Trabzon is a port city located on the Black Sea coast, northeastern Turkey. The city covers a total area of approx 188,85 km2 (72,92 ml2) and has a population of around 312,000 people (2012 census).
- Trabzon is the capital city of Trabzon Province. It lies on the historical Silk Road and became a melting pot of languages, religions and culture for centuries as well as a trade gateway to Persia in the southeast and Caucasus to the northeast.
- During the medieval period the Genoese and Venetian merchants paid visits to Trebizond and sold linen, silk and woolen fabric. Genoa had a major merchant colony established within the city named "Leonkastron" which played a role similar to the one Galata had played to Constantinople.
- In its long history Trabzon formed the fundamental of several states and was the capital of the Empire of Trebizond (1204-1461). During early modern period, due to the importance of its port, it became a focal point of trade to the Caucasus and Iran.
- As of 1920, port Trabzon, was reckoned by the British "the most important of the Turkish Black Sea ports". It traded as far as Mosul and Tabriz. In 1911, the Central Bank of Republic of Turkey signed an agreement for developing a harbor at the port. A mole was built when the Russians occupied Trabzon. They constructed a breakwater and created an extended pier, making loading/unloading much more easier. In 1920, the city of Trabzon produced silver filagree, linen cloth and small amounts of silk, wool and cotton. Hazelnuts and tobacco were exported.
- Trabzon features a number of tourist sites, some of which date back to the times of ancient empires that existed in the region. Within city limits, tourists can find a hub of stalls, restaurants and shops, surrounding Meydan, a square in the city center, which includes a tea garden.
Port Trabzon cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Trabzon, Turkey. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|27 July, 2020|
The Trabzon cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Trabzon, Turkey.
If you lose the Trabzon location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.