Ulsan is a port city, the 7th largest metropolis in South Korea. The city covers a total area of approx 1,057 km2 (408 ml2) and has a population of around 1,163,690 people (2014 census).
- On the east, the city of Ulsan is bounded by Sea of Japan (East Sea). The city of Busan is 70 km (43,5 ml) to the south.
- Ulsan city is South Korea's industrial powerhouse, forming the heart of Ulsan Industrial District - home to the largest automobile assembly plant in the world operated by Hyundai Motor Company, the largest shipyard in the world operated by Hyundai Heavy Industries and the 2nd largest oil refinery in the world, owned by SK Energy. Ulsan had GDP per capita of US$79,623 in 2012, the highest of any South Korean region.
- Part of Ulsan City is the The Bangeojin shipbuilding port. Owned by Hyundai Corporation, Bangeojin is the largest shipbuilding yard in the world.
- As the only Korean whale museum, Jangsaengpo whale museum displays, collects and maintains whailing-related artifacts, that have been disappearing since whailing was prohibited in 1986. It also offers various information related to marine ecosystems and whales and is a space for research, experience and education. Tourists can enjoy ride on whale cruise out of Jangsaengpo port.
- Ulsan Grand Park is the best ecology park in Korea's downtown area, boasting a huge area of 3,640,000 m2 (39,180,634 ft2). Taehwagang River Grand Park (bamboo grove), is one of the twelve scenic beauties of Ulsan. It was restored and the bamboo grove and the river are now connected.
- Ulsan boasts beautiful beaches (Ilsan, Jinha) and great view of Daewangam Park featuring lush hundred-year-old pine forest. Ganjeolgot cape tops the list of the best-known sunrise sites, where the sun rises first on Korean peninsula. Sunrise festival is held on New Year's Day.
Highlights: Shrines, tombs, castles, palace ruins
Port Ulsan cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Ulsan, Gyeongju, South Korea. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|17 May, 2018|
|Caledonian Sky||Hagi, Japan|
The Ulsan cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Ulsan, Gyeongju, South Korea.
If you lose the Ulsan location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.