Mein Schiff 4
Former name: Meyer Werft TUI hull 1384
Mein Schiff 4 current position
Mein Schiff 4 current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 55.53883 N / 10.84111 E) cruising at speed of 18.3 kn (34 km/h | 21 mph) en route to Kiel. The AIS position was reported 5 minutes ago.All Itineraries Current Position
Current itinerary of Mein Schiff 4
Mein Schiff 4 current cruise is 11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Trondheim. The itinerary starts on 19 May, 2023 and ends on 30 May, 2023.
|Date / Time||Port|
|19 May 17:00||Departing from Kiel, Germany hotels|
|21 May 08:00 - 19:00||Oslo, Norway|
|22 May 08:00 - 18:00||Kristiansand, Norway|
|24 May 09:00 - 18:00||Trondheim, Norway|
|25 May 08:00 - 19:00||Molde, Norway|
|26 May 08:00 - 18:00||Geiranger, Norway|
|26 May 19:30 - 20:30||Hellesylt, Norway|
|27 May 08:00 - 18:00||Alesund, Norway|
|28 May 08:00 - 17:00||Bergen, Norway|
|30 May 08:00||Arriving in Kiel, Germany hotels|
Specifications of Mein Schiff 4
|Year of build||2015 / Age: 8|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland)|
|Building cost||EUR 500 million (USD 620 million)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 km/h / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||293 m / 961 ft|
|Beam (width)||35 m / 115 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||99500 gt|
|Passengers||2506 - 2700|
|Decks with cabins||9|
|Sister-ships||Mein Schiff 3, Mein Schiff 5, Mein Schiff 6|
|Former names||Meyer Werft TUI hull 1384|
|Christened by||Franziska van As|
|Owner||TUI AG and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)|
|Operator||TUI Cruises GmbH|
Mein Schiff 4 Itineraries
|Date||Itinerary||Departure Port||Price from|
|2023 Apr 27||4 days, round-trip - Westliches Mittelmeer Mit Barcelona||Palma de Mallorca|
|2023 May 01||4 days, round-trip Jeckliner 3||Palma de Mallorca|
|2023 May 05||10 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Hamburg||Palma de Mallorca|
|2023 May 15||4 days, one-way from Hamburg to Kiel||Hamburg|
|2023 May 19||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Trondheim||Kiel|
|2023 May 30||5 days, round-trip - Ostsee Mit Helsinki||Kiel|
|2023 Jun 04||8 days, round-trip - Nordland Mit Kopenhagen||Kiel|
|2023 Jun 12||10 days, round-trip - Ostsee Mit Helsinki||Kiel|
|2023 Jun 22||17 days, round-trip - Nordland Mit Spitzbergen Island||Kiel|
|2023 Jul 09||14 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Spitzbergen Geirangerfjord||Kiel|
|2023 Jul 23||14 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Spitzbergen Nordfjordeid||Kiel|
|2023 Aug 06||10 days, round-trip - Ostsee Mit Helsinki Riga||Kiel|
|2023 Aug 16||12 days, round-trip - Ostsee Mit Helsinki Kopenhagen||Kiel|
|2023 Aug 28||8 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Geirangerfjord||Kiel|
|2023 Sep 05||5 days, round-trip - Ostsee Mit Gotland||Kiel|
|2023 Sep 10||5 days, round-trip Rock n Sail 2023 Mit Peter Maffay Und Band||Kiel|
|2023 Sep 24||9 days, one-way from Hamburg to Palma de Mallorca||Hamburg|
|2023 Oct 03||10 days, round-trip - Westliches Mittelmeer Mit Cartagena||Palma de Mallorca|
|2023 Oct 13||9 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria||Palma de Mallorca|
|2023 Oct 22||12 days, one-way from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to La Romana||Las Palmas de Gran Canaria|
|2023 Oct 22||15 days, one-way from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to Bridgetown||Las Palmas de Gran Canaria|
|2023 Nov 03||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2023 Nov 06||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2023 Nov 17||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2023 Nov 20||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2023 Dec 01||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2023 Dec 04||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2023 Dec 15||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2023 Dec 18||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2023 Dec 29||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Iii||La Romana|
|2024 Jan 01||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Iv||Bridgetown|
|2024 Jan 12||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2024 Jan 15||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2024 Jan 26||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2024 Jan 29||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2024 Feb 09||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2024 Feb 12||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2024 Feb 23||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2024 Feb 26||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2024 Mar 08||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2024 Mar 11||14 days, round-trip - Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2024 Mar 22||16 days, one-way from La Romana to Palma de Mallorca||La Romana|
|2024 Mar 25||13 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Palma de Mallorca||Bridgetown|
|2024 Apr 07||9 days, round-trip - Westliches Mittelmeer Mit Korsika||Palma de Mallorca|
