Review of Mein Schiff 4 deck 4 (Seestern)
- Theater (balcony /upper level 2 of 3).
- Sturmfrei is the Teens Lounge with video gaming consoles, foosball table, dance floor, and activities like cooking classes, teen parties, karaoke, watching movies, etc.
- The Playground area has Spielplatz (video console games) and Internet corner (with 2 online stations). Internet access is complimentary for Suite-guests only. Wi-Fi is available shipwide, but costs extra (prices are per minute, for 1 hour or for 3 hours).
- “Meerleben – Entdecken & Erleben” (Sea Life – Explore & Experience) is the world’s first ever maritime museum at sea. It is operated via partnership with the Hamburg’s “International Maritime Museum”. The project is supported by BMBF (Ministry of Education & Research), DFG (German Research Foundation), GEOMAR (Helmholtz Centre /Ocean Research), SECORE Foundation, Hamburg University, Bremen University and also by private companies. The 3230 ft2 / 300 m2 sealife museum has an interactive exhibition, and also shows how the marine world is being explored (reefs, wildlife, wrecks, marine technology). The place has also an Interactive Bridge (ship info), Sea Cinema (nature films), Researchers Table (research marine vessels).
- Atelier (Workshop) is an art studio for painters.
- Klanghaus (Sound House, capacity 300 seats) has concert hall that simulates acoustics and hosts events, such as opera and cabaret performances, classical concerts, chamber music, jazz, theatrical readings and comedies, lectures and media presentations. This is the first ever chamber music room at sea (with an ACS /Acoustic Control System). The Klanghaus doubles as indoor cinema (with surround sound system). The sound house’s moving seats allow this venue to be quickly transformed into a ballroom for dancing. The Mein Schiff 4 ship has as part of its staff ensemble members from DSO-Berlin (Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester).
- The Neuer Wall shopping arcades span on 2 decks (4 and 5). Various luxury boutique shops here sell duty-free merchandise, such as accessories, brand fashion clothing, luxury perfumes and jewelry, tax-free tobaccos and liquor, TUI Cruises logo items.
- Konferenzraume (Conference rooms) host private and corporate meetings, workshops and conferences at sea.
- TUI Bar offers specialty cocktails and a variety of drinks. Many of the menu items are at surcharge, but most of the cocktails are cruise price inclusive.
- Landausfluge is the TUI Cruises’ Shore Excursions Desk (land tours booking, packages, information, excursions reservations).
- “Atlantik Brasserie” (portside location, named “Atlantik Eurasia” on TUI Schiff 3) is the ship’s second dining room restaurant. It offers gourmet French cuisine specialties, plus a la carte menu and healthy menu choices. The Brasserie restaurant (capacity 265 seats) is complimentary and open for Breakfast (8-10 am), Lunch (12-2 pm) and Dinner (6-9:30 pm).
- “Atlantik Mediterran” (starboard location) is the Mediterranean cuisine themed dining room restaurant (capacity 266 seats, complimentary). The Mediterran restaurant is open for Breakfast (7:30-10am), Lunch (12-2pm) and Dinner (6-9:30pm /waiter service). Some items in the a la carte menu are marked as “family meals” (ask the wait staff for more information).
- Coffee Lounge (aft location patisserie) is part of the Grosse Freiheit’s lower level, and offers specialty coffees/teas, pastries, fine chocolates.
TUI schiff einkaufsbummel (onboard shopping)