Mein Schiff 4 Review and Specifications
Specifications of Mein Schiff 4
|Year built||2015 / Age : 4|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland)|
|Building cost||EUR 500 million (USD 620 million)|
|Owner||TUI AG and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||293 m / 961 ft|
|Beam (width)||35 m / 115 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||99500 gt|
|Passengers||2506 - 2700|
|Decks with cabins||12|
|Christened by||Franziska van As|
Review of Mein Schiff 4
TUI Mein Schiff 4 cruise ship is owned by TUI Cruises and built by Meyer Turku Shipyard (Finland). TUI Schiff 4 has all 5 sister ships (from the same series) – Schiff 3 (2014), Schiff 5 (2016), Schiff 6 (2017), Schiff 1 (2018) and Schiff 2 (2019).
History - construction and ownership
TUI Cruises is a Germany-based Joint venture cruise company of TUI Group (British-German travel and tourism corporation) and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd - US passenger shipping company). TUI started operations in 2009, targeting predominantly the German-speaking market with a premium travel vacation product. German is the main onboard language on all TUI Schiffs (ships). TUI's sister-brand is Marella Cruises (UK source market).
For the most part, the 99,500-ton, 2,506-passenger Mein Schiff 4 is a copy of the sistership Schiff 3. Schiff 4 is the 2nd TUI liner of company's “wellness ships”, with a modern marine design provided by CM Design, Tillberg, and Wilson Butler Architects. Four more identical design ships were built in Finland (between 2016-2018), all with new-generation, environmentally-friendly engines and energy-saving power plants. All ships in this series feature around 80% German passenger content.
TUI Mein Schiff 4 cruise deals are ticket-price inclusive of:
- 24-hour food and snacks on the ship
- over 100 brand beverages and cocktails (excepting premium brand alcohol)
- facilities and entertainment for children and teens
- complimentary access to SPA's sauna area
- complimentary Gym and wellness courses
- onboard entertainment (shows, concerts, theatrical and musical performances)
- gratuities (all onboard tips).
Cruise itinerary program
On May 14, 2015, Mein Schiff 4 entered its first homeport Kiel (Germany). Ship's winter itinerary program was based on roundtrips to the Canary Islands, Morocco and Maderia from homeport Gran Canaria. The summer season offered roundtrips in Northern out of Kiel.
Currently, the ship offers to reposition through Suez Canal (Europe-Asia-Europe) and between Mediterranean-Baltic.
- The 7-day Dubai roundtrips visit Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and UAE (Abu Dhabi), with Dubai pre- and post-cruise overnights. Also offered are 14-day B2Bs (back-to-back cruises). In 2019, a special 14-day cruise from Dubai visits India (Mormugao, Cochin, Mumbai).
- Germany roundtrips (from Kiel) visit Baltic Sea ports in Norway (Norwegian Fjords, Spitzbergen), Scandinavia and Russia, Iceland.
- In the Mediterranean, Schiff 4 cruises from Palma de Mallorca (Majorca Island, Spain) to large-city ports in France, Spain, Portugal, Canary Islands, Morocco (North Africa).
TUI Mein Schiff 4 offers a total of 89 Suites, 957 Balcony staterooms (that are 80% of all rooms), 97 Oceanview rooms and 123 Interior cabins. The number of cabin categories is 23. Mein Schiff 4 also has 6 wheelchair accessible cabins, all located on Deck 3, with wider entry and bathroom doors, emergency phone, special handrails and location close to the passenger lifts. Bonus services for all Suite cabin categories include free Internet access, Xbox gaming console, complimentary mini-bar, concierge service, priority services, in-room dining, exclusive Suites-only access to ship's X-Lounge and private sundeck.
All Schiff 4 staterooms offer as standard amenities 2 single beds (1 double bed), bedside cabinets (with drawers and reading lamp), sofabed (or 1-2 Pullman beds), flat TV (satellite reception, infotainment system with on-demand movies, Internet, ship info channel), direct dial phone, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), minibar, Nespresso coffee machine (2 capsules are included per day), water carafe with glasses, mirrored dressing table (writing desk) with chair, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, single-sink vanity, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, bath products - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner), individually controlled air-conditioning, 24-hour room service.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The complimentary dining options onboard Mein Schiff 4, all included in cruise prices, are Atlantik (Mediterran, Brasserie, Klassik), Anckelmannsplatz, Backstube, GOSCH Sylt, Tag & Nacht, Eis Bar. Surf & Turf, Hanami, and Richards are at an additional charge. Drinks in most bars and restaurants are free. TUI Cruises pioneered the "Dynamic Dining" concept, that was later spread fleetwide on Royal Caribbean cruise ships.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 4 restaurants and food bars.