|2024 Apr 16||9 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Bremerhaven||Palma de Mallorca|
|2024 Apr 25||11 days, round-trip - Westeuropa Mit Lissabon||Bremerhaven|
|2024 May 11||8 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Stavanger||Bremerhaven|
|2024 May 19||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Narvik||Bremerhaven|
|2024 May 30||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Flam||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jun 10||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Tromso||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jun 21||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Geirangerfjord||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jul 02||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Tromso||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jul 13||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Geirangerfjord||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Jul 24||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Tromso||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Aug 04||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Bergen||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Aug 15||11 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Nordkap Tromso||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Aug 26||7 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Bergen||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Sep 02||7 days, round-trip - Norwegen Mit Geirangerfjord||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Sep 09||11 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Palma de Mallorca||Bremerhaven|
|2024 Sep 20||10 days, round-trip - Westliches Mittelmeer Mit Lissabon||Palma de Mallorca|
|2024 Sep 30||12 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Antalya||Palma de Mallorca|
|2024 Oct 12||15 days, one-way from Antalya to Dubai||Antalya|
|2024 Oct 27||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2024 Nov 03||8 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2024 Nov 11||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2024 Nov 18||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2024 Nov 25||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2024 Dec 02||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2024 Dec 09||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2024 Dec 16||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2024 Dec 23||7 days, round-trip - Festtage Im Orient - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2024 Dec 30||7 days, round-trip - Jahresauftakt Im Orient - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Jan 06||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Jan 13||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Jan 20||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Jan 27||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Feb 03||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Feb 24||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Mar 03||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Mar 10||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Mar 17||7 days, round-trip - Zauber Des Orients - AbBis Dubai||Dubai|
|2025 Mar 24||16 days, one-way from Dubai to Antalya||Dubai|
Mein Schiff 4 Review
Review of Mein Schiff 4
The 2015-built TUI Mein Schiff 4 cruise ship is owned by TUI Cruises and built by Meyer Turku Shipyard (Finland). TUI Schiff 4 has all 5 sister ships (from the same series) - Schiff 3 (2014), Schiff 5 (2016), Schiff 6 (2017), Schiff 1 (2018) and Schiff 2 (2019).
The vessel (IMO number 9678408) is currently Malta-flagged (MMSI 229678000) and registered in Valletta.
History - construction and ownership
TUI Cruises is a UK-based joint venture cruise company (50-50) of TUI Group (British-German travel and tourism corporation) and RCCL-Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (USA-based passenger shipping company). TUI started cruise shipping operations in 2009, targeting predominantly the German-speaking market with a premium travel vacation product. German and English are the main onboard languages on all TUI Schiffs (ships). TUI's sister-brands are Marella Cruises UK and Hapag-Lloyd-Cruises.
The 2500-passenger ship Mein Schiff 4 is a copy of the sistership Schiff 3. Schiff 4 is the 2nd TUI liner of the company's "wellness ships", with a modern marine design provided by CM Design, Tillberg, and Wilson Butler Architects. Four more identical design ships were built in Finland (between 2016-2018), all with new-generation, environmentally-friendly engines and energy-saving power plants. All ships in this series feature around 80% German passenger content.
TUI Schiff 4 cruise deals are ticket-price inclusive of:
- 24-hour food and snacks on the ship
- over 100 brand beverages and cocktails (excepting premium brand alcohol)
- facilities and entertainment for children and teens
- complimentary access to SPA's sauna area
- complimentary Gym and wellness courses
- onboard entertainment (shows, concerts, theatrical and musical performances)
- gratuities (all onboard tips).
