Traena is a municipality situated in Nordland county, Norway, part of Helgeland traditional region. It covers a total area of approx 16,32 km2 (6,30 ml2) and has a population of around 490 people (2011 census).
- Municipality's administrative centre is the island of Husoya. Husoya Island is situated just east of Sanna Island in Traenfjorden, about 20 km (12 ml) northwest of Lovund and 12 km (7.5 ml) south of Selvaer.
- The municipality of Traena was established on January 1, 1872 when it was separated from the Luroy municipality. Initially, Traena had only 290 residents. The municipal borders haven't changed since that time.
- The municipality is named after Traena island group. The name is probably derived from number þrír translated to "three" and then referring to 3 peaks on the island. The name was historically spelled "Trænen".
- The islands of Traena have been the site of several archeological discoveries, which indicate that the isle has been populated since the Stone Age.
- The Church of Norway features one parish (sokn) within Traena municipality. It is part of Nord-Helgeland deanery in the Diocese of Sor-Halogaland.
- The Traena Lighthouse lies south of the isle. Husoya Island is only accessible by boat. There is regular ferry service from Husoya to the island of Selvaer and to Stokkvagen on mainland.
- Fishing is Traena's economic mainstay. Each year Traena plays hosts a music festival named Traena Music Festival.
Highlights: Sanna Island, 1000 islands, islets and skerries
Traena cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Traena Island dock (anchor) either at Selvaer Island, or at Stokkvagen on mainland.
The Traena cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Traena, Husoya Island, Norway.
If you lose the Traena location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Traena cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Traena, Husoya Island, Norway. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
16 May, 2017