- “Atlantic Classic” (530-seat, complimentary main dining room (of all three) for buffet-style Breakfast and waiter-served Lunch and Dinner. Some menu inclusions are at extra charge.
- “Atlantik Brasserie” (256-seat main dining room; offers French cuisine specialities, a la carte menu and healthy choices).
- “Atlantik Mediterran” (266-seat Mediterranean themed main dining room. Some items in the menu are marked as “family meals”).
- Hanami (62-seat speciality Japanese restaurant for sushi and traditional specialities at surcharge).
- Tag & Nacht (Day & Night 24-hour 88-seat bistro).
- “Richards” (“Fine Dining” 70-seat dinner restaurant, reservations required, at surcharge PP).
- Surf & Turf (speciality seafood and steakhouse restaurant).
- Backstube / Bakery (120-seat, complimentary).
- Anckelmannsplatz buffet restaurant (745-seat, with partially covered outdoor area for al-fresco dining; complimentary, self-service, with various food stations).
- GOSCH Sylt (133-seat complimentary seafood restaurant, a la carte menu; with outdoor seating area).
- Alster Bar & Grill.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
TUI Mein Schiff 4 boasts a Sound House (the first chamber music Philharmonic at sea), as well as a 3-tiered Theatre and 25-meter long swimming pool. The evening entertainment program in the theatre includes theatrical performances, opera, musicals, varietes, music shows like Beatles, Sketch Parade, flying acrobatic artists and magicians. The theatre boasts eight dynamic LED screens and a revolving stage.
Ship's Sound House (Klanghaus) has concert hall which simulates acoustics and hosts opera and cabaret performances, chamber music, classical concerts. The first ever chamber music room at sea has an ACS (Acoustic Control System) and doubles as an indoor cinema. Its moving seats allow quick transformation into a ballroom.
Mein Schiff 4 is also the first cruise ship to feature a maritime museum at sea - “Meerleben – Entdecken & Erleben”. It is operated together with the “International Maritime Museum” in Hamburg. The project was supported by the Ministry of Education and Research), Hamburg University, Bremen University, private companies and foundations.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 4 lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Theatre (1000-seat main show lounge for grand-style show productions; with a revolving stage and eight dynamic LED screens).
- Sturmfrei (Teens Lounge featuring video gaming consoles, dance floor, foosball table, activities like karaoke, cooking classes, teen parties, movies, etc.).
- The Playground area (with Internet corner and Spielplatz/video console games. Internet access is complimentary for all Suite guests. Wi-Fi is available shipwide, prices are per minute, 1 hour or 3 hours).
- “Meerleben-Entdecken & Erleben” (Sea Life-Explore & Experience - the world’s first maritime museum at sea; 3230 ft2/300 m2 sealife museum with an interactive exhibition; interactive bridge; sea cinema; researchers table).
- Atelier (Workshop/art studio for painters).
- Klanghaus (Sound House - the first-ever chamber music room at sea, 300-seat with concert hall simulating acoustics; hosts events like opera, classical concerts, chamber music, jazz, cabaret performances, theatrical readings, comedies, media presentations).
- The Neuer Wall shopping arcades.
- TUI Bar; Coffee Lounge; Diamant Bar (Diamond Bar); Abtanz Bar (100-seat disco nightclub); Rauchersalon (Cigar Room); Schau Bar (249-seat Show Bar); Champagner Treff (Champagnes Match; wine bar); Uberschau Bar (50-seat wellness bar with a “healthy drinks” menu); Unverzicht Bar (poolside bar); Eis Bar (40-seat Ice Bar).
- Casino (20-seat; open only during sea days).
- Grosse Freiheit (one of the most special places onboard, located at the aft of the ship and including various restaurants; features an 1800 ft2/167 m2 glass wall / diamond-shaped facade which spans on 2 decks).
- SPA Sauna area (with a Finnish Sauna room, Herbal Sauna, Salt Sauna, Tea Lounge).
- Himmel & Meer Lounge (Suite Guests only); X-Lounge (Suite-guests only lounge).
- SPA & Meer (SPA & Sea complex with a Rasul Room/mud bath, Treatment Rooms, Zen Garden, saunas; Beauty Salon.
- Sport & Gesunheit (Sport & Health Fitness Centre; Fitness classes/personal trainers provided at surcharge).
- Aussenpool (outdoor pool area with a 25 m long swimming pool, extensive sunbathing area, Aussenalster Bar & Grill).
- Innenpool (indoor, 2-level pool area with 1 swimming pool and 1 whirlpool).
- Outdoor large-size LED Movie Screen.
- Insel der Seerauber (Pirates’ Island Kids Club complimentary lounge).
- Nest (baby room; offers babysitting services at surcharge).
- Arena (open-air combined sports court); Sport & Gesundheit Kursraum (spinning room for sports classes); Power Walking / Jogging Track.
