Red Wing is a port city located along upper Mississippi River in Goodhue County, Minnesota, United States. The city covers a total area of approx 106,68 km2 (41,19 ml2) and has a population of around 16,460 people (2010 census).
- Red Wing is Goodhue County's county seat. It is home to the manufacturers of products that are nationally known, such as Red Wing Shoes, Red Wing Stoneware, Riedell Ice and Roller Skates. The eastern terminus of Cannon Valley Trail is in Red Wing. Treasure Island Resort and Casino is operated by nearby Prairie Island Indian Reservation.
- In 2008 the National Trust for Historic Preservation included Red Wing in its distinctive destinations list, adding 12 communities per year nationwide. The city of Red Wing was added due to its "impressive architecture and enviable natural environment."
- Red Wing Bridge (officially named Eisenhower Bridge) links Red Wing with Wisconsin. It carries U.S. Route 63 over Mississippi and its backwaters.
- This city of Red Wing was named after Red Wing (Shakea), early 19th-century Dakota Sioux chief, who was one of a Mdewakanton Dakota chiefs' succession whose name came from their use of dyed swan's wing as a symbol of rank. Shakea was an ally of British soldiers during 1812 war. He declared neutrality after a vision about the Americans driving out British. French Canadians called him L'Aile Rouge. He later took the name Shakea ("The Man Who Paints Himself Red") after passing the Red Wing name on to a successor chief.
- In 1889 the federal government established Mdewakanton Sioux Indian reservation along the Mississippi River in order to free up land for new settlers. Red Wing city developed around it. The reservation is famous as Prairie Island Indian Community.
Highlights: Historic main street, Red Wing Shoe Company
Port Red Wing cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Red Wing, Minnesota. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
The Red Wing cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Red Wing, Minnesota.
If you lose the Red Wing location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.