Decks and Cabins
TUI Schiff 4 staterooms (1253 total) include 89 Suites, 957 Balcony (80% of all cabins), 97 Oceanviews and 123 Interior, in total 23 cabin categories. Wheelchair-accessible cabins are 6, all located on Deck 3 and each with wider entry and bathroom doors, emergency phone, special handrails and location close to the passenger lifts. Bonus services for all Suite categories include free Internet, Xbox gaming console, complimentary mini-bar, concierge service, priority services, in-room dining, exclusive Suites-only access to ship's X-Lounge and private sundeck.
All Schiff 4 staterooms offer as standard amenities 2 single beds (1 double bed), bedside cabinets (with drawers and reading lamp), sofabed (or 1-2 Pullman beds), smart HDTV (satellite reception, infotainment system with on-demand movies, Internet, ship info channel), direct dial phone, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), minibar, Nespresso coffee machine (2 capsules are included per day), water carafe with glasses, mirrored dressing table (writing desk) with chair, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, single-sink vanity, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, bath products - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner), individually controlled air-conditioning, 24-hour room service.
The boat has 15 decks of which 12 are passenger-accessible and 9 with cabins.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The complimentary dining options onboard Mein Schiff 4, all included in cruise prices, are Atlantik (Mediterran, Brasserie, Klassik), Anckelmannsplatz, Backstube, GOSCH Sylt, Tag & Nacht, Eis Bar. Surf & Turf, Hanami, and Richards are at an additional charge. Drinks in most bars and restaurants are free. TUI Cruises pioneered the "Dynamic Dining" concept, that was later spread fleetwide on Royal Caribbean cruise ships.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 4 restaurants and food bars.
- "Atlantic Classic" (530-seat, complimentary main dining room (of all three) for buffet-style Breakfast and waiter-served Lunch and Dinner. Some menu inclusions are at extra charge.
- "Atlantik Brasserie" (256-seat main dining room; offers French cuisine specialties, a la carte menu and healthy choices).
- "Atlantik Mediterran" (266-seat Mediterranean-themed main dining room. Some items in the menu are marked as "family meals").
- Hanami (62-seat Japanese restaurant for sushi and traditional specialties at surcharge).
- Tag und Nacht (Day & Night 24-hour 88-seat bistro).
- "Richards" ("Fine Dining" 70-seat dinner restaurant, reservations required, at surcharge PP).
- Surf und Turf (specialty seafood and steakhouse restaurant).
- Backstube / Bakery (120-seat, complimentary).
- Anckelmannsplatz buffet restaurant (745-seat, with partially covered outdoor area for al-fresco dining; complimentary, self-service, with various food stations).
- GOSCH Sylt (133-seat complimentary seafood restaurant, a la carte menu; with outdoor seating area).
- Alster Bar und Grill.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
TUI Mein Schiff 4 boasts a Sound House (the first chamber music Philharmonic at sea), as well as a 3-tiered Theatre and 25-meter long swimming pool. The evening entertainment program in the theatre includes theatrical performances, opera, musicals, varietes, music shows like Beatles, Sketch Parade, flying acrobatic artists and magicians. The theatre boasts eight dynamic LED screens and a revolving stage.
Ship's Sound House (Klanghaus) has a concert hall which simulates acoustics and hosts opera and cabaret performances, chamber music, classical concerts. The first-ever chamber music room at sea has an ACS (Acoustic Control System) and doubles as an indoor cinema. Its moving seats allow quick transformation into a ballroom.
Mein Schiff 4 is also the first cruise ship to feature a maritime museum at sea - "Meerleben - Entdecken & Erleben". It is operated together with the "International Maritime Museum" in Hamburg. The project was supported by the Ministry of Education and Research), Hamburg University, Bremen University, private companies and foundations.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 4 lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Theatre (1000-seat main show lounge for grand-style show productions; with a revolving stage and eight dynamic LED screens).