- Blauer Balkon (Blue Balcony) the “walk on water” spot features 11 m2 (140 ft2) glass-floor platforms positioned 37 m (120 ft) above sea level.
TUI schiff einkaufsbummel (onboard shopping)
TUI schiff SPA und Sport
TUI schiff sonnenbereiche und poolbereiche (sundeck and pool deck areas)
Mein Schiff 4 wiki
Schiff 4 is TUI's second newbuild vessel constructed in Turku Finland. In 2015, the STX shipbuilding company was bought out by Meyer Werft GmbH. All the new TUI cruise vessels were built with energy-efficient solutions and environmentally friendly power plants that reduce emissions by 30% in comparison to other ships of similar size. Designers of the new TUI liners are Wilson Butler Architects, together with CM Design and Tillberg Design. Fun fact is, that each ship in this new series brings nearly 5000 person-years labor to the Turku shipyard. Each ship's construction engages 800 out of all 1400 workers at the shipbuilding yard. The percentage of German travelers on TUI ships is ~80%.
The vessel was launched (floated out from drydock) on October 10, 2014, and delivered to TUI on May 8, 2015. The christening ceremony was on June 5, 2015, held in Port Kiel Germany and led by Godmother Franziska van Almsick (1978-born German swimmer and Olympic medalist - in 1992 at Barcelona Olympic Games).
During the inaugural 2014 season, TUI Schiff 4 operated itineraries in Northern Europe (Norway Fjords, Baltic/Scandinavia and Russia). During winter, the liner was deployed for roundtrip 7-day Canary Islands cruises leaving from homeport Las Palmas (Gran Canaria).
During the scheduled in 2020 drydock, Schiff 4's powerplant will be upgraded with shoreside power capabilities. The technology allows the vessel to shut down its diesel engines while in port and to receive electricity from city's power grid via dockside facility.
Mein Schiff 4 - user reviews and comments
Photos of Mein Schiff 4Add Photo
Mein Schiff 4 ship related cruise news
Other TUI Cruises cruise ships
Mein Schiff 4 Itineraries
The below listed Mein Schiff 4 cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest TUI Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Aug 30||5 days, one-way from Kiel to Hamburg||Kiel|
|2019 Sep 04||10 days, round-trip Grosbritannien Ab Hamburg I||Hamburg|
|2019 Sep 24||5 days, round-trip Kurzreise Mit Marseille & Barcelona||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Sep 29||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren Ii||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 10||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien Iii||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 20||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren Ii||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 31||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Nov 10||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Nov 21||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Dec 01||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Dec 12||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Dec 22||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Jan 02||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Jan 12||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Jan 23||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Feb 14||9 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien Iv||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Feb 23||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Mar 05||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Mar 15||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Mar 26||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Apr 05||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Apr 16||4 days, round-trip Kurzreise Mit Marseille & Barcelona Ii||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Apr 24||6 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Palermo||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 Apr 30||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Lissabon I||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 May 10||10 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Hamburg||Palma de Mallorca|
|2020 May 20||8 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Geirangerfjord I||Hamburg|
|2020 May 28||11 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Nordkap I||Hamburg|
|2020 Jun 08||17 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Spitzbergen & Island I||Hamburg|
|2020 Jun 25||8 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Geirangerfjord I||Hamburg|
|2020 Jul 03||17 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Spitzbergen & Island Ii||Hamburg|
|2020 Jul 20||10 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Orkney-Inseln||Hamburg|
|2020 Jul 30||12 days, round-trip Westeuropa Mit Lissabon||Hamburg|
|2020 Aug 11||8 days, one-way from Hamburg to Kiel||Hamburg|
|2020 Aug 19||11 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Geirangerfjord & Narvik||Kiel|
|2020 Aug 30||8 days, round-trip Ostsee Mit St. Petersburg Iv||Kiel|
|2020 Sep 07||8 days, round-trip Norwegen Mit Geirangerfjord Iv||Kiel|
|2020 Sep 15||8 days, round-trip Ostsee Mit St. Petersburg Iv||Kiel|
|2020 Nov 29||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2020 Dec 06||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Dec 06||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2020 Dec 13||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2020 Dec 13||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Dec 20||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2020 Dec 20||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2020 Dec 27||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2020 Dec 27||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 03||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 03||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 10||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 10||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 17||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 17||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 24||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 24||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 31||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Jan 31||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Feb 07||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Feb 07||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Feb 14||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Feb 14||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Feb 21||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Feb 21||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii & Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Feb 28||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote||Las Palmas|
|2021 Feb 28||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Lanzarote & Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Mar 07||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2021 Mar 14||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Kapverden||Las Palmas|
|2021 Mar 28||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Azoren Ii||Las Palmas|
Mein Schiff 4 User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review