MS Spitsbergen cabins and suites review at CruiseMapper provides detailed information on cruise accommodations, including floor plans, photos, room types and categories, cabin sizes, furniture details and included by Hurtigruten en-suite amenities and services.
The MS Spitsbergen cruise ship cabins page is conveniently interlinked with its deck plans showing deck layouts combined with a legend and review of all onboard venues.
Balcony Owners Suite
|Cabin size:||355 ft2 / 33 m2|
|Location (on decks):||aft on deck 6|
|Type (categories):||(MX) Expedition Owners Suite with Balcony|
Balcony Grand Suite
|Cabin size:||315 ft2 / 29 m2|
|Location (on decks):||aft on deck 6|
|Type (categories):||(MG) Expedition Grand Suite with Balcony|
|Cabin size:||170-250 ft2 / 16-23 m2|
|Location (on decks):||4|
|Type (categories):||(Q2-double, Q3-triple, Q4-quad) Expedition Mini Suite with Window|
Arctic Superior Cabin
|Staterooms number:||10 (QJ), 1 (YA), 7 (P), 16 (U)|
|Cabin size:||QJ (150-195 ft2 / 14-18 m2), YA (195 ft2 / 18 m2), P (150-160 ft2 / 14-15 m2), U (120-150 ft2 / 11-14 m2)|
|Location (on decks):||YA-QJ (deck 6), P-U (decks 6, 7)|
|Type (categories):||(P, U, YA-QJ-obstructed) Arctic Superior Outside / oceanview staterooms|
Polar Outside Cabin
|Staterooms number:||15 (O), 18 (A, AJ, J)|
|Cabin size:||O (140-150 ft2 / 13-14 m2), A (95-140 ft2 / 9-13 m2), AJ (95 ft2 / 9 m2), J (120-130 ft2 / 11-12 m2)|
|Location (on decks):||O-A (4), AJ (6), J (6, 7)|
|Type (categories):||(O2-A2-AJ2-double, J3-obstructed triple) Polar Outside / Oceanview Staterooms|
Polar Inside Cabin
|Staterooms number:||22 (I), 8 (K)|
|Cabin size:||I (95-150 ft2 / 9-14 m2), K (160-215 ft2 / 15-20 m2)|
|Location (on decks):||I (deck 4), K ( decks 4, 6, 7)|
|Type (categories):||(I2D-KD2-double, KD4-quad) Polar Inside / interior staterooms|
MS Spitsbergen cabins review
Standard amenities offered in each of the MS Spitsbergen cabins include Queen-size double bed (convertible to twins, under-bed storage for suitcases), bedside cabinets, wall-mounted reading lamps, LED ceiling lights, mirrored vanity table (writing desk) with armchair, low table with lounge chairs (some have 2-seater sofa), wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), coffee/tea making facility (kettle, tray with packed coffee and teas), phone (intercom), smart HDTV (satellite reception, infotainment system, wall-mounted), mini-bar (refrigerator), carpet flooring, individually controlled air-conditioning, en-suite bathroom (WC / wall-mounted toilet, glass shower, single-sink vanity, magnifying mirror, towels, bathrobes, hairdryer), 220V power outlets, USB ports.
Follows the review of MS Spitsbergen staterooms as amenities, furniture and complimentary services:
- Expedition Suites are in two grades. The largest cabins are the two “MG” Grand Suites, each with a spacious aft-looking balcony. These are 2-room suites with private balconies, a separate sitting area (sofa, chair, cocktail table), queen beds, bathroom with bathtub/shower. To the other suite-grade belong the six “M” Suites – each with a private balcony, separate lounge area, double beds, bathrooms with shower.
- In the group of Arctic Superior outside staterooms are the cabin categories QJ, P and U. Each of them has a Picture Window, twin beds a sofa bed, table with chairs. Some have upper/lower beds.
- The Polar Outside cabins are in categories O, N, L and J. They have Porthole Windows, single and sofa beds (some with upper/lower beds).
- The Polar Inside (category “I”) rooms are all with single beds and sofa beds. Some are with additional upper/lower beds.
- Categories L, J and QJ outside staterooms are with obstructed views (limited or none).
- Cabin balconies are furnished with deckchairs and low tables.
Room service is offered twice daily. Cabins 614 and 632 are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for passengers with disabilities) but also available for general booking.
By default, all cabins are with double beds and twin bed configurations must be requested in advance (upon booking). Triple and quad cabins are with Murphy Beds and Pullman Beds (upper bunk, wall-mounted). You can see stateroom furniture details on Hurtigruten Spitsbergen cabin plans and photos in the above table.
Suites’ mini-bars are complimentary (stocked with bottled water, soda, alcohol, candy bars; snacks).
MS Spitsbergen cabin and suite plans are property of Hurtigruten . All floor plans are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.