Pulau Flores Island is one of Lesser Sunda Islands, a group of islands located in the eastern half of Indonesia. The island covers a total area of approx 13,540 km2 (5,230 ml2) and has a population of around 1,831,000 people (2010 census).
- The largest town on Flores Island is Maumere. The name of the island is derived from the Portuguese word for "flowers".
- Flores lies east of Komodo and Sumbawa and west of Alor Archipelago and Lembata. Timor is to the southeast. To the south, across Sumba Strait, lies Sumba Island and beyond Flores Sea, to the north, is Sulawesi.
- Among all isles containing Indonesian territory, the island of Flores is the 10th most populous and also the 10th largest island of Indonesia.
- Flores' west coast is one of the few sites, aside from Komodo Island itself, where Komodo dragon is found in the wild. It is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Komodo National Park. Kelimutu National Park is the 2nd national park designated on the island of Flores to preserve endangered species.
- The most popular tourist attraction in Flores is its 1,639-metre (5,377-ft) Kelimutu volcano, containing 3 colored lakes, situated in Ende district near the town of Moni, though travellers can visit Inierie vulcano close to Bajawa town. The crater lakes in the caldera of a volcano are fed by volcanic gas source, which results in highly acidic water. These colored lakes change colors on irregular basis, depending on lake's oxidation state from red through green and blue.
- Diving and snorkelling locations are found along the north coast of the island, most notably Riung and Maumere. However, because of the destructive practice of fishermen using bombs to fish, as well as locals selling shells to visitors, combined with the effects of a devastating tsunami (1992), the reefs have been destroyed.
- In addition to tourism, the major economic activities on the island include seaweed production, agriculture and fishing. Flores is among the newest Indonesian coffee's origins. Previously, most Coffea arabica (Arabica coffee) from Flores Island was blended with other origins but currently, demand is growing for this kind of coffee due to its heavy body and sweet floral, woody and chocolate notes.
Highlights: The Holy City, Mt Ile Mandiri
Pulau Flores Island cruise terminal
Most cruise ships to Flores Island Indonesia dock at the Larantuka Dock (on the island's eastern coast).
The Pulau Flores Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Flores Island, Larantuka, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pulau Flores Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Pulau Flores Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pulau Flores Island, Larantuka, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
30 September, 2017