- Sturmfrei (Teens Lounge featuring video gaming consoles, dance floor, foosball table, activities like karaoke, cooking classes, teen parties, movies, etc.).
- The Playground area (with Internet corner and Spielplatz/video console games. Internet access is complimentary for all Suite guests. Wi-Fi is available shipwide, prices are per minute, 1 hour or 3 hours).
- "Meerleben-Entdecken und Erleben" (Sea Life-Explore & Experience - the world's first maritime museum at sea; 3230 ft2/300 m2 sealife museum with an interactive exhibition; interactive bridge; sea cinema; researchers table).
- Atelier (Workshop/art studio for painters).
- Klanghaus (Sound House - the first-ever chamber music room at sea, 300-seat with concert hall simulating acoustics; hosts events like opera, classical concerts, chamber music, jazz, cabaret performances, theatrical readings, comedies, media presentations).
- The Neuer Wall shopping arcades.
- TUI Bar; Coffee Lounge; Diamant Bar (Diamond Bar); Abtanz Bar (100-seat disco nightclub); Rauchersalon (Cigar Room); Schau Bar (249-seat Show Bar); Champagner Treff (Champagnes Match; wine bar); Uberschau Bar (50-seat wellness bar with a "healthy drinks" menu); Unverzicht Bar (poolside bar); Eis Bar (40-seat Ice Bar).
- Casino (20-seat; open only during sea days).
- Grosse Freiheit (one of the most special places onboard, located at the aft of the ship and including various restaurants; features an 1800 ft2/167 m2 glass wall / diamond-shaped facade which spans on 2 decks).
- SPA Sauna area (with a Finnish Sauna room, Herbal Sauna, Salt Sauna, Tea Lounge).
- Himmel und Meer Lounge (Suite Guests only); X-Lounge (Suite guests-only lounge).
- SPA und Meer (SPA & Sea complex with a Rasul Room/mud bath, Treatment Rooms, Zen Garden, saunas; Beauty Salon.
- Sport und Gesunheit (Sport & Health Fitness Centre; Fitness classes/personal trainers provided at surcharge).
- Aussenpool (outdoor pool area with a 25 m long swimming pool, extensive sunbathing area, Aussenalster Bar & Grill).
- Innenpool (indoor, 2-level pool area with 1 swimming pool and 1 whirlpool).
- Outdoor large-size LED Movie Screen.
- Insel der Seerauber (Pirates Island Kids Club complimentary lounge).
- Nest (baby room; offers babysitting services at surcharge).
- Arena (open-air combined sports court); Sport & Gesundheit Kursraum (spinning room for sports classes); Power Walking / Jogging Track.
- Blauer Balkon (Blue Balcony) the "walk on water" spot features 11 m2 (140 ft2) glass-floor platforms positioned 37 m (120 ft) above sea level.
TUI schiff einkaufsbummel (onboard shopping)
TUI schiff SPA und Sport
TUI schiff sonnenbereiche und poolbereiche (sundeck and pool deck areas)
On May 14, 2015, Mein Schiff 4 entered its first homeport Kiel (Germany). Ship's winter itinerary program was based on roundtrips to the Canary Islands, Morocco and Maderia from homeport Gran Canaria. The summer season offered roundtrips in Northern out of Kiel.
Currently, the ship offers to reposition through Suez Canal (Europe-Asia-Europe) and between Mediterranean-Baltic.
- The 7-day Dubai roundtrips visit Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and UAE (Abu Dhabi), with Dubai pre- and post-cruise overnights. Also offered are 14-day B2Bs (back-to-back cruises). In 2019, a special 14-day cruise from Dubai visits India (Mormugao, Cochin, Mumbai).
- Germany roundtrips (from Kiel) visit Baltic Sea ports in Norway (Norwegian Fjords, Spitzbergen), Scandinavia and Russia, Iceland.
- In the Mediterranean, Schiff 4 cruises from Palma de Mallorca (Majorca Island, Spain) to large-city ports in France, Spain, Portugal, Canary Islands, Morocco (North Africa).
Mein Schiff 4 - user reviews and comments
Photos of Mein Schiff 4Add Photo
Mein Schiff 4 ship related cruise news
4 COVID positives force TUI to cancel the Mein Schiff 4 cruise in Gran Canaria
Due to COVID outbreak on TUI's cruise ship Mein Schiff 4 (4 affected passengers), TUI Cruises decided to disembark all guests at Port Las Palmas de...December 20, 2021
- Cruise Industry
TUI Cruises launches Northern European voyages on 4 ships in summer 2023
TUI Cruises will send 4 of its ships to Northern Europe for the 2023 season. All sailings are roundtrips from Germany's homeports Bremerhaven, Kiel...November 13, 2021
- Cruise Industry
COVID crew on TUI's cruise ship Mein Schiff 4
A 26-year-old Indonesian female crew of TUI's cruise ship Mein Schiff 4 has tested COVID-positive. 9 crew were quarantined during the last days of...July 21, 2021
- Cruise Industry
1970 crew working on German cruise ships return to Indonesia
As many as 1970 Indonesians working for several Germany-based cruise ships were repatriated / returned to Indonesia over the past few weeks...May 21, 2020
- Cruise Industry
VIDEO: Mein Schiff 4 Boasts After Refurbishment
During the 11-day refurbishment of the TUI Cruises ship Mein Schiff 4 (done in Marseille France) Trimline UK (interior outfitting company) working...March 12, 2020
- Cruise Industry
VIDEO: Hamburg Cruise Days 2019
Over 0,5 million tourists visited over the weekend Germany for the 7th Hamburg Cruise Days. With a record number of 12 participating cruise...September 17, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Honduras Attracts New Cruise Lines
Honduras has reported an increase in the number of cruise ship tourists and cruise liners last year compared with 2015, reflecting a...July 12, 2017
- show more news
Other TUI Cruises cruise ships
Mein Schiff 4 Wiki
Schiff 4 is TUI's second newbuild vessel constructed in Turku Finland. In 2015, the STX shipbuilding company was bought out by Meyer Werft GmbH. All the new TUI cruise vessels were built with energy-efficient solutions and environmentally friendly powerplants that reduce emissions by 30% in comparison to other ships of similar size. Designers of the new TUI liners are Wilson Butler Architects, together with CM Design and Tillberg Design. Fun fact is, that each ship in this new series brings nearly 5000 person-years labor to the Turku shipyard. Each ship's construction engages 800 out of all 1400 workers at the shipbuilding yard. The percentage of German travelers on TUI ships is ~80%.
The vessel was launched (floated out from drydock) on October 10, 2014, and delivered to TUI on May 8, 2015. The christening ceremony was on June 5, 2015, held in Port Kiel Germany and led by Godmother Franziska van Almsick (1978-born German swimmer and Olympic medalist - in 1992 at Barcelona Olympic Games).
During the inaugural 2014 season, TUI Schiff 4 operated itineraries in Northern Europe (Norway Fjords, Baltic/Scandinavia and Russia). During winter, the liner was deployed for roundtrip 7-day Canary Islands cruises leaving from homeport Las Palmas (Gran Canaria).
TUI Schiff 4 refurbishment 2020 review
During the ship's drydock in 2020 February (at Chantier Naval de Marseille Shipyard), Schiff 4 was upgraded with shoreside power capabilities. The technology allows the berthed vessel to shut down its diesel engines while in port and to receive electricity (from the city's power grid) via dockside facility.
The USD 20 million drydocking project (February 3-13, 2020) also included renovations to main onboard facilities (restaurants, lounges and bars, pool deck). Completely overhauled (fully refurbished) were La Spezia Restaurant (Italian), Hanami Restaurant (Japanese), Cafe Lounge (French Bistro) and Diamant Bar. Also redesigned were the Lobby Hall (Reception Desk, Tours Desk) and Sturmfrei (teen lounge).
The project was managed by Trimline UK (Southampton-based interior outfitting company) via partnership with CM Design (project management) and Studio Aisslinger (furniture designer Werner Aisslinger). Along with the regularly scheduled maintenance works (hull cleaning, coating, repairs) the cruise liner also received custom-made designer furniture and 40+ joinery items, including booth seating and a wine chiller cabinet.