Semarang is the administrative capital and commercial port of Central Java, located on the north coast of the island of Java. The city covers a total area of approx 373,78 km2 (144,32 ml2) and has a population of around 1,556,000 people (2010 census).
- Semarang is divided into 2 areas. The Old Town (Outstad/Kota Lama) is nearest the water between the canals. The newer suburbs sprawl out over Candi's southern hills. The Old Town features Dutch style homes and buildings along Jalan Permuda, the main road.
- In 1920, the Indonesian Communist Party was established in Semarang, under the influence of a Dutch colonist. At the end of World War II, 2,000 of the men were killed in a battle against the Allied Forces. In 1945 Indonesia gained its independence.
- More a business centre than a tourist city, Semarang does have crumbling fortress walls, historic sites, Chinese temples and mosques. Semarang is also the perfect gateway to the mountainous Central Java, Yogyakarta, Gedung Songo temples and 97 km (60 ml) away from renowned Borobudur Temple.
- Gereja Blenduk is a unique copper-domed church created in 1753. Chinatown is a maze of shops and alleys with Tay Kak Sie Temple at its centre. Other places of interest include Puri Maerakoco (a park with models of traditional Javanese homes), Mangkang Zoo, Ronggowarsito Museum and Sam Po Kong Temple. Remember to visit Ambara Railway Museum which includes 21 German, Swiss and Dutch locomotives built between 1891-1928.
- Like Singapore River, Semarang constructed Semarang River at Garang River (Banjir Kanal Barat) close to Karangayu Bridge. In medio The project was finished in 2013 with unique river gardens, water activities, art and sport sites.
Highlights: Borobodur Temple, Yogyakarta, Gedung Songo temples
Semarang cruise terminal
Cruise ships dock at Semarang harbour, Tanjung Emas (2,4 km/1,5 ml from the city centre). Local rules don't permit shuttle buses so the only exploring options are an excursion tour or one of the many taxis.
Port Semarang cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Semarang, Java, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|1 April, 2018|
|Seabourn Sojourn||07:00||17:00||Surabaya, Java, Indonesia|
The Semarang cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Semarang, Java, Indonesia.
If you lose the Semarang location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.