Weh Island (Pulo Weh or Pulau Weh; by the local population ordinarily referred to just as "Sabang", which is the name of the biggest city) is a little active volcanic island located to the northwest of Sumatra, 45 min by fast regular ship (2 hours via a ferry from mainland, Banda Aceh).
- Pulau Weh Island was originally linked with Sumatran mainland and after volcano's last eruption during Pleistocene era became separated by sea. The island is located in Andaman Sea. Sabang, the largest city on the island, is Indonesia's northernmost outpost.
- The island is famous for its ecosystem. Indonesian government declared 60 km2 (23 ml2) of inland and sea around Pulau Weh Island as wildlife protection area.
- Scientists discovered a rare megamouth shark species on shore. The island of Weh is the only habitat for threatened toad, Duttaphrynus valhallae (former Bufo valhallae). Coral reef areas, spread around the island, are popular for their large fish species' variety.
- Pulau Weh Island is quite small and some beaches are visited in one day only via rental vehicles, as there is no public transport here. Anoi Itam Beach boasts with its black sandy beach. It is situated a 30-minute drive from Balohan Port. For a small fee, travellers can enter Anoi Itam Resort and enjoy its beautiful scenery.
- Gapang Beach lies 27 km (17 ml) from Sabang. It offers modest accommodations and culinary stalls, as well as a dive resort. Iboih Beach, which is 5 km (3 ml) from Gapang, is the busiest in Weh Island and cheaper than Gapang Beach. It is only 150 m (492 ft) long, yet is considered the paradise for backpackers due to Rubiah Island which is directly offshore.
Highlights: Sabang, Glorious beaches, Diving
Pulau Weh Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Palau Weh Island Indonesia dock (anchor) at Sabang - port city on the northern coast.
The Pulau Weh Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Pulau Weh Island, Sabang, Indonesia.
If you lose the Pulau Weh Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Pulau Weh Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Pulau Weh Island, Sabang, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
27 March, 2017