Pulau Ambon Island is part of Maluku Islands of Indonesia. The island covers a total area of approx 775 km2 (299 ml2) and has a population of around 441,000 people (2010 census).
- The island is mountainous, fertile and well watered. Ambon Island consists of 2 territories. Its main city and seaport is Ambon, which is also the capital of Maluku Tengah and Maluku province.
- Ambon Island is situated off the southwest coast of much larger Seram island. It lies on the north side of Banda Sea, part of chain of volcanic islands which encircle the sea. It is 51 km (32 ml) long and of very irregular shape.
- Wawani, at 1,100 m (3,600 ft) and Salahutu, at 1,225 m (4,019 ft), are the highest mountains. They have solfataras and hot springs. The mountains are actually volcanoes. The mountains of neighboring Lease Islands are now extinct volcanoes.
- The chief crops include cassava and sago, while other also include sugarcane, coffee, cocoa, breadfruit, cotton and pepper. In addition to these, fishing and hunting supplement the local food. Copra is also exported. Cloves and nutmeg were once dominant export crops but are currently produced in limited quantities. Amboina wood, which is obtained from angsana tree and is highly valued for ornamental woodwork, is today mostly grown on Seram.
- Pulau Ambon Island's economy was boosted by the investment by Ciputra Group in order to create a whole new satellite city (Citraland Bay View City) in Lateri, Kotamadya Ambon, Maluku. Furthermore, Ambon City Center, an international standard shopping center, opened in 2012.
- Ambon has its own airport and is home to Open University and Pattimura University, state universities, and several private universities, including Darussalam University (UNDAR) and Universitas Kristen Indonesia Maluku (UKIM).
Pulau Ambon Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Pulau Ambon Island dock (anchor) at Ambon - port town on the southern coast.
Port Pulau Ambon Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pulau Ambon Island, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|13 April, 2018|
|Seabourn Sojourn||08:00||18:00||Pulau Ternate Island, Maluku, Indonesia|
The Pulau Ambon Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Ambon Island, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pulau Ambon Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.