city's largest park (Fairmount Park) includes the Philadelphia Zoo. When combined with the adjacent Wissahickon Valley Park, both parks form one of USA's largest contiguous urban park zones.
- The city is also very popular as food travel destination, featuring traditional German and Italian dishes - like hoagies, scrapple, soft pretzels, water ice, Irish potato candy, Tastykake, cheesesteak. Among the most famous restaurants are Pat's King of Steaks, Geno's Steaks, Iron Chef (by Masaharu Morimoto), Vetri (Italian), Lacroix, McGillin's Olde Ale House (tavern).
- Reading Terminal Market is an enclosed food market hosting over 100 local merchants selling here Dutch specialties, gourmet cheese, prime meat, locally grown groceries, ethnic foods.
- Philadelphia allows small amounts of marijuana, making the city USA's largest to decriminalize cannabis.
Highlights: Liberty bell, Independence Hall
Philadelphia cruise terminal
Next photo shows the pier where cruise ships dock in Philadelphia (Center City area, near the skyscrapers One Liberty Place and Comcast Center).
The Philadelphia cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
If you lose the Philadelphia location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Philadelphia cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
17 May, 2018