Mein Schiff 2 Review and Specifications
Specifications of Mein Schiff 2
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Meyer Werft (Turku, Finland)|
|Building cost||EUR 500 million (USD 625 million)|
|Owner||TUI AG and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||316 m / 1037 ft|
|Beam (width)||36 m / 118 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||111500 gt|
|Passengers||2534 - 2894|
|Decks with cabins||11|
|Sister-ships||Mein Schiff 1, Mein Schiff 7|
|Christened by||Carolin Niemczyk|
Review of Mein Schiff 2
TUI Mein Schiff 2 cruise ship is owned by TUI Cruises and has two sisterships - Mein Schiff 1 (2018) and Mein Schiff 7 (2023). Vessels' previously designated names were "Mein Schiff 7" and "Mein Schiff 8", but as the old namesakes went to Marella Cruises UK (within TUI Group), the newbuilds took their names.
History - construction and ownership
TUI Cruises is a Germany-based Joint venture cruise company of TUI Group (British-German travel and tourism corporation) and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd - US passenger shipping company). TUI started operations in 2009, targeting predominantly the German-speaking market with a premium travel vacation product. German is the main onboard language on all TUI Schiffs (ships). TUI's sister-brand is Marella Cruises (UK source market).
TUI's new Mein Schiff 2 took the name of the old Schiff 2 (launched in 1997). In 2018, the old Schiff 2 was sold to "Marella Cruises" (TUI's UK brand line). Initially was announced that in March 2019, the old vessel will be transferred to Marella Cruises (fka Thomson) and operated as Marella Explorer 2. However, in March 2018, TUI announced that the old Schiff 2 stays in the fleet - under the name Mein Schiff Herz.
TUI Mein Schiff 2 cruise deals are ticket-price inclusive of:
- 24-hour food and snacks on the ship
- over 100 brand beverages and cocktails (excepting premium brand alcohol)
- facilities and entertainment for children and teens
- complimentary access to SPA's sauna area
- complimentary Gym and wellness courses
- onboard entertainment (shows, concerts, theatrical and musical performances)
- gratuities (all onboard tips).
Cruise itinerary program
TUI Schiff 2 itinerary program is based on European and Caribbean itineraries. Starting operations in January 2019, the ship offers Transatlantic repositioning (Europe-Caribbean-Europe).
- The 14-day Canary Islands roundtrip itineraries (from Gran Canaria) also visit Madeira Island (Funchal overnight).
- Homeport Palma de Mallorca roundtrips visit large -city ports in France (also Corsica Island), Italy (also Sicily Island), Malta and Ibiza Island (Spain).
- The 14-day Karibik roundtrip itineraries (departures from Barbados and Dominican Republic) visit Eastern and Southern Caribbean ports in Martinique, Antigua, Dominica, St Lucia, Grenada, Curacao, Bonaire, Aruba.
The 16-deck TUI Schiff 7 has 1447 passenger staterooms with a total of 2894 lower beds. Over 80% of all cabins are outside. All suites and family cabins have Xbox 360 video gaming consoles. The largest cabins are the 2-deck Himmel-Meer Suites with private rooftop terraces. For families are designed the new comfort rooms “Verandah Deluxe at home”. There are also Spa Balcony cabins with exclusive spa facilities access.
All Schiff 2 staterooms offer as standard amenities 2 single beds (1 double bed), bedside cabinets (with drawers and reading lamp), sofabed (or 1-2 Pullman beds), flat TV (sattelite reception, infotainment system with on-demand movies, Internet, ship info channel), direct dial phone, wardrobe, electronic safe box (in the closet), minibar, Nespresso coffee machine (2 capsules are included per day), water carafe with glasses, mirrored dressing table (writing desk) with chair, en-suite bathroom (WC, shower, single-sink vanity, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, bath products - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner), individually controlled air-conditioning, 24-hour room service.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The food in the large “Anckelmannsplatz” buffet restaurant is all included in fare. Mein Schiff 2 also boasts a bakery offering freshly prepared tarts or paninis for free. The Atlantic restaurant is divided into 3 themed restaurants and guests may choose to eat Asian, Mediterranean food or 5-course meals (all also included). Gosch Sylt offers fish, and another Bistro – smaller snacks. For an additional charge, enjoy the Hanami – exquisite Japanese restaurant, visit the specialty Richards, or the Steak Surf and Turf restaurant.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 2 restaurants and food bars.
- “Atlantic Classic” (complimentary main dining room (of all three) for buffet-style Breakfast and waiter-served Lunch and Dinner. Some menu inclusions are at extra charge
- “Atlantik Brasserie” (main dining room; offers French cuisine specialties, a la carte menu and healthy choices)
- “Atlantik Mediterran” (Mediterranean themed main dining room. Some items in the menu are marked as “family meals”)
- Hanami (specialty Japanese restaurant for sushi and traditional specialties at surcharge)
- Tag & Nacht (Day & Night 24-hour bistro)
- “Richards” (“Fine Dining” dinner restaurant, reservations required, at surcharge PP)
- Surf & Turf (specialty seafood and steakhouse restaurant)
- Backstube / Bakery (complimentary)
- Anckelmannsplatz buffet restaurant (with partially covered outdoor area for al-fresco dining; complimentary, self-service, with various food stations)
- GOSCH Sylt (complimentary seafood restaurant, a la carte menu; with outdoor seating area)
- Außenalster Bar & Grill
- Thalia Leselounge (reading lounge) and Nespresso Bar (both on deck 3 / the ship's lobby area was redesigned)
- Hanami (Asian restaurant by Tim Raue)
- Schmankerl-Entspannt (Austrian restaurant)
- Ganz Schön Gesund (Very Healthy) Bistro
- Manufaktur Kreativ Küche (Creative Kitchen)
- Osteria (pizzeria).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The main language on board TUI Mein Schiff 2 is German. Almost all beverages, food and gratuities are included in cruise price. The evening entertainment program in the theater includes theatrical performances, opera, musicals, varietes, music shows like Beatles, Sketch Parade, flying acrobatic artists and magicians. The theater boasts dynamic LED screens and a revolving stage.
Follows the complete list of Mein Schiff 2 lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Theater (1000-seat main show lounge for grand-style show productions; with a revolving stage and eight dynamic LED screens)
- Sturmfrei (Teens Lounge featuring video gaming consoles, dance floor, foosball table, activities like karaoke, cooking classes, teen parties, movies, etc.)
- The Playground area (with Internet corner and Spielplatz/video console games. Internet access is complimentary for all Suite guests. Wi-Fi is available shipwide, prices are per minute, 1 hour or 3 hours)
- Atelier (Workshop/art studio for painters)
- Klanghaus (Sound House - the first ever chamber music room at sea, 300-seat with concert hall simulating acoustics; hosts events like opera, classical concerts, chamber music, jazz, cabaret performances, theatrical readings, comedies, media presentations)
- The Neuer Wall shopping arcades
- TUI Bar; Coffee Lounge; Diamant Bar (Diamond Bar); Abtanz Bar (100-seat disco nightclub); Rauchersalon (Cigar Room); Schau Bar (249-seat Show Bar); Champagner Treff (Champagnes Match; wine bar); Uberschau Bar (50-seat wellness bar with a “healthy drinks” menu); Unverzicht Bar (poolside bar); Eis Bar (40-seat Ice Bar)
- X-Bar, Hoheluft (High Air) Bar, Ebbe & Flut Bier Bar (Low Tide Beer Bar)
- Casino (open only during sea days)
- Grosse Freiheit (one of the most special places onboard, located at the aft of the ship and including various restaurants; features a glass wall / diamond-shaped facade which spans on 2 decks)
- SPA Sauna area (with a Finnish Sauna room, Herbal Sauna, Salt Sauna, Tea Lounge)
- Himmel & Meer Lounge (Suite Guests only); X-Lounge (Suite-guests only lounge)
- SPA & Meer (SPA & Sea complex with a Rasul Room/mud bath, Treatment Rooms, Zen Garden, saunas; Beauty Salon)
- Sport & Gesunheit (Sport & Health Fitness Centre; Fitness classes/personal trainers provided at surcharge)
- Aussenpool (outdoor pool area with a 25 m long swimming pool, extensive sunbathing area, Aussenalster Bar & Grill)
- Innenpool (indoor, 2-level pool area with 1 swimming pool and 1 whirlpool)
- Outdoor large-size LED Movie Screen
- Insel der Seerauber (Pirates’ Island Kids Club complimentary lounge)
- Nest (baby room; offers babysitting services at surcharge)
- Arena (open-air combined sports court); Sport & Gesundheit Kursraum (spinning room for sport classes); Power Walking / Jogging Track (438 m/1,437 ft)
- Blauer Balkon (Blue Balcony) the “walk on water” spot features 11 m2 (140 ft2) glass-floor platforms positioned 37 m (120 ft) above sea level.
TUI schiff einkaufsbummel (onboard shopping)
TUI schiff SPA und Sport
TUI schiff sonnenbereiche und poolbereiche (sundeck and pool deck areas)
Mein Schiff 2 wiki
- All TUI cruise vessels were built with energy efficient solutions and environmentally friendly power plants that reduce emissions by 30% in comparison to other ships of similar size. Designers of the new TUI liners are Wilson Butler Architects, together with CM Design and Tillberg Design. Fun fact is, that each ship in this new series brings nearly 5000 person-years labor to the Turku shipyard. Each ship's construction engages 800 out of all 1400 workers at the shipbuilding yard. The percentage of German travelers on board TUI ships is around 80%.
- The vessel's keel-laying ceremony was on October 5, 2017, held at Meyer Werf's Turku shipyard. With the event officially started the hull's assembly. The ceremony was attended by Wybcke Meier and Frank Kuhlmann (TUI Cruises CEOs).
- This is the 6th TUI liner built by Meyer Turku. Its delivery was scheduled for 2019 Q1, with sistership Mein Schiff 1 (2018 April). When compared to the old version (Schiffs 3-4-5-6), the new Schiff 2 is 20 m longer (315 m / 295 m), 12000 GT tons heavier ( 11500 tons / 99500 tons) and have passenger capacity 2894.
- On June 1, 2018, the vessel was floated out from the drydock hall.
- On September 22 was reveled liner's godmother - Carolin Niemczyk (1990-born German singer). The christening ceremony was scheduled for February 9, 2019, to be held in Lisbon Portugal.
Mein Schiff 2 - user reviews and comments
Photos of Mein Schiff 2Add Photo
Mein Schiff 2 ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
TUI Cruises announced that German artist Carolin Niemczyk will serve as the official godmother of line's next passenger ship Mein Schiff 2. Niemczyk...September 23, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Panasonic), in partnership with subsidiary company ITC Global, has been awarded a 4-year contract by TUI Cruises...September 5, 2018
- Cruise Industry
A month after the delivery of New Mein Schiff 1, the next TUI ship in line, newbuild Mein Schiff 2, was floated out on Friday, June 1, at Meyer Turku...June 1, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The UK’s 3rd largest cruise line, Marella Cruises, appointed CCS (COLUMBIA Cruise Services) the technical management contract for line's newest...December 4, 2017
- Cruise Industry
The newbuilds of TUI Cruises, scheduled for delivery in 2018 and 2019 by Meyer Turku, will enter service as Mein Schiff 1 and Mein Schiff 2. They...June 24, 2016
- show more news
Other TUI Cruises cruise ships
Mein Schiff 2 Itineraries
The below listed Mein Schiff 2 cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest TUI Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2019 Jan 29||5 days, round-trip Vorfreudefahrt||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Feb 03||12 days, one-way from Bremerhaven to Las Palmas||Bremerhaven|
|2019 Feb 15||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iv||Las Palmas|
|2019 Feb 15||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Ii||Las Palmas|
|2019 Feb 22||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira V||Las Palmas|
|2019 Feb 22||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2019 Mar 01||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iv||Las Palmas|
|2019 Mar 01||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Ii||Las Palmas|
|2019 Mar 08||14 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira V||Las Palmas|
|2019 Mar 08||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Iii||Las Palmas|
|2019 Mar 15||7 days, round-trip Kanaren Mit Madeira Ii||Las Palmas|
|2019 Mar 22||12 days, one-way from Las Palmas to Palma de Mallorca||Las Palmas|
|2019 Apr 03||11 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Kanaren I||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Apr 14||9 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Salerno||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Apr 23||7 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Barcelona I||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Apr 30||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 May 10||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Lissabon||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 May 20||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 May 30||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Jun 09||9 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Salerno||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Jun 18||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Jun 28||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Jul 08||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Jul 18||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Jul 28||9 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Salerno||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Aug 06||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Aug 16||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Aug 26||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Sep 05||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Ibiza||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Sep 15||7 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien Ii||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Sep 22||9 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Salerno||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 01||10 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Lissabon||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 11||14 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien & Valencia||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 11||7 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Valencia||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 18||7 days, round-trip Mittelmeer Mit Andalusien Ii||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 25||17 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to Bridgetown||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Oct 25||14 days, one-way from Palma de Mallorca to La Romana||Palma de Mallorca|
|2019 Nov 08||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2019 Nov 11||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2019 Nov 22||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2019 Nov 25||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2019 Dec 06||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2019 Dec 09||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2019 Dec 20||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2019 Dec 23||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2020 Jan 03||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2020 Jan 06||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2020 Jan 17||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2020 Jan 20||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2020 Jan 31||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2020 Feb 03||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2020 Feb 14||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2020 Feb 17||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2020 Feb 28||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2020 Mar 02||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2020 Mar 13||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2020 Mar 16||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2020 Mar 27||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln I||La Romana|
|2020 Mar 30||14 days, round-trip Karibische Inseln Ii||Bridgetown|
|2020 Apr 10||17 days, one-way from La Romana to Palma de Mallorca||La Romana|
|2020 Apr 13||14 days, one-way from Bridgetown to Palma de Mallorca||Bridgetown|