Semarang is a commercial port and city on central Java Island (Indonesia), located on the island's northern coast. The city has population around 1,56 million (metro around 3,2 million).
- The city is divided into 2 areas - Old Town (Outstad/Kota Lama) is nearest the sea and between the canals, while newer suburbs sprawl out over Candi's southern hills.
- In 1920, here was established Indonesia's Communist Party. After WW2 (1939-1945), in 1945 Indonesia gained its independence.
- More a business centre than tourist city, Semarang features fortress walls, historic Dutch buildings, Chinese temples, mosques. The city is gateway to Central Java, Yogyakarta, Gedung Songo temples and approx 97 km (60 ml) from the renowned Borobudur (9th century Buddhist temple).
- Gereja Blenduk is an unique copper-domed church built in 1753. Chinatown is a maze of shops and alleys with Tay Kak Sie Temple at its centre. Other popular tourist attractions include Puri Maerakoco (park with models of traditional for Java houses), Mangkang Zoo, Ronggowarsito Museum, Sam Po Kong Temple, Ambara Railway Museum (includes 21 German, Swiss and Dutch made locomotives built between 1891-1928).
- Like Singapore River, Semarang constructed Semarang River at Garang River (Banjir Kanal Barat) close to Karangayu Bridge. The project was finished in 2013 with unique river gardens, water activities, art and sport sites.
Highlights: Borobodur Temple, Yogyakarta, Gedung Songo temples
Semarang cruise terminal
Cruise ships dock at Semarang harbour, Tanjung Emas (2,4 km/1,5 ml from the city centre). Local rules don't permit shuttle buses so the only exploring options are an excursion tour or one of the many taxis.
Port Semarang cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Semarang, Java, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|19 October, 2018|
The Semarang cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Semarang, Java, Indonesia.
If you lose the Semarang